“I want to go back!”
Review of Hotel Playa Coco

Hotel Playa Coco
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My friends and I just got back from spending spring break there this past week from Feb. 21-28th. Do I miss it? YES. My advice if you're looking for a great vacationing spot is don't read into any of those negative reviews, because they aren't true. We had an AMAZING time there!! We stayed in the pink building and had two beautiful views both from the balcony and the front door. The rooms have air conditioning and are well kept daily by the maids. I don't know why some other reviews talk about bed bugs since there weren't any, but if you want to be extra safe just get a room on the third floor, and it doesn't hurt to bring a little bug repellent for those warm nights outdoors.The resort itself is beautiful, the gardens are maintained and the pool area is really nice. It even has a swim up bar. We spent a good portion of our days at the pool - get there early though if you want a good spot! The staff members and entertainers were super and by the end of the week we were good friends with a lot of them and found it difficult to say goodbye. The entertainers kept everyone busy with promoting activities such as beach Olympics and parties, shows going on that night, games, dance lessons, Spanish lessons and many other activities. You could never be bored here. The food was delicious; it's served buffet style (though there are restaurants available) and there was always a lot of selection. Sometimes they have special dinners and a couple of nights there were even bands that came around and sung for you. I wish I bought their CDs.The night shows were fun and entertaining, the dance numbers were really good. The night life was fun, there was a disco hall that on a number of nights had quite a few people in it. There's a good sized dance floor, a pool table, bar, and tables and chairs. The music is good and you can request through out the night. If you are in your early 20s like my friends and I and are looking for the big party scene though I would say it depends on the night, but usually there will be other people your age and if not the workers will make sure you have an awesome time anyway. Make sure you arrive on the Monday or Tuesday to experience the giant beach party, that was my favourite night! The beach area itself was very nice, there was another bar and a beach volleyball area. Tons of chairs available, just again, get there early if you want a good spot with shade. The water was magical, looks better than you imagined it. Overall I wouldn't change anything about my experience here; it was more than I asked for and I'm definitely set on going again in the near future.

8  Thank vacaspots21
There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Coco

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed at Playa coco hotel from Feb. 18-26. We had a few issues with our room; our water pressure was really low and we had a flood into our room from the other room, but other than that, the staff, maintenance, and the maids were awesome! Everyone was really kind and I had a blast! The best part of the trip was definitely the entertainment staff, especially Michael and Jack! The trip would not have been the same without them! They kept us busy and entertained throughout the entire trip! I would definitely go back! Plus, the weather was amazing the entire time....not a drop of rain!!!!!

Room Tip: If you get a chance, I would definitely upgrade your room to a suite!
3  Thank Carly D
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I went to this resort on Feb 16th-24th with my fiancee and 3 of our friends. We had an amazing Spring Break here! I don't really have anything bad to say about this resort. Our room was big and very clean. We always got new towels and toilet paper daily.

Everyone told us to be careful of the food in Cuba so we went in with low expectations, but found the food pretty good overall! There was always a variety of food to eat and we definitely didn't starve! The pasta bar was my favorite. Out of the 5 a la cartes our favorite was the Japanese, but we didn't like the Seafood one. There was a 24 hour bar where you could also get food, but just a few things - including ice cream which we loved!

The entertainers were great, they were always getting everyone involved and having fun. We participated in most things and had a great time :) There was always something fun going on.

The beach was beautiful and the atmosphere of the resort was awesome, I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from the beach would be the best if you don't want to hear all the sounds from th...
2  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Playa Coco from Feb 16th-23, and all I can say is that, we all had a fabulous time. Upon our arrival, while we checked in, they brought us a drink that, we pretty much got hooked on all week, known as rum punch, which was really really good. Our rooms were very spacious,and clean. Upon our arrival in our room, we found a little geko, which was pretty cool. We also had a mini fridge, with juice boxes in it, as well as a bottle of rum, banana liquer and bottled water. The safe in our room, did not work at first, but within 5 min after we let the front desk know, that safe tech was there and had it fixed in no time.

The beach, was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen, with the crystal clear water, as far as the eye could see, it was truly paradise. The beach was also raked daily, from the little amounts of seaweed that washes upon shore at night. We really enjoyed walking all the way down the beach, looking for seashells, and other unique trinkets. There was also lots to do on the besides swim. There were kayak and peal boat rentals, which allowed you to venture further out off the shoreline and see what other mysteries the clear blue ocean have in store, off the coast.

Entertainment on the beach or around the pool was great ;they really put their heart and soul into the job. Moko loco, Jack, and Maikel truly made the trip for us. Their high amounts energy was unreal.They always managed to make sure everyone felt involved and they were always talking to different people, ensuring we were all having a great time. It wouldn't have been the experience that we were looking for, it it was not for them, so hats off to those guys.

The food was what you would expect from Cuba. Wasn't the best, but you didn't starve. The buffet for breakfast, lunch and supper, was fairly repetitive, but with the options of the a la carte, reservations, 5-7 nights were taken up for supper anyways. The Japenese was by far the best meal of the trip. They make sure to put on a show for you, which makes it all the better. The snack bar was great as well, even though you only had 5 things to choose from, it was still rather good.

The bar service was great as well, especially Gustavo the bartender at the pool, he was a great guy to talk to , and always had a smile on his face. He even put on a show while making your drinks.

So all in all, our trip was great, minus the loud and obnoxious students from the University of Guelph, who were ignorant and rude. " Myself and my friends are students as well, and could not believe the manners in which those students acted"

So would I ever go back to this resort, yes, in a heart-beat.

1  Thank Lars_ca21
Reviewed February 28, 2012

You could definitely find great entertainers there. I promise you that! I would go back because of Moko, Maikel and "Grupo Compay Segundo" The great dance group, which can compete with the greatest international groups! Their job and performances are a MUST SEE!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mona S
Reviewed February 28, 2012

just visited Sirenis Cayo Coco from February 16th to 23rd. Being a "university student" that did not take part in the excessive drinking and obnoxious language and behaviour, I can say I enjoyed myself immensely. I went with a small group of friends of similar age, we enjoyed the effort put forth by the resort to make us feel relaxed. I thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment by Mako Loco and others. His consistent energy blew my mind. As a Canadian coming to Cuba, the purpose was to relax and have fun. That was easily accomplished with the assistance of the staff. I found it amazing that getting to know the staff showed how fortunate we are to take a vacation to relax, these entertainers did anything but relax! Their willingness to share their lives helped make the experience more real and appreciate the culture of Cuba.

1  Thank KaylaNM_12
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had an amazing first trip to Cuba at this resort (Feb 16-23). Cayo Coco was interesting-it was quieter than I expected because the islands are protected and no one can reside on them off the resorts. There were many excursions available into the city and surrounding areas to compensate for this, if you wanted them.

The rooms were kept clean, ours was recently painted. Washrooms around the resort were never very good (out of toilet paper, overflowing, etc). However, we never had any issues with the one in our room.

The beach itself was beautiful. It was raked daily, and there was always plenty of paddle boats and kayaks to use.

Entertainment on the beach or around the pool was fantastic;they really put their heart and soul into the job. Moko loco, Jack, and Maikel truly made the trip for us. Their energy was contagious and always made us feel welcome. I liked how these three entertainers involved everyone, and they were always talking to different people, ensuring we were all having a great time. It wouldn't have been the experience I was hoping to have without them.

Food was pretty good; there was a buffet for each meal of the day, along with the options for a la carte dining and snack bars. Flavors were fairly bland, but overall pleasing. The Japanese restaurent was absolutely delicious! Bottled water was in our room upon arrival and we could refill with filtered water at the bar.

The front desk staff were not very helpful with much of anything.. They rarely understood what we were asking for. This being said, any of the other staff, such as the entertainers, were really helpful in answering our questions.

Overall, it was a great location for a trip. I always felt safe and I would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Belinda J
#1 of 12 in Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
#7 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Hotel Playa Coco? Share your experiences!