I've finally gotten around to writing this review, better late then never. My boyfriend and I traveled to Tryp in September of 2009 for one week.
Tryp is in a great quiet location, close to the airport. The closest city is Moron, which is quite a bit aways. It's a great area if you're looking for a relaxing beach where you won't be hassled.
The rooms were clean and spacious, we were in one of the furthest buildings, near the scuba hut.
The beach is absolutely spectacular! Depending what time of the day it is, you can walk out so far and still see your feet. There is no seaweed or rocks, just an incredibly fine sand that feels like flour under your feet!
The pool is awesome, there is a great swim up bar with great service. The water is warmer than the quiet pool, but that's because it's more shallow. Another great thing was that we paid security 5pesos our first night to be able to swim in the pool at night and did so every other night there.
Cuba food is Cuba food. We lived off of ham and cheese sandwiches from the 24 snack bar. We tried the Oriental restaurant, it was pretty yummy but we had a limited menu to choose from that night.
The disco on site was normally full while we were there. There aren't any other places to go except the Bat Cave (which I highly recommend!) They have a bus that takes you there, I think it was on a Tuesday. The beach parties were my favorite, we had met so many great friends on our trip there and there were three beach parties at night. We would order 50 rum punches at a time and empty out the bar. We would swim in the ocean under the stars! What a blast!
The staff here are great and so is the entertainment. Some nights were better than others, one in particular had me laughing in stitches!
Tryp can appeal to everyone, younger, older, middle aged, families. I plan on going back this September, and from what I read from other reviews, I'm not the only returning customer. Our friends recently went to Oasis Cayo Coco and didn't have the same experience we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco