“for that price ... it's daylight robbery”
Review of Hotel Cielo Mar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aguadilla
Hotel Cielo Mar
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Reviewed January 3, 2011

well ... where to start? all the bad reviews are true!

On the positive side, most of the staff is friendly and will go the extra mile but two of the receptionists could do with more training on how to greet/deal with customers and the waiter who served us the first (and only) time we ate at the restaurant could gain on honesty.
In term of location, I understand it is a great place for surfers as it is close to many spots but that's it. Although many other interresting places (suggested in their handbook) are from reachable distance if you have your own transportation and are planning to do some sightseeing.

On the other side, as we tour the hotel on our first day there, we realised (from the view from the restaurant) that it appeared to be still in construction ... however other bits tended to prove that it was either old or badly maintained. A case in point is "the whale" a small slide for kids in the pool area. The paint on it is totally faded and in some area the steel even shows.
Another review mentionned the plumbing system, and I thought come on, that was until I realised I could hear my neighboor shower, flush their loo ... and that the pressure of the water in the shower also changed if my neighbour was having a shower at the same time.
The fact that I could hear all this was a good indication of the soundproofing as well ... paper thin walls and doors and noisy a/c made my nights there virtually sleepless.

Oh nearly forgot ... what they say about the critters in and outside the pool is true too ... in the shower next to the pool we were greeted by a cosy spider (in full swing in its wide web) and a dead cocroach and inside the pool ... an unidentified amphibian.

I stayed in Puerto Rico for 10 days and I went to three different hotels, this one was the worst ... and for that price, I will not recommend it to any one I know!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Gwadinina

Reviewed December 29, 2010

It was a one night stop. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Rooms are a bit on the small side but with all the basics. The view was awesome! Too bad the weather didn't cooperate and we couldn't enjoy the entire facilities. Overall it was an ok experience

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Ok first ill start saying that all this ols reviews dont do the actual place any justice. I just left the hotel today and had to come in and writte a real up to date review, I dont know if they had all this problems in the past but all i saw was the opposite. Like most of you that read all this old reviews I got worried before arriving, I called in advance to voice my concern about all I read, they addresed my conserns and assured me me and my FAM would have a great time. They did have some bugs on the pool because of the location of the hotel, you cant control mother nature... an employee took care of them with quickness. The food might be a bit pricy but the Churrasco Steak was unbelievable.

1. SERVICE- The service provided was great, the front desk was very cortious, friendly and above all very profetional. The BAR/REST employees where just as friendly.
2.CLEANLINESS- The room was clean, ROOM SERVICE came by every single day and in cases we where not ready for them they would return, none of our personal stuff was messed with. The bathrooms where clean and attended to every single day. The common areas where very clean considering they are in wide open spaces in front of the beach.
3.LOCATION- You all have read it over and over again the view is expectacular, and close to everithing.
4.VALUE- You pay for what you get, good bang for your buck.
5.ROOMS- They have brand new furniture in the rooms, the A/C is realllllllllly cold.

SHORT COMINGS.....
1. The TV really need an update... or at least a bit bigger, and maybe a DVD , but they did have cable.
2. The game room needs a serious update...
3. Food might be a bit pricey but the hotel is close to all kinda eating places from MC Donalds, Burger King, Wendys, Churches chicken, KFC,Pizza Hut, Dominoes Pizza, a few chinese food places, Subways, Baskin Robbins, Food Court in the mall and all kinda local rest. and local cafes.
SO THIS IS A GREAT PLACE PEOPLE....TRUST ME

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank ezdef
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The blankets were stained with blood droppings and beds were never made until asked to. They asked us to keep quiet and that they would take care of the problem internally. The employees were covering for each other. The mattress were a disaster and we were unable to sleep in them. My child slept on bug infested sheets

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank janiraaquino
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed during the 4th of July holiday. The pool was packed, they let walk-ins to pay only for the pool use so you will have A LOT of people in the pool. The pool was nice and clean on Saturday but on Sunday it was full of dirt and insects, they don't clean it as often. My overall pool experience was very good. They have two pools 4'-5' and two pools for infants-toddlers. Since I travel with my 9 month baby the close time at 7pm didnt affect me much as I was exausted.

The room I chose (1 king bed) was VERY small, you can barely walk in it. It was difficult for my to open my baby's playard. If you choose the rooms with two beds, their bathrooms have no ceilings and everybody in the room can smell your business. The hall of those rooms also stinks.

There are many good restaurants in the area, just ask locals. Some of them are Nomadas, 110 Thai, Luna Marina, for desserts go to Creaciones La Cuesta (Next to Quiznos)

The internet is only available next to the front desk. They give you the TV remote at check-in so make sure to bring it when checking-out or you'll need to go back to the room for it. i think they are made from gold and they want to keep them at the front desk all the time. haha.

The hotel was ok for the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ynievs
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I went to my high school class reunion (30 Anniversary). From the very beginning it was a mess. Front desk very disorganized. I finally got the key to the room and the room was very small the bathroom was filthy and stunk like old urine. I took a shower the whole time with flip flops. The service was awful. There were no shampoo or conditioner, no blow dryer and only 3 towels (1for the floor) . I ordered conditioner and they brought me shampoo I ordered clean towels and they never brought them in the room...my husband offered to pick them up and they said he couldn't pick them up that I had to wait... well I waited and waited until I got dry with the air conditioner (towels never arrived..until next morning). The rooms have an iron board but no iron. I had a small balcony that was very nice it had a little table and 2 chairs to seat. I also had a pool and ocean view so that wasn't so bad. This was the place that I stayed most of the time.The pictures online are very deceiving. The pool is not as big or clean as it looks. The service was really bad. Other rooms (my friends) had air conditioner broken, leaking, not going on, dirty bathrooms. The only thing that made the stay nice was the reunion (30 Anniversary High School Reunion) besides that.... forget it. This was the first and the last time I will ever stay in this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank odemarisk
Reviewed June 2, 2010

First no hotel service or whatsoever. My friend went to get a blanket and they gave her two towels to cover herself. The rooms are way too small and dirty. The pics on the website are not real ....the pool looks huge but is not that way. We were there for a whole weekend no one came into the room to clean it or change or towels. The hotel is over expenive in drinks and food. Travelers be aware.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank marysolc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Casa Verde Hotel
Casa Verde Hotel
#3 of 7 in Rincon

Been to Hotel Cielo Mar? Share your experiences!