“Excelente”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed December 30, 2013

New hotel, very comfortable rooms (we had a little problem in the air conditioning but the hassle was small on the whole stay), beds and bedding of very good quality, much attentive staff, very competent housekeeping, delicious food, both at breakfast and at lunch and dinner (much better than other resorts in countries that don´t have the restrictions that Cuba faces) and a wonderful beach in front. Recreation somewhat noisy for my taste but it did not actually bother. Above expectations. We strongly recommend.

5  Thank Mario803
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Mario 803:

I thank you for coming to our hotel for your vacation, it is a long journey from your country but it was worth for what I see in your comment. Looking forward to another opportunity to visit us in the future.

Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,683)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was mesmorized by the family approach of this resort.Mrs Yoenia Angulo seemed like family to me.I love this angel of mine. Thank you so much for helping me with my room.Yeraldin my cubana dancing partner.You swept me off my feet by the pool and the beach .Thank you.Mrs Liuba my oh my what a woman.Her sweetness took over every conversation .Thank you for the history of cuba .It was an enriching conversation.Mr Nelson what can I say.BRAVO for everything you do at pestana resort.It takes great organisation and talent.You have both Bravo.Mr Yosmel tai chi and beach cardio trainer wow wow wow.His sceduale is highly recommended to any traveler who wants a zen experience .Great zenness for the soul.Mrs Yamila my favorute cuban lady.Your restaurant was out of this world.Thank you for making it my home.My cuban paradise .Great food for the soul. God bless you. The animation team was out of this world.Pinky was one of my favorite spokesperson for the evening shows.Pinky made me have a funtastic vacation.I am an energetic person but surronded by great animation I really enjoyed my Pestana stay.It has been my first time at Pestana cayo Coco .We will see you again in 2014.Thank you to all the staff for making this journey a most enjoyable one. I had one of the best view on the resort .My paradise room. Carla from Canada Muaa love you all

Room Tip: every room is a great room at pestana cayo coco
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Carlacanadiansister
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thanks Carlacana:
By reading your comments I can only notice nostalgia for the good experiences with the staff of animation and the staff in general, thanks for highlight the Tai chi classes, aquarobics, and the energy of Pinky and more from Yeraldine, the good Conversations with Liuba, Nelson the boss, Bravo, Yosmel, Yamila. I'll give them recognition for their work.
We al will want to see you between us very soon.

director

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Pestana December 14-21. What a great choice we made. Everything was fantastic. The resort staff are so kind and customer service was outstanding. Yoenia took really great care of us as I emailed her ahead of vacation and our requests for adjoining rooms and reservations for a la carte were made prior to arriving. She was so grateful that I brought things for her children as a thank you and really went out of her way to assist us and send surprises to a room ( roses / champagne ). The staff is really friendly and great sense of humour. The best part was making new friends with 2 families that made our holiday awesome.

• Stayed: December 2013
8  Thank Magnatta

Thanks Magnatta:
So good for what you write that you had enjoyed our warmth and joy and thanks to the Cuban workers like Yoenia that had helped make your an excellent.holiday from the beginning.
We will be waiting for you with open arms.

Director.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed at the Pestana December 15th - December 20. We arrived the Sunday night, took a short bus ride to the hotel from the airport. Check-in was quick and easy, went straight to our room and had our bags delivered to us shortly after. Once settled in, we went to the lobby which is beautiful and had a few drinks which were all delicious. Make sure you try the Pestana! Rum and lemonades by the pool is a staple.

The next morning we met with our Hola Sun Rep Rene who was AWESOME!! Such a good guy and gave us all the info we needed and booked all our excursions for us right on the spot.

One hiccup we had was we arrived Sunday night, so we went to book our A la cartes Monday morning and the guy who was taking reservations told us he had no spots available until Friday or Saturday! We were like we leave Friday how are there no reservations available? After talking with Rene who talked to Luis we were able to book our reservations at the 3 ala carte restaurants. Thank you Luis for working this out for us. A la carte food was good but one thing that shocked me was it was NEVER full!! How can we be told that there were no spots available and all 3 times we went, the restaurants were 1/4 full!!! Anyways no biggie really just didn't make much sense.

Buffet was good, snack bar was good also (poutine and pizza) Elizabeth (tequila) in the lobby was great I don't think she ever sleeps as she was always there morning and night!! All the servers and bartenders were very attentative and worked hard to make sure everyone had a drink.

