“Short Thanksgiving Vacations”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Puerto Rico
“Short Thanksgiving Vacations”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice and quiet hotel. Clean and conveniently located. Rooms were clean, although AC unit was a bit noisy. The room keys deactivated the day before we were supposed to check out and on the checkout date they were deactivated by 9:00 am evethough our checkout time was 12:00 noon.

Room Tip: Rooms after the restaurant and on the 2nd floor are the most quiet. Away from pool in the weekends.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rafael G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Destin, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This place was horrible. Our first room had very little lighting so it was constantly dark, there was no hot water in the shower, the room was barely cleaned and there were bugs. Now, I've been to Puerto Rico plenty of times before so I am well aware that it's very different from the states but the bathtub had no sealant so there were bugs coming in and out of our room through it. It was awful.

We complained to the front desk the next morning and after checking back multiple times a maintenance person came into the room, looked at the seal for 2 seconds, then walked back out with us in tow to explain to the guy what I'd already told him. They told us that we'd have to wait for them to clean some other rooms, which we could then switch to one. It took a couple of hours but the new room was MUCH better. It was only 2 doors down from our original room which leads me to believe that the quality is kind of the luck of the draw.

The one upside? Crashboat is my favorite beach in the world and I liked being so close by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie H

Travelers are raving about these Aguadilla hotels

Isabela
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel it self wasn't bad. It was clean and easy to get around. But the room service hardly replaced the towels and toiletries. The beds felt like we were sleeping on the floor. Woke up everyday with back and neck pain and our room keys kept deactivating. The pools weren't temperature controlled therefor the water was freezing. The only good thing my family and I agreed on was that the hotel restaurant served delicious food for a good price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Irma I
humacao, puerto rico
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We as family had a great time here at this place. We did everything from bathing at the pool, walking at the place, seeing the moon and stars and much more. Even more we went to near beaches, bowling, skating, exploring the sugar ruins near the base, we also went to a skate and water park. There's so much that you can do at this place or out in the surroundings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank littlekid095
Albany, NY
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here one night. The grounds were very nice, and the cafe had a nice breakfast. The rooms were ok and fairly clean. They seemed to have been renovated recently. But the bed was very uncomfortable. I had originally been worried that there were gaps around the door/windows. But we didn't have any bug problems.Ok for one night...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYtravelers_111
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed there 4 nights and 5 days-first day checking in there was no towels in the room, no phone service, although the phone was present (maybe for looks?!?) in general the room was a mess and looked horrible. Changed rooms the next day but to my surprise after I had put the do not disturb sign on the door, the cleaning crew still came into my room and someone stole my son's ipod and tablet. They did however, found the ipod behind a table, which I am still trying to figure out how did it get there when I put it in one of the suitcases....hmmm a miracle!!! wow... But never found the tablet!! I told the front desk person, called the police and filed a report. The management never called me to apologize nor did they compensate me. I am still trying to get a hold of the manager, Ramon Ruiz, who is well aware of this issue, never contacted me in reference to this horrible experience at the place he is in charge of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Myra_Ken
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly front desk staff. Due to complications at the car rental location, we arrived hours after our schedule arrival time. The lady at the front desk assured me that our room would be held for us. The facility was clean and the pool was clean. The only inconvenience was that we had to carry our heavy suitcases up the stairs because no elevator was available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank familytrips733
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Courtyard Aguadilla
Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Mayaguez PR
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon

Been to Parador El Faro? Share your experiences!