“Great food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine - CLOSED

Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine
Cuisines: Caribbean, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a fusion of Afropuertorican cuisine and Delicious Creative dishes from all over the world! Our menu contains recipes from Puerto Rican creole cuisine, all the African continent and Mediterranean countries. Our Sangrias are made with South African wine, rum and brandy and different fruit nectar. Our name FuFu, is an ancient recipe based on roots like casaba or yams originated from Ghana. FuFu Afropuertorican.International Cuisine specializes in Surf and Turfs and Sangria which change every week to maintain variety. Our combination of flavors has made us the number one choice when it comes to try different styles of food.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm originally from Aguadilla but live state side with my husband. He does not speak or understand Spanish that well (yet). The chef himself walked us through the menu in English. We ordered black bean croquettes as an appetizer which came with a honey mustard sauce. The appetizer was delicious as was the condiment. A mix of crisp and soft textures. I ordered the trifongo with chicken as my main dish. Traditional mofongo is my absolute favorite dish. This trifongo made of plantain, yuca (casava), and amarillos (sweet plantain) was pretty dynamite. It came with a savory broth flavored with cilantro. The chicken was lightly battered kinda tempura style and was tasty as well. My husband had churrasco steak with vegetables and spicy rice. His dish was rich in flavor and the steak was perfectly cooked and tender. To accompany my meal I had a sangria made with orange, mango, and apple juice which was just as good as the food was. We really enjoyed our experience at Fufu and would highly recommend it. My only complaint would be that they ran out if dessert before we got there.

1 Thank marisol82m
FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We genuinely care about each and every single one of our customers and to read the nice things on your review motivates us even more to continue working at what we love. Thank You.

“Simply Perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

The food here is AMAZING!! I had big expectations of the food here, since it was recommend to me in various occasions. I had trifongo with churrasco, it was perfect, simply perfect. The combination of flavors was amazing. You simply can not describe how perfect it was until you try it. Highly recommend this place!!

2 Thank Noshkah
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are very passionate about what we do here at FuFu and are always looking for new ways to improve for our customers. Knowing you we're satisfied our overall service motivates us to continue working in that direction. Thank You!
Isabela
“Exellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had the Chef's recommendation ( surf and turf) and a carrot and strawberry sangria. Our server was on point! her knowledge of the menu was extremely helpful. We had a lovely experience and we expect to be back very soon.

Granite Bay, California
“Fabulous FuFu cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Several months have passed since I ate at FuFu but I still think of the exquisite blend of flavors and the beautiful presentations. I was in PR with 2 co-workers for two days. After dining there in the evening, we arranged our schedule the following day so we could have lunch there and experience the fabulous cuisine again …When in Puerto Rico I will absolutely go to FuFu even if I have to drive across the island. A+++++

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“A Solid Culinary Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

After my first visit to Fufu's Rest, I have been more frequently to taste other choices from their variety and delicious Afropuertorrican menu. The chef's expertise and fusion of flavors makes out of every local cuisine a true culinary experience. I ate the Lobster in Curry sauce with Mamposteao rice and taste one their African's wines. My husband had a "Mar y Tierra" of a fillet Mignon w shrimps served with "papas FuFu'" and had one Tamarindo's sangria. We had the chocolate- strawberry fried cheesecake for dessert. The decor was so beautiful. A wonderful evening, excellent service..always attentive, good ambiance are all a delight, it was an evening of Great pleasure. Thanks to Chef Krystian Adriel and his Staff.