Hotel Colonial Cayo Coco
Melia Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
$257
  • Pool
IBEROSTAR Mojito(Cayo Coco)
$120
$104
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)(Great Value!)
$174
$188
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,491 results
All reviewsthe salt water poolpiano baryarey grillpastaocean viewchurrosfishswim up barother resortsitalian restauranta la carte restaurantsfriesbeefhour barpublic relationsan older resortbeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I read many reviews before going to the Hotel Colonial and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived!!! The hotel and grounds are BEAUTIFUL!!!! The staff was great! and the beach was breathtaking. it was the off season sothere was maybe about 100 guests but that was a bit of the charm.
The food is what you would expect from Cuba but really who goes to Cuba for the food???

I am DEFINITELY going back!!!

Thanks again to the staff at the Colonial!!! Great week!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank DBMcleod32
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I traveled to this resort in January, after deciding we needed to get away. This resort was awful in every sense of the word. We have been to resorts in the past and absolutely LOVE Cuba, despite its mediocre food reputation. We love fish and seafood, so food was never an issue, until we stayed at the Colonial.

The rooms are really nice, spacious and are kept clean by the very dedicated staff. The food was just awful, and I'm not talking about variety here because I am fully aware that Cuba is not Canada, but the execution, the cooking (or lack thereof) of it...The food was the same, day after day, was almost inedible in some cases. We survived on bread, unripened fruit, salad bar and the occasional hamburger from the burger bar (worth mentioning - the fries here are DISGUSTING). The churros is a nice concept and are delicious - it's hard not to like something fried, really! The beach was so-so, the last few days were beautiful.

All in all, I would NEVER go back to this resort, even if I won the trip. Please take a word of advice and pay a little bit extra to go to Cayo Santa Maria.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vanessa M
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Cubatur officce in Tunas cuba sold this hotel to us ,as a Blau hotel we requested, they lied to us in first place, the hotel is bautiful but not clean, the rooms are huge, but I have to clean somebody elses blood in the bathroon floor myself, at the caffeteria they only have one saltshaker, and only one ketchup bottle, no silverware in the cafeteria, in the restaurant few things to eat...... this is a great hotel maybe for those whos looking for sex touristms, you can see a lot of it.... The only good thing I got from this hotel was the great sunrise pictures I took.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gaia G
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just returned from 2 weeks at Hotel Colonial. Read many reviews before I went, and I can tell you that those people who complained must have been just to good for this resort. I found it to be very enchanting, clean and very safe. I travelled solo and had absolutely no problems. The rooms were huge and very clean. The staff was forever helpful, friendly and willing to help me with anything. The food I admit was limited, but always fresh and delicisous. Remember folks, we are travelling to a third world country. if only the maids at the mariot, holiday Inn etc. were so attentive. These people make 15 dollars a MONTH, and let me tell you they work their tails off. I would go back in a heart beat. I actually hated to come home.

Get to know the people that work so hard to make sure you have a good holiday in their land of paradise. we should be honored to be allowed ionto their beautiful island.

i would recommend the cateraman trip, spa day, and especially the trip to Pillar Beach.

I hope you go and appreciate as much as I did.

Room Tip: 1610 is a gorgeous room right on the beachfront
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
18  Thank singtravaler
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reading the reviews we were sceptical, however, we had a wonderful stay -may 11-18th.We were in block 11 which was well located-addressing a previous review, our bathroom did sometimes smell of urine but so did all of the washrooms, as for bugs, there were very few Mosquitos however there was a constant breeze so that may ave helped. The reception staff were not particularly friendly but everyone else was amazing. They have done a great job renovating. We had a lovely room and all the common areas were clean, attractive and comfortable. The food was tasty and never bland although nothing to rave about. -the 15 min walk along the beach for a shrimp and lobster lunch for12 Passos, is well worth it, however, the lunch time BBQ at the pool bar will never disappoint. The salt water pool with swim up bar is a great place to spend a late afternoon, in the water but out of the sun. Drinks seemed to be mixed differently at every bar, best vodka & lemonade -reception, piña colada-beach bar, mojito - the grill, banana mama-plaza snack bar, etc. the resort is full of small intimate locations, which lends itself to some nice quite relaxing but also provides the opportunity to meet others. We met some wonderful and interesting people, many of them were repeat guests and women were obviously comfortable here as there were many that had come either alone or in small groups.
if you want a real 5star, stay home or go to the states. This place is not a little piece of Canada transported to a tropical climate, it's a resort in Cuba.

Room Tip: Block 11 is well located, but no Rooms are too far from any pool, bar, beach or restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple