I was rather wary after reading on here about how people other than Canadians were treated at the bars by being made to wait. The staff could not have been better not only at the bars but in the restaurants, by the pools and in customer services. A pair of my sandals came unstuck and the customer services arranged to have them glued by one of the maintenance men. Another day I left my sun glasses by the pool and they were safely put on one side for me by the member of staff who cleaned the pools. The restaurant staff were always there to help and I was always served in my turn at the bars.
The food in the International restaurant was superb, the service in the Seafood restaurant was very slow but the food was good. Looking at the speciality restaurants overall the food was very good, my only complaint being the soup was never piping hot. In the self service restaurant you could have a very good meal at breakfast, lunch and dinner just by going to one of the places where they cooked food fresh. The fish and seafood was cooked in front of you and was always done beautifully, the meat part always had plenty of choice; usually there was pork, chicken, steak and at lunch sausage and burgers. Every day you could get a freshly cooked stir fry or pasta. Fruit and salad items were plentiful and fresh. Mornings you could always get freshly cooked eggs, omelettes and pancakes. The restaurant tables always had clean cloths and the floors were clean and swept.
The grounds were kept very clean and all the pool areas were spotless. Both pools and the beach area was lovely and there were plenty of sun beds. The beach was beautiful and it was easy to get a canoe or pedalo. The sea here is crystal clear and it was easy to get down to the beach.
We did not use the day time entertainment as we went on two trips which we booked through Thomas Cook and later found we could have got them cheaper from the guy at the diving centre. We also went out on several other excursions. The two Thomas Cook trips were firstly the catamaran trip on which the lobster and chicken were very dry from over cooking and the snorkelling sights weren't that good, When we landed back we were left waiting with no shade in full sun for nearly an hour for the coach back to our hotel with no apology. This was not worth our money. The other trip was the speedboat and snorkelling which we thoroughly enjoyed.
We went out one day on a horse and carriage (45 mins for 5 pesos a person); although there is not a lot to see the ride was very enjoyable and the driver friendly. Well worth the money. We also went horse riding one morning and this again was good value for money (10 pesos per person). Both these were booked through a lady who came to the hotel in a morning. Another day we went on the local tour bus to Pilar beach (5 pesos each round trip). The beach is beautiful but it would be quite difficult to get down to the beach if you had any disability. The beach is beautiful but you need to pay 2 pesos for a sun bed and unless you do this there is no shelter. Also on the way back when queueing for the bus there is no shelter from the heat.
The evening entertainment when the dancers were performing was first class but we personally do not like the quizzes and the Mr and Miss competitions but a lot of people did.
Before we went, I e mailed the hotel to ask for a quiet room. We were in Room 1067 which was very quiet. It was in building 10 on the top floor, this was ok for us but would not be suitable for anyone who had a problem with stairs. The room was kept clean and the beds were very comfortable, the shower was always hot and we had no problems with any of the other items in the room. The main thing is that the rooms could do with refurbishing as they are quite shabby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, TravelUp and TripOnline SA so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco