Hotel Colonial Cayo Coco
Melia Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
$257
  • Pool
$160
$150
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)(Great Value!)
$174
IBEROSTAR Mojito(Cayo Coco)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,500 results
All reviewsthe salt water poolpiano baryarey grillpastaocean viewchurrosfishswim up barother resortsitalian restauranta la carte restaurantsfriesbeefhour barpublic relationsan older resortbeautiful beach
Reviewed May 2, 2014

this hotel is just amazing the location, the staff , the beach etc . It is quiet peaceful and good for those that just want to relax and have a good time with family or friends.
The best is the treatment and professionalism of the staff of the hotel always smiling always wanting to help.
The food is ok lots of choices for everyone, drinks are plenty.
The night show is one of the best these kids can really dance and entertain you every night.
At night you can sleep and relax no loud music or drunk people to bother you.
is a very safe for all members of the family.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are ok but not very necessary, you are in and island so beach is all over the place, second floor have better view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jose67
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Let me start with the fact this is only my opinion and experience.( I was here april 4-18. ) Many people love this resort and take a jaded view of those who don't. I did enjoy many things about this resort but I also felt uncomfortable with it as well.
Firstly I would like to thank Jackie for receiving my email as to room request and fulfilling it to a tee!!!
This resort as many have previously stated is very unique in structure. The Spanish village feel and the spread of the resort are very impressive. There is however many things that need repairs that are not just superficial but may result in accidents (railings going to 2nd or 3rd floors that have rotted away and are extremely loose, stairs with loose boards etc.). Some repairs are taking place but many need immediate attention.
The food here is very good for breakfast and lunch but leaves much to be desired for dinner in the buffet. Often after not finding anything suitable I would opt for spaghetti only to find a line taking over 20 minutes. That would be ok if your partner was lining up with you but to get your dinner and then find they are almost done really is frustrating. Again only my experience, to be fair my husband liked the food. We did not go to the a la cartes.
I found most of the staff friendly and helpful but there were some surly ones as well especially in the buffet serving or cooking. Hard often to get drinks until one learnt where to sit with certain servers that were outstanding.
The beach is great with lots of shade and chairs. Security is an issue however as at one end of the beach and near the end of the salt water pool we had many visitors without wrist bands. This caused me no problems but I do believe the woman who stated she had things stolen on the beach and also towels that went missing. I never left anything unattended that I could not afford to lose. My husband and I were walking outside the resort once when a car that left the resort stopped at the highway crossroad and picked up 5 people exiting the wooded area. This again never affected personally me but made me wary.
Lastly not a fault of the resort but to those who are non-smokers the colonial has many many visitors that love to smoke constantly everywhere. Hard to get away from the 2nd-hand smoke. Many areas that would have been enjoyable to sit in were smokers havens. If you are a smoker you will love it here
Overall I have mainly focused on the negatives (sorry) but when you read the other reviews you do get the positive picture that is true of this resort. If you are deciding to visit weigh the pros and cons and decide on your personal level of tolerance. I did have a good time here but probably would not return in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dreamingCanada
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at the Colonial the first 2 weeks of April and found it enjoyable and relaxing and hope to return. You have to remember that you are in Cuba and it will not be the same as in Canada.
We were in Bldg 29 our room was fresh & clean. The Beach was amazing and the water sparking blue, We liked the food, prepared fresh everyday, from fresh baked bread to desert, fish & meat grilled to your perfection, pasta & pizza prepared the way you like it. There was always a selection to choose from.
Lots of thanks to the Dining room staff for all of their hard work, it isn't easy to serve 300-400 people in 2 hours and they did it with a smile.
The Human Resources team tried to accommodate people to the best that they could, it was nice to meet Michel & his family that were visiting for the day.
Repeat visitors are acknowledged with a nice Lobster lunch, much appreciated.
Thanks to Yoel, Miguel & Alay and there team members, for your service to make our stay enjoyable.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Irene K
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hola!:)
My son and I just came back from Hotel Colonial, Cayo Coco April 3-17/14 had a fantastic time!
room 1636 the best in our opinion!
Cubans are very friendly and family orientated! we were greeted every morning with hugs and high 5's :)
Hotel rooms, grounds and pools kept very clean Bano's 5/10 only b/c there are 300 people at anyone time too hard to keep up! There are No paper towels GET OVER IT! you can air dry your hands!:) be practical and bring wipes, hand sani in your beach/pool bag no biggy!:)
Entertainment crew excellent love George and the "TWINS" all of the shows and dancers so talented .
Nautical gang great ! reserved our beach hut every morning for us , took us on fantastic catamaran rides and kayaking:) Snorkeling Amazing!! love Capataino on the glass bottom boat- if you can ask him to take you in to the coral caves a must see! beautiful:)
Front desk staff awesome :) Piano Bar brilliant! talented Sax & Trumpet players
Food - well you don't go for that do you? but, we had fresh delicious fish everyday , tuna,white fish (pescada), prawns,crab so good. Huge bricks, wheels of cheeses, parmigiana, Swiss, blue, feta etc. fresh bread fruit , veggies rice, pasta excellent pizza ! If you love meat you won't like theirs ;( sorry but they don't marinade .
The court bar makes the best western sandwich's ever!!!
Met so many amazing people from Cape Britain, Manitoba, Montreal and Barrie :)
Drinks all yum - banana mama's ( virgins for the kiddies), Havana special and Spanish coffee all yum!
Will go back again!!

Room Tip: room 1636 best view of pool and ocean
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kellyjod
Reviewed April 26, 2014

well we returned home from Colonail on the 12th we were there for a week,our 1st time to Cayo Coco but have been to Cuba about 15 times..

The way this resort is set up is like a little village ,across from the main lobby are little stores to buy nic nacs shirts,cigars,rum booze all that kind of stuff,lobby bar makes a great coffee and the bartenders are some of the best,funny group of guys never had a issue of getting drinks anytime of the day or night.THE RESORT..i have read its run down and blah blah blah...yes there are parts that need some paint they were doing that when we were there,supply and demand like at home it all takes time to do,the salt water pool is in need of repair /paint part of if but the water was clean and we had no issues using it clear water pool looks as thought it had been redone not long ago,ROOMS..we were in the 33 block ocean view rooms were nice no bestwestern but don't want that in Cuba ,very clean,water pressure was good they quickly brought a 3rd bed to our room for our son had it set up in minutes..we found with the AC turn it to about 15-18 and it works better that where they put it at 10..Our room a a bit of a smell we shut the air off for about a hour opened the door and let the fresh air in,turned the air back on and never had a problem again..FOOD,breakfast was always good never a issue with this meal..Lunch at buffet the fella cooking the burgers and chops..(POLL) very entertaining could tell he enjoyed his job big smiles always,our waitress BABY was quick to make sure we had what we needed for a enjoyable meal,SUPPER we had a standing reservered table for 7 pm every night by the pasta station ,pasta was good not bad selection of food ya repeats but its food, BEACH was nice fine sands water was clear warm to the left of the beach boat deal there is a place to snorkel we did run across some small jellie fish but they didn't sting us..ALL IN ALL would i return to The Colonial....Yes it does take awhile to find things but that is part of exploring the resort,it does need a bit of lipstick and rouge but it is Cuba and it adds to the charm of this place,if you go here looking for fault you will find it if you go there open minded and looking to meet new friends you'll find that to..till next time Colonial....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends