It was our second visit to the Tryp and we had a great time again. The food was as good as last year, the only disappointment being that the BBQ and grill a le carte restaurant was closed and the Cuban a le carte had moved from the quiet, small Cuban type house to the beach front restaurant!
All the staff were very polite most of the time but you were often over looked if a Canadian came storming up to the bar waving a 3 peso note... and being English and having some manners I usually waited for my turn and let the bar staff know who was next. More fool me I suppose and the Canadian and some British rudeness isn't the hotels fault.
Our room was right next to the entertainment stage which meant it could get very noisy but we watched the entertainment most nights and it was quiet again by the time we went to bed.
The room itself was an improvement on last year with new bedding, curtains, kettle, Tv and a new toilet which was being fixed as we got to the room after checking in. The place is going through a make over Cuban style, slowly but getting there.
It was a lot busier this year with a fair few late teen, early twenties Canadians having a great time and the main pool area during the day was loud with music and games as was the beach but if you don't fancy the fun and games then there's always the quiet pool!
We went back to the Tryp because of the troubles in Egypt messed up our plans to go there and for an extra £100 each to fly to the Caribbean compared to Egypt, the Tryp and Cuba in general is an absolute bargain.
I will probably never return to the Tryp because I like to try different places/hotels but would recommend it to my friends and if I get stuck again for a place to go last minute at a bargain price the Tryp will be up there at the top of my list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Prodigios Interactivos SA and Booking.com so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco