“Pestana Cayo Coco”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Kitchener, Canada
“Pestana Cayo Coco”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great resort,no complaints!Only suggestion is to put clocks in the rooms instead of weighing scales and invest in better pillows that support peoples heads and necks.
Would recommend this hotel,very friendly staff,clean resort,nice beach,different shows each evening.The food could be improved abit by offering more variety at buffet,it got blah after the 4th day of same food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank loriw63
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Ioriw63:

We appreciate your comments and according to your suggestion we have sought to put more options on the buffet which began this Wednesday at night, we will open on Friday snack near the beach and costomers can find more options at noon.
Thank you for choosing us and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your vacation.

Luis Alfonso Oñate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went to the Pestana oct 20 - nov 3rd.
Best above all, service & kindness. Decoration is slick, Hotel is brand New !
Beach after the little reef is georgeous and clean. At the palapas JUNIO takes good care of your chairs. GIOVANI best barman ! Food and accomodation very good and super clean
JOENIA, JENNY at public relations are so Sweet, Joenia will do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We saw the NEW suites: fabulous and the view is out of this world (see picture). If you can, book it !
FERNANDO (call him NANDO Nadal) the MC is very funny and generous ! He's a real PAYASO !

Finally, LUIS ONATE General Manager is always taking care of his clients and he's certainly the
Best Tennis Player Manager I know... (Presìon Luis !)

Thanks for everything
PedroTennis &Daniella

PS_ We are a couple, but I noticed kids are well taken care of.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank PedroTennis
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Pedrotenn:

I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday and the service you received from our employees, especially Yoania, Yenny, June, Fernando and of course of your contender in Tennis, Luis.
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve, and to share your holiday with us.
We are waiting for you with our friendliness and a reserved tennis court. (Presion Pedro and Danielle)
Your are an incredible couple.

Brantford, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visited Pestana Cayo Caco from October 18-25, 2013. The resort had recently opened in the fall. I do not believe that there were more than 150 vacationers during our visit. Not all of the resort was open during our stay, but all of the facilities were open. First of all, I would like to congratulate Luis Onate, the Director General and staff for their excellent service and hospitality. Luis took a personal interest in running the resort and was seen daily interacting with staff and vacationers from early morning until late at night. He truly is a dedicated administrator who listened to concerns and took appropriate action when necessary. Special thanks to Jenny and Yoenia (Public Relations), Carlos (Lobby bar), Joe (Pool Restaurant),Jordan (Buffet Restaurant), and the team of Nelson and Liyuba. This was my fourth visit to Cuba and I was very pleased with the accommodations, food , beverages , beach and service. There were many shade areas on the beach and at the pool area. The beach and pool were outstanding with plenty of chairs and beverage tables. Great coral reef snorkeling. The lobby bar was massive with numerous tables, couches and chairs. Overall, I would give the resort an excellent rating would definitely return. Well worth the money spent.

Room Tip: Close to the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
16 Thank Edward H
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Edward H:

I appreciate knowing that you like the hotel, our work, and enjoy your holiday. I will personally give your appreciation to the people you mention in your comment
I am grateful for your mention to my work that I performed with dedication
I hope to get you back to our hotel very soon

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2013

i spent 7 days in this hotel from OCt 18th to Oct 25th and I had one of my best time. The staffs made me comfortable from day one during Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with their greetings and hospitality.
Everywhere you will be going in this Hotel, the staffs were there to assist you. (security,bartenders,lobby,cleaners,...) For any customer care issues, Jenny and Yeonie were there to make sure that you are having a great time. Please introduce yourself to them upon your arrival, they are wonderful ladies. The food was great(a Chef from Portugal, great guy), not much variety because the hotel was not functioning at full capacity i guess by now the guests will have a large variety in the menus. The beach bar and music will make your time in the ocean pleasant. :)
I have heard some people complained about the noise. This resort has a Show every night to entertain guests for an hour and half...at the end of the show people stay around the lobby to have their last drink before heading to their rooms therefore they keep the music not too loud but at a certain level. and finally turn it off when more people head to their rooms. I don't think the music will ruined your stay at this resort as they have more rooms far from the stage that can be offer to their guests.
Thank you to all of you that made my stay for that week:
Luis Alfonso (General Manager), Jenny and Yeonie(customer care), Sandra my daily room lady, Nelson, Luyiba, Pinky, Fernando, Geraldine, the DJ (entertainment team), Carlos, Julio, Jordan and All the bartenders and Staffs!!!
I will be back and will always recommend your hotel.

