“Excellent and interesting food”

Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine
Cuisines: American, African, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a fusion of Afropuertorican cuisine and Delicious Creative dishes from all over the world! Our menu contains recipes from Puerto Rican creole cuisine, all the African continent and Mediterranean countries. Our Sangrias are made with South African wine, rum and brandy and different fruit nectar. Our name FuFu, is an ancient recipe based on roots like casaba or yams originated from Ghana. FuFu Afropuertorican.International Cuisine specializes in Surf and Turfs and Sangria which change every week to maintain variety. Our combination of flavors has made us the number one choice when it comes to try different styles of food.
Rowley, MA
“Excellent and interesting food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was impressed by this restaurant. Aguadilla is a bit of a sleepy city on the western side of Puerto Rico, but there are some excellent restaurants. The waitresses were quite friendly, and if one couldn't provide the best translation for the menu, another staff member happily came over to help. I ordered a fish dish (made with grouper) that was just exceptional. The fish was so fresh and perfectly cooked. It sat on a bed of their version of "mofongo" -- it's a starchy side dish that compares to a potato to me (plantains and cassava in this version I think). Mofongo is less interesting to me, but it's a staple in Puerto Rico. My niece had a beef dish that had wonderful flavor. I definitely recommend going to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review your opinion is very important to us. Nothing makes us happier than to know that not only were we able provide a satisfying meal but also an overall good experience, this is our main goal. On behalf of all of us at FuFu... Thank you!

Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
“Must've gone on an off night”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My experience at Fufu was a bit disheartening to be blunt. The place was easy to find and I was happy to have the chef or so I believe return my call confirming my reservation that afternoon.

We arrived and were seated promptly. The waitresses struggled with their English translations of the menu and it's basics and the whole idea of what the restaurant was all about. They did show effort and I give them points on that. They took our orders and drinks soon came which always is a good start. We received the free fufu tasting that the chef sends out to everyone which tasted nicely but still needed a tiny bit of salt or seasoning - yet the sauces with it were very complimentary.

Unfortunately the black bean fritters which I was greatly looking forward to, were a huge letdown - they were seasoned but it was nearly obvious that some type of spice was needed to complete the plate. I know we Puertorican's aren't about spicy food - I'm one of them born and raised in Caguas, but if you're going to be about food fusion - do it all the way! The ceviche appetizer on the other hand was the best thing we had at this location - expertly seasoned and the one thing we could've just eaten over and over - don't miss it!

The main dishes came and I'm sorry to say it appeared that more attention was placed to the presentation than to the taste of what was being plated. The rice and my steak were ok but my partner's entire plate was just serviceable - its like it the meals came from 2 different kitchens. After the main course we were told there was 1 dessert - the fried cake in a phillo dough. You had a choice of lemon or chocolate - I went for chocolate, my partner went for lemon. Actually, the cakes were fried in a burrito wrap - not phillo dough - we know the difference since my partner has been a chef in NYC for over 22 yrs so we were a bit surprised. Regardless - the desserts were edible and the lemon had good flavor - the chocolate left something to be desired.

Please - I'm not saying this place doesn't deserve your business. Good drinks, good service, nice location and a wonderful idea. - I'm just hoping that the consistency was a one off and that be it.

2 Thank Jose C
FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to post your review your opinión is very important to us. Hope you are doing well. We are very glad to know that the flavors of our ceviche shined through and provided a medely of flavors worth remebering ( this is our goal with this dish). I definitely regret not Being able to meet your expectations with our Black Bean Croquets, not only are they my favorite of all the appetizers on the menu but our ongoing customers also enjoy them the most. As for dessert I personally apologize for any misunderstanding that might have taken place. All of our fried desserts are wrapped in Organic Corn Flour Tortillas in order to complement the flavors we are attempting to maintain inside our fried desserts and not Phillo Dough. Once again thank you so much visiting. We hope to see you again soon!
Gurabo Puerto Rico
“Exquisite Food, Exquisite presentation”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant by accident. The outside looks classy and definitively sets itself apart from the local beach joints. The interior is tasteful and in style. The menu is sufficiently elaborate and offers plenty of choice. The real surprise comes with the presentation. The dishes are beautifully plated, artful and refreshing. The taste of the food is totally in line with the presentation. Very fresh, very tasteful. We had ceviche, which was refreshing and accompanied by some great dipping sauces.
This is a place which deserves your attention. We will surely be back soon !!

• Visited March 2013
Thank you so much for visiting! All of the flavors and textures that we incorporate into our dishes are meant to provide a memorable experience for our guests. Thank you so much for letting us know we met you expectations and even more for your inspiring words they are truly motivating for all of our staff.
Westport, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rare Find!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a surprise to find this hip little gem in Aguadilla. The service was attentive and friendly. The ambience was African inspired hip with lounge music. The appetizer sampler and entree portions were generous and the flavor combinations were inventive. I particularly enjoyed my shrimp stuffed chicken with a cilantro, almond and bean rice. If people find out about this place they should do really well. I would go back in a heart beat!

• Visited February 2013
FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much Tracy for taking the time to write your review, your opinion is very important to us. Nothing makes us happier than to know you were more than satisfied with your all around experience. Cooking is my passion and my staff loves to take care of each and every single one of our customers. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. It was definitely our pleasure.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Just ate chicken breast with fufu and it was really good. Only thing - was the slow business ,,it's a good place that's why I don't understand why it is not full.....the music was awful.

1 Thank Josthen B
Josthen, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review our customers are most important to us. I am very glad to know your meal with us was a memorable experience. Our goal is always to provide the best experience possible not only from our kitchen staff but also from our servers and to know we were able to meet this goal with your party make us very happy. Thank you.