“Recommended”
Review of Frijoles y Chilangas - CLOSED

Frijoles y Chilangas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual and cozy ambiance serving the most authentic and fresh food. All Mexican goodies are available at affordable prices: Two persons eat for less than $20 everyday. Fried cheesecake and the mouthwatering Crepes made the perfect closing for your course! You wont find extreme things, but for sure is the place for quality time, good food, great prices and happy mood!
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Recommended”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm local and live just 30 minutes from the place. However, it is one of my favorite destinations. The place is clean, the prices are very fair and the food is quite good actually. This is Mexican food like you may expect to find it outside Mexico but which still tastes excellent. I'm not rating the restaurant because how the menu looks like because as long as I can read it, is fine with me. Think about good food, a courteous waiter/waitress and fair price. I'll keep eating here and I recommend it.

• Visited September 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Good service, average food.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

In a strip mall on 110, we went to dinner here on a night when most things were closed and they were slammed. They handled the stress really well and the service stayed friendly and as fast as they could make it- these folks know how to hustle. The food was mostly really average, with some odd items on the menu (tacosagne?) Not an inspiring experience, but the wait staff deserve a lot of credit for handling tired, hungry crowds with aplomb.

Visited December 2013
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“mediocre to poor meal, save your money”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

had lunch here, we were the only customers, service was slow as was the meal. Very disappointed and won't be back.

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Slow- but good food”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow, even though they weren't busy. As long as it's prepared fresh, we understand it's not fast food. We thought that the chips and salsa should be complimentary like everywhere else. We loved the green rice-very unique and also the best part of the meal.

• Visited September 2013
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“This is not TexMex and was not meant to be”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a lovely lunch at Frijoles y Chilangas. The Margarita was very good and the meals were delicious. I don't know why people complain about slow service. It is obviously a family restaurant and if the food comes slower than microwave speed maybe that's because someone in the kitchen is cooking it. The soft tacos and green rice were superb. The rice was a wonder. The burrito was also good. I did wonder why they serve the tri-colour tortilla chips. Is there any need for red and green chips? I say not. We liked the authentic flavours--which are not what those raised on Taco Bell will understand.

• Visited August 2013