“Worst Courtyard I've been”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Sacramento, California
“Worst Courtyard I've been”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed for a week for business, totally agree with some of the previous comments here.
1. Arrived with a luggage and a big computer box, waiting for 15 mins to get assistance, none available. I had to hauled my luggage and the box myself to the room.
2. The girl at the counter didn't speak good English. Being 6'5", I was worried I was getting a queen/small bed so I asked 3 times if I was getting a King bed, she said I was getting a premier room, 3 times.
3. As you know, this is a converted Military hospital, the decor is descent, bathroom is small but the worst thing is, the AC is probably from the 70s. SUPER LOUD and next to the bed. On most nights, I pumped up the AC before I went to bed and hurry up and slept while the room was still cool, but quiet. I ended up waking up sweaty in the morning and turned on the AC again around 3am.
4. One day, coming back from work, I saw a plastic (laundry) bag hanging on my door handle, it's a bunch of clean towels. As I went in the bathroom, it turned out that the towel rack is missing a few towels. So, am I supposed to help them hanging those towels I got at the door?

This is definitely not up to Marriott's standard. Luckily, I don't think I'm coming back here (to Aguadilla) ever again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank luvhpux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Service standards have been declining at this hotel since its opening. We have stayed at this hotel several times and service has gone downhill fast. With very few notable exceptions the hotel staff is ill-mannered and trained, and have a huge attitude problem when dealing with guests. No one seems to have undergone customer service training at all. The front desk clerks will leave you talking in mid-sentence and move away to either pick up the phone or speak to other customers or answer back with attitude to any of your concerns.

The Guest Services line is a joke. Housekeeping did not make up the room and it took 3 calls to the front desk to get fresh towel, which, by the way have not arrived 1 hr later.

The restaurant food is OK, however, service is very slow and waiters are not properly trained to do their job. We spent over 50 minutes waiting for appetizers and a further 45 to get the food.

If you are staying in the Aguadilla area, this may be your only choice until something better comes along. I will spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jetdriver01
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is not in the least bit a place to stay if you are a business professional! The service was below par in all ways. One example I can give is that I was put on hold repetedly while trying to speak with the front desk to shorten my stay by one day. I spent the good part of an hour on hold. As soon as the front desk would pick up again- they would put me on hold. Each time I was on hold it was for 10 to 15 minute increments.
Absolutely unacceptable! This is only on example of the terrible service I received.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank captainmarigold
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Poor service, poor restaurant.
Old remodeled Air Force hospital, known by the old locals to have some kind of dangerous bacteria.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank yoyo030
iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel. I was there for two nights for business in nearby Montana. The room was clean with no bedbugs as for 1/18/11. Pool looks like it would be a blast for families with kids. Casino looks fun if you are into that, but the bar attached to it is useless as all you have to look at is a noisy casino. The restaurant is fair at best, but you don't have a lot of options within walking distance nearby, as others have mentioned. Just to the North (literally stumbling distance) of the hotel is another hotel called El Faro (the lighthouse) and is owned by the same people as this hotel. There is an outdoor bar/restaurant here that has good food, excellent drinks, and a great staff that speaks English. If it were not for the existence of this nearby bar, my stay would have been far less enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank docchilie
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed here two nights while visting relatives in San German, it is about thirty to forty-five minutes away, but worth it. The room was clean, the staff excellent, but they charge $8.00 per day for parking in a "secure lot". There is a splash park for kids at the pool, it was never on, but after a request at the front desk it was turned on in about ten minutes. My daughter loved it. There is a casino/bar in the hotel that was not noticable from our room. The room had two queens as described, a flat screen HDTV, no refrigarator or microwave (never asked). The onsite restuarant was price for breakfast ($12.95 buffet) but we found descent breakfast less than 2-miles away. We did have Mofongo and Shrimp which was excellent. There are two great beaches near by Crash Boat Beach (Public Beach) and Shack Beach which has limited parking. Shacks beach had great snorkeling.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We booked this hotel beacause we wanted a place to stay while visitng some attractions located in the island west area and to do some Geocaching. We got a last minute weekend deal for Puerto Rico residents $99/night/room +tax.

The hotel looks like new and is nicely decorated. Front desk reception and service during our stay was excellent. Did not see any personnel helping with luggage, so you will have to carry your own bags to the room. They had carriages available for the guests use.

We got a 1st floor room. It was clean, average size, nice flat screen TV, very confy beds. Notice that the room walls are very thin so we could clearly hear our neighboors. This was not a problem this time but could be for other people. Cheap thin towels in the bathroom. We had a not so beatiful window view to the neighborhood so we had the curtains closed during the whole stay.

Pool: Well, this is this hotel lucky charm, the kids pool with the playground. Our kid loved it!!! The water was clean and there were lots of chairs and umbrellas around the pool. I used my own pool towels because the ones provided by the hotel looked old and over used.

The casino and bar had live music at night. We did not enter that area because children are not allowed in there but from the outside you could see that people were having a good time.

In general this is an excellent hotel for a short stay in the west area of Puerto Rico.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Hotel Colombus
Hotel Colombus
#1 of 2 in Aguada

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!