“Nice and quiet”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
orlando, florida
“Nice and quiet”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Great location, clean and quite... Minutes from beach, close to everything and located in a military area.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank labeba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The place was generally nice but the building is not sound proof which wouldn't be too big of a deal if the pool hours were enforced and there wasn't a regional airport across the street! The food was a joke. There was one dining hall that looked like a Perkins. The other option is to eat at the casino bar where the food is equally atrocious and the bartenders are horrible. I stayed there on business for the Marriot points but next time I am in the Aguadilla area, I will stay at one of the small hotels in Jobos Beach instead.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ICUHEN
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband stayed at the Marriot on 2010 & 2011. We enjoyed the Casino and the pool. The rooms are so sexy and confortable. We enjoy the stay. I recommend it. Eventhough my mother in law lives 10 minutes from the hotel, we really enjoy staying and the privacy.

Mr. & Mrs. Luis Gonzalez

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zoraida A
WPB florida
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This place was very typical for a domestic US hotel, with a little latin flavor. The room was very spacious and comfortable, with a coffee maker and a safe. It has a nice hard wired internet access in the room, as well as WIFI, and computers in the lobby. Everywhere in the hotel was nice, and clean, and all the staff was pleasant and/or professional. I did not eat in the restaurant, too expensive. They have a small casino with a few table games (lost a fast 50 on craps, left). They casino will sell you a drink for a decent price. There is a nice little coffee bar in the lobby, a little pricey of course. My only real complaint is the price, $125 for a single room, allegedly holiday rate. They may try to get you to pay for parking, be sure to question that. There is a big pool area, kids will love it. If you want a cheaper room, EL Faro is right next door, with typical motel type rooms for $75. El faro actually has a nice tiki bar with decent food also. (The some ownership at both hotels)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ronbonbfhon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 3, 2011

As a US Foreign Service Officer, I have stayed in millions of hotels. This hotel is located at a former US Air Force Base during the Cold War and this particular hotel was the Base Hospital during those days. The physical facilities are OK. In front of the Hotel we have a US Immigration and Customs Enforcement station. So security at the nearby hotel is a plus and the pool area is a blast for families with kids. However, Mr. Ruiz, ( Manager ) there are certain things to keep in mind. You have an unprofessional staff and is inefficient. No customer service at all. Some of them really couldnt care less. No personnel helping with your luggage, so you will have to carry your own bags to the room and the casino bar is useless. Our staff was very disappointed.

You cannot run an hotel behind a desk. Get out and supervise your personnel. It seems like a tax shelter operation the way its run.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank John K
michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival to this hotel last night. My first impression was wow this is a clean hotel and the floors were just gleaming. The lobby is nicely furnished and there is a coffee/pastry shop located in the lobby as well as complimentary computers. I checked in and parked my car in their self parking lot ($8 per day). The parking lot was well lit and I felt very safe. When I arrived in my room on the second floor I was very happy with the decor. The ceiling is very tall which I like and there are two large windows that let in lots of natural light in the bedroom. The bathroom also has a very large window above the shower so you get great natural lighting all day! Both the room and bathroom is extremely clean. The towels and linens in the room were also very clean and up to my high standards. My room has a large closet and lots of storage space for your clothes and luggage. After checking in I went to the on site restaurant for dinner and the hostess, Vanessa was so friendly and helpful. I asked her if I could sit outside near the pool and she was very accomodating and served me my dinner outside. The menu was good and so was the food. I also had breakfast at this restaurant and could not find fault with it. There are very large windows overlooking the pool area and the atmosphere is nice. The hotel also has a bar and casino but I did not visit those areas so I can't tell you what they are like. The location of the hotel is fantastic if you are flying in and out of BQN. The airport is 2 minutes from the hotel. Also, the town of Aguadilla has a lot of nice restaurants and beach activities close to the hotel. The town of Rincon is only a 30 minute drive and there are lots of beaches and water related activities to enjoy there. I am very happy with this hotel and I will definitely stay here again. Here are the only things that the hotel can improve on: #1 - I am not big on A/C and am usually cold so this wasn't a big deal for me but for MOST Americans it would be a problem - the A/C in the room does not get cooler than 77 degrees no matter how much it runs. It just can't seem to cool the room. The #2 thing I noticed is that the hotel needs to start using bleach when they launder the pool towels. I was a little turned off by the stains all over both sets of complimentary pool towels I was given. I returned one set to the front desk and was given another set that were equally as stained. (the bath towels in my room were very clean and did not have this same issue). I did enjoy relaxing by the pool in the sun despite the towels. Two employees that deserve recognition are Vanessa from the restaurant and Lucia from the front desk. Both employees are fantastic!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank hobiecatsailor
Penssilvania
Reviewed October 29, 2011

At evening when arrived i was walking around to grab a coffe and i saw this employees of DAvids cookies, Maintenance, front desk all at the same time in front of the lobby losing their time taking pictures, talking on the cell phone, lau ghing really loud and no one noticed that i was waiting to get a coffe i didnt bother to go there and asked to someone take care cause they were so busy they looked like little kids. Please this is a courtyard!! Not a play ground!! They guy of maintenace i had a chat with the guy of maintance that the letter start with a ,P and his breath smell like pure alcohol that was awful the lady from the coffe shop you can tell she hates working there with her attitude RUDE!. The Hotel its pretty and the food its great the casino wounderfull but it was an unforgettable experice please modify the quality of the employers they look so unprofessional.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Veli_Pen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Hotel Colombus
Hotel Colombus
#1 of 2 in Aguada

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!