“We are huge fans of Fufu!”

Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine
Cuisines: American, African, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a fusion of Afropuertorican cuisine and Delicious Creative dishes from all over the world! Our menu contains recipes from Puerto Rican creole cuisine, all the African continent and Mediterranean countries. Our Sangrias are made with South African wine, rum and brandy and different fruit nectar. Our name FuFu, is an ancient recipe based on roots like casaba or yams originated from Ghana. FuFu Afropuertorican.International Cuisine specializes in Surf and Turfs and Sangria which change every week to maintain variety. Our combination of flavors has made us the number one choice when it comes to try different styles of food.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I live about 1.5 hours from FuFu. We happened to be in Aguadilla one day about a year ago and we passed the sign outside the restaurant (they have since changed to an awning). It read African/Puerto Rican food! Loving both, we stopped in to have lunch. As the famous line in Jerry Maguire goes, "you had me at hello!" Greeted by surround sound Afro/Caribbean music, and a warm welcome by an extremely personable hostess named Kasha (who turned out to be our waitress as well), the invitation to enter was too cheerful and genuine to pass up. The only patrons in there, Kasha took great care to introduce us to a menu filled with dishes that when described, we could nearly taste how rich and flavorful they were. We knew we were in for a treat. We purposely ordered two different dishes and throughout our meal, we spent equal time in each other’s plate as we did eating from our own. We were hooked! What a delight when Chef Cristian came out to greet us and thank us for our patronage. Between the food, the service and the personalized attention, we knew for certain we would be back.

Every time we have a reason to be on that side of the island, we build in time to eat at FuFu. We have eaten there several times now and each time is better than the last. There are some things that stand out in particular for us. The dishes are a combination of authentic and infused with sabor (that’s flavor that picks a big yummy punch!) and genius by Chef Cristian. It is clear from each bite of food that he loves what he does. We have tried all of the vegetarian dishes and to our delight, Chef Cristian was happy to turn any meat dish into a vegetarian dish, which not all restaurants are willing to do. We could rave on about the food, but it would fall flat if the service weren't excellent. Kasha is engaging, funny, extremely personable, knowledgeable and patient. What we thought was a one-time event because it was our first time in the restaurant and because we were the only ones eating turned out to be her style. We've been to the restaurant when it's been packed with happy dinner eaters and when we've been fortunate to have been the only patrons in it and the service is always excellent.

Over the summer some family members came to visit and we brought them to FuFu. Our brother-in-law spent two years in West Africa and so we were dying to know his impressions of the food. Like us, he vowed to be back! My husband took me there for my birthday and we plan to go back to celebrate our anniversary. Whether it is your first visit, or your 20th, whether it's a casual lunch or a special occasion, expect consistency, quality and excellent service. Cristian and Kasha have a serious winner on their hands and any chance we get to eat there and rave about them, we will gladly take it!

FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello Sarah and Paul! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We remember you first visit very well and definitely enjoy taking care of you guys and even more our conversations. Your kind words are very motivating to all of us. Hope to see you soon. Thank You.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Last week I went with my family and it was a very good experience. The food and service were excellent. I ate a steak with fried plantains stuffed with paella, my mother tasted the mahi mahi with coconut curry and my brother chose a steak stuffed mofongo. We all left satisfied as I had read that it was a good restaurant and definitely met all our expectations. I recommend it.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

This time I tried the chef's recommendation. It was somewhat of a surf n' turf: a paella stuffed skirt steak. It was delicious!! The fish in the paella was so fresh and the steak was so juicy and savory... This accompanied by the the tamarind sangria was the perfect combination. Also I was very fond of the new lemon wrap. I love sweets and to me this dessert deserves an A+!! Wonderful service, like the first time.... Definitely worth visiting

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in Aquadilla for business for a week and visited several restaurants. By far, the food at this restaurant was the BEST of all the places I visited. The presentation of the food was EXCELLENT (see pics). I highly recommend this restaurant for the food. The restaurant is small and the ambiance was acceptable (basic). There was construction next door hopefully they are expanding. I didn't really care for the location of the restaurant but it is worth overlooking. I had some Sangria and the Mofongo, which was excellent. Service and attentiveness great. Overall, the best restaurant in Aguadilla and worthy of all the good reviews. The only way to can improve is to expand the restaurant to a larger dining area and work on the ambiance (decoration - think Zazones for ambiance). If this restaurant was near Desecheo or Zazones it would CLEAN UP!

One more thing: They are only open Thursdays through Sundays. I was there in the beginning of the week and it was closed.

FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review, your opinion is very important to us. Nothing makes us happier than satisfying our customers and to know that we were able to meet your expectations and even surpass them oerwhelms us. Your positive words motivate all of our staff to continue to do what they love. Thank You.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

After doing some research for my vacation I came across this Restaurant. I read many reviews and I said I need to try it. So I did and immediately I sense what others have sense. The place is small a bit packed and I stayed just to give it a try. We started with the appetizer. I order the wings. The were perfectly fried and delicious. The I decided to order he Churrasco stuffed with Mofongo and shrimp. That was the highlight. The presentation was a plus, the portion was perfect and the way it was prepared was flawless. I live in Boston now. A place of this caliber will cost us here about 3 times what we paid. The culinary experience is highly rated. I have visited many states and many 5 star restaurants this will be on my list to come back. I was very impress... For desert. Fried Chocolate Cake. Seriously. Its served with ice cream on the side and it delicious. I will say that anything is made with the skills my food was made it will certainly be delicious and a great culinary experience for any one at any age.

Thank You for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your beautiful words. Each and very day we work hard at trying to better ourselves in any way we can. Thank you for letting us know we are headed in the right direction.