Beach was beautiful, pool was great never had an issue getting a chair or spot anywhere.
Rooms were big and clean, AC worked all the time, hot water was good, always good water pressure so no complaints there. The gym was actually pretty nice, just checked it out didn't use it (I am on vacation!) good equipement there. Basketball/soccer court was nice, shot a few hoops (need a better basketball) Nightly entertainment was average as well.

Last and final hiccup was after the second day we noticed the maid only left us 1 shower towel instead of 2. We should have complained but we didn't I don't really need a big towel as I have no hair! So I just used the medium sized towels that they hang near the sink to shower no big deal for me. I just let my GF use the big towel. Well at the last day a lady knocked on our door and asked what happened to the other towel. My GF kindly explained to them what happened. Like really how could we lose a towel, we only brought the beach towels out of the room and for some reason the maid never gave us 2!. As we were about to check out, the lady at the counter was rude to us and accused us of losing the towel. We kindly explained to her that we were never given a second towel after the 2nd day and she still insisted that we have to pay for the missing towel. Well after speaking with another lady she informed us we would not have to pay for it.

These 2 hiccups were not a big deal but if we could not book any reservations or if I had to pay for a towel that I did not lose then I probably would have been upset. Having said all that, I would STILL recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are looking to have a nice relaxing weekend in Cuba, with nice clean rooms, a beautiful beach, cold drinks and good food then visit the Pestana

Room Tip: Bungalow 1 and 2 is good as it is the closest to the lobby, Bungalows 4 and 5 are closer to the beac...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Justin C
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Justin C:

I can see by your comments that you liked the hotel services, facilities, staff service, the beach, pool and you recommend it. I'm Luis and I are always attentive to solve the problems.
We want you to return and we will promise you that you will totally enjoy your next holidays

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just got back after a week at Pestana. It was our 12th trip to Cuba over the last 10 years, we have never stayed at a 5 star resort while there, so our observations are based on 3, 3.5, and 4 star resort experiences. We are a well-traveled family with 2 young adult/teenage sons, and we do not seek luxury but rather a "feel good", clean and comfortable, as well as culturally interesting environment.
First of all, the good and the great:
a quick ride from the airport (we opted for a cab), 15 min, no wait at the reception, 2 rooms allocated as requested per previous e-mail, thank you.
The resort is only 5 months new so everything is clean, looked fresh and worked great.
We loved the beach, the snorkelling, and long walks, went all the way to Playa Prohibida and back (about an hour each way, easily done).
Daily maid service was also very good (Thank you, Yanet).
Outstanding team service at the buffet, best we have ever experienced in Cuba, 3-4 people serving your table with water, drinks, etc., at any given time, very polite and attentive.
Very clean resort overall, around the pool as well as on the beach, an abundance of sun loungers at any given time, but please keep in mind that the resort was only half full while we were there.
Room for improvement:
Please resolve everyday maintenance issues in a timely manner because the resort will look no different from a 10 year old resort in a year or two if things are not monitored, e.g. women's washrooms in the lobby and by the buffet have missing toilet seats, some washroom stall locks are already broken, most of the wall purse hooks have fallen off and gaping holes are left in the walls where they once were located. It could all be easily fixed in one afternoon.
Please put some info in each room with restaurant/bar as well as other services opening hours as well as room to room phone dialling instructions.
Snack bar needs a complete overhaul, it was not clean and staff ignored us on both occasions that we tried, we left after 15 minutes of being ignored...
Young lobby servers were both friendly and tried to do their best while the same can not be said about bartenders - morose and snotty. Please have a cocktail and drink menu readily available (as it is a standard at other resorts), it keeps things straightforward and simple for everyone. Why is sparkling wine available for some "select few" guests every day and not others, why some top shelf drinks appear and disappear after only a few hours on their own whim? You can make your own conclusions who those "rules" benefit and why.
Evening show times are too late (9.45 pm). Please make the kids' show at 8.30 and the main show no later than 9p.m., you will get many more people attending.
Daytime entertainment is non existent. Apart from the occasional volleyball game and ocean aerobics on the beach there was nothing else. Imagine long rainy days and absolutely nothing happening. How about some Spanish lessons, trivia, card games, bingo, half an hour of silly karaoke in the corner of the lobby, pool water polo, basketball? It is all easily arranged and does not require huge investments, just a bit of enthusiasm.
All in all, newer does not always mean better, we love Cuba but this place needs to grow and to mature, as well as to acquire its own identity.

12  Thank ambercoast

Dear Ambercoas:

Displaying your comments I see that you liked the hotel and room services and restaurants, pool and beach, I want to thank you for calling attention to problems in the snack and bars, during your stay. I will see thids with our manager of A & B directly.
We will continue to improve and during this high season we will be more stable in all services. Because we are getting more experience.

