“Must try chicken with dates!”
Review of Paprika - CLOSED

Paprika
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Place where you can experience the authentic flavors of the Mediterranean and Middle East with a modern twist!
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was impressed by this restaurant, it was nice to have something different. The ambiance is laid back. My dish was average but the chicken with dates my boyfriend had was delicious. It is one of the best dishes I have had. Our waiter and the chef were both very friendly. I definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Charlie1777

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant sits right off highway 110. There isn't much to this restaurant. The decor is not much, the tables are a mix and match. It does have outside seating, but it was windy to sit outside.

We ordered the sampler appetizers, all of which were good and the price was very good.

We ordered the Kofta special which was chewy and had the flavor of charcoal... This wasn't good.

The waitress was very attentive and friendly.

I might give this restaurant another chance and maybe I will try an item off the menu. I certainly won't be return for the ambiance.

If you're hungry for some Middle Eastern this might help you with the urge.

1  Thank Omar R
Saadia B, Owner at Paprika, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thanks for visiting Paprika. Our restaurant is a small family business that was made with a lot of sacrifice. As I read you review I felt it was harsh and disrespectful. About the food we respect your opinion but you could have also told the waitress that is also the owner what you felt in that moment and we would have made a new dish. Thank You.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

the chicken with dates are two chicken tenders and the fish ball are horrible. To paid 15.95 for a rife and 2 chicken tender is to much.

Saadia B, Owner at Paprika, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thanks for visiting Paprika. Sorry that you feel that the portions are too small. We think that the prices are fair for a plate of chicken breast with almonds, pine nuts, onions and dates that comes with basmati rice salad and fresh home made bread. The price for that it's $13 dollars not $15.95 like you wrote in your review. We would appreciate people writing the wright information. About your other entree it's about taste. Thank you for trying our restaurant.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the Almond Date Chicken and Lamb kabobs.

My husband has never tried Middle Eastern food and he was impressed with all the complex flavors of our dishes.

Our waitress was very attentive and consistently had our water glasses filled.

While waiting for the meals, she brought out two warm balls of bread with a side of olive oil with an olive in it for dipping. The bread were so good, it was like tasting bread for the first time in our lives!

When the dishes came out they did not disappoint.

You know your on to something great when they put that much care into something as basic as bread.

The dishes came with your choice of salads. The Jerusalem salad was a peppered salad consisting of chopped onions, celery, and green peppers. Our waitress suggesting mixing the salad with the rice that came with the lamb kabobs and the flavors worked well together. The potato salad was very good, with your typical potatoes and pickles. The almond date chicken was very tasty, I highly recommend it. I appreciated the char grilled flavor of the lamb kabobs.

As we ate the owner and chef came out to ask how everything was. He was very friendly and explained that he started selling food out of the Rincon farmer's market and the demand there was how his restaurant came to be. And we can understand why! He even gave us suggestions of activities to do on the island!

Great company, flavorful food - I highly recommend trying this gem while you're in Aguadilla.

1  Thank Chajister_11
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a small family run restaurant. The owners have dedicated themselves to creating authentic healthy and delicious Middle-eastern and Israeli food. They use fresh local ingredients combined with spices and seasonings specially brought in from Israel. They have beef, fish, chicken and vegetarian entrees and a variety of delicious Israeli salads. We started with hummus and fresh-baked bread. There was a delicious eggplant special with tzatziki, an incredibly tender and flavorful Moroccan fish, and other traditional favorites. Our kids love the paprika meatballs.

Food made with a lot of love, friendly and fast service, and reasonable prices. What's not to love?

1  Thank Mari V