Billy from Toronto!!!!

Room Tip: My room was 1304....nice view(swimming pool).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
27 Thank BILLY T
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hi Billy:
I appreciate the comment on behalf of all the people you've named, we remind you very much for your kindly treatment and friendliness. We are happy that you enjoyed our service and the warmth of our people.
Hope to see you again in this your hotel, please give our regards to your wife.

Luis
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

my wife and I stayed at this resort last month, the facilities are pretty, food is ok, service could be better but it´s REALLY LOUD everywhere, specially by the pool area. I understand music is very important in common areas but when people seem not to enjoy it, We expect the Hotel to do something. I approached on a couple of staff members who were very friendly but They did not attend my complain even when They had more than two guests unhappy with it. I felt ignored. A lower volume could fix that. Everyday the same.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank RJGM84
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear RJGM84:

Thanks for taking the time to write and I'm sorry that our staff did not consider your request, I promise you this will have control and count on my actions.
In case you want to come or want to know how I can help feel free to email my email is director.general @ pestanacayococo.co.cu..

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I spent three days at the hotel and it is really good. The quality of the rooms, the location, the staff, the variety of food and drinks. My family really enjoyed. I have just a comment. During my stay from the 27th to the 30 September, there was music, really loud music, from 10 am in the morning until 2 am next day. The music in the swimming pool goes around the whole hotel and it is impossible to find a single spot with some silence to read or to have a chat. In the evenings it is even worse, the music played in the show area is so loud that even inside the rooms can be heard. I insist there was not a minute or a single place without music during the days I stayed there, only between 2 am and 10 am in the morning. People looking for some tranquility or even a quiet conversation could not have it, because in the beach area there was also loud music all day long. But this is a new hotel and I am sure this can be easily solved. The rest was really good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
34 Thank Iriscepero
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Iriscepero:

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your holidays with us. I will pay attention to the volume of the music in our areas and thanks for call my attention in this matter.
Hope to see you soon with us.

Sincerely

St. Jean, St. Barthelemy
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Cuba for the last 13 years and this was by far the best hotel ever!! The hotel and rooms beautifully decorated. The food was excellent with lots of variety at the buffet and the restaurant a la carte were amazing!!
The beach was beautiful and had no issues of rocks on the beach the sand was light and fine. The long Chairs at the beach and pool are so comfortable they had material and didn't have the hard plastic like the other hotels. Beds were very comfortable and the have great fluffy pillows. The showers had lots of hot water and pressure. The air conditioner worked well of course the hotel is new so everything is the latest trend tv in the room are plasma.
We actually got engaged at this hotel, Staff and public relations were very accomodating as I had a special request to write will you marry me on my husband to be dessert plate.
I was very impressed with this Hotel and it was only in its first stage, & it will only get better!! We are actually planning on getting married at this hotel next year.
I only had good things to say about this hotel, I actually think It should be a 5 star hotel. looking forward to going back!!
For Scuba divers there is a shuttle that will bring you to Tryp Cayo Coco hotel Dive shop free of charge.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
43 Thank MMCKOY
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Mmckoy:

I am happy to hear that you have a wonderful time with us.
For all of us it was a pleasure having you in our hotel and to be part of this wonderful time of the marriage commitment you made in our hotel.
We are happy that you are coming back to our hotel, all of us are waiting for you and help you with your great day in our hotel.

Director.
#9 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Pullman Cayo Coco
Pullman Cayo Coco
#2 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!