Director.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from December 14-21 with my husband and 5 year old daughter. The hotel is brand new and everything was very clean and tidy. The food was really good as well! All of the staff that we dealt with were amazing!!! My daughter ended up being pretty sick (sick prior to landing in cuba) so we stayed in the room for the majority of the trip but the staff at the emergency clinic were AWESOME they were so helpful and kind, they even did care calls the following days to see if my daughter was getting better and always said to come back no matter what time. We did have to see them at 2:30am a few nights and they always had smiles on thier faces!! They really deserve to be congratulated on their hard work! I will definitly be visiting the Pestana again and will recommened it to everyone I know!

13  Thank Nicole W
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Nicole W:
I appreciate the comments and to know that our employees are always ready to give their best, I will give your thanks to the nurse an the doctor at the emergency clinic, and they were part of the good service you received.
Thanks for wanting to come back and to our hotel, we are waiting here with open arms.

director

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed at the Pestana, December 4-11. Overall my stay was fantastic, very relaxing. I traveled with a friend, we are 24, and 27.

We were very impressed with the check in, we arrived at the hotel around 11am, and were checked in immediately. Our bags were brought right to our room. When we got in, we noticed there was only one bed, and we had requested two. We went back to the front desk to get it changed, and we waited literally 5 mins, and were given a room directly across the hall. That was a really good first impression!

The pool is pretty big, we never had a problem getting a chair, as the hotel is still not that busy. The chairs are very comfortable. There is a bridge over the pool, it is very nice, but if you are in the pool on the opposite side of the bar you have to get out and walk around to the swim-up-bar. Not a big deal, just a strange design compared to other resorts. The pool is actually pretty deep, so it is very refreshing.

The beach is awesome, the water is crystal clear and the sand is very soft. There are a lot of rocks to the left towards the memories resort, but it is awesome if you like to look for shells or see fish and other things. There is a nice stretch of beach right by the lifeguards where you can walk out comfortably. If you are into snorkeling this is the beach for you! There is also a massage hut on the beach, it's 25 CUC for an hour, so nice, I would highly recommend it!

The buffet is good, we ate there all week. I found the food to be the best I have had in Cuba. They didn't have the full buffet open, so I am sure there will be even more selection once it gets busier. The doughnuts at breakfast are awesome! And try the pasta bar at supper! We did not try any of the a la cartes, we weren't really told how to make a reservation, so we missed out on that. I thought the coffee/tea stations where you serve yourself were awesome. They always have hot water at the buffet so it is nice to bring tea, or instant coffee from home to have.

The room was very nice, clean and modern. Lots of English channels on TV, and all of my appliances and chargers worked, I didn't need to use my converter. Our housekeeper was awesome, she left us with neat towel displays all week, it was the best service I've ever had. Her name was Yamisley, we stayed in bungalow 1 on the second floor. I'd recommend that building as its pretty central to everything. We also got 3 phone calls during the week from customer service, just checking in on how our stay was going. That was pretty awesome! The beds were very firm, good for me but maybe not for everyone. There was only one pillow (very flat) and a throw pillow on the bed, so I would suggest bringing your own pillow!

The Lobby bar had the best drinks, get a mango daiquiri, so good! We had great service all week, we never waited or went without anything. The staff really go above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I did see some guests just be downright rude to the staff, which was completely embarrassing to see. I honestly don't know how anyone could complain about the service.

There is no WIFI yet, despite the description you see! So don't go expecting that! You can use their computers, they work but they are really slow, especially if there is more than one person using them. It's 6 CUC for an hour, 3 for 30 min. If you are bringing Ipads etc, the safe is big enough for them! We fit a playbook, full size Ipad, 2 cameras, and Ereader, and our passports and money. So your valuables will be safe!

All in all we had a great stay. If you are looking for a nice relaxing vacation this resort is for you. It's not a party resort which was nice. I would stay here again for sure!

Great job to the staff at Pestana Cayo Coco!

Room Tip: Bungalow 1 is very central to everything. The building is raised, so even the ground floor is off th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
24  Thank ashtonvvs

Dear ashtonw:
I want to thank you for the time you had taken to describe the good experience you had at our hotel, the service, facilities and especially our staff like Yamisley your maid, whom I congratulate personally.
I see that you took everything positively and it is how to enjoy Cuba, where staff and you should not have any tensions.
We await you in our hotel or in Cuba and always with a smile.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Coco
#2 of 12 in Cayo Coco
IBEROSTAR Mojito
IBEROSTAR Mojito
#8 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive? Share your experiences!