We actually were staying at the Sol Cayo Cocoa which was a 20 minute walk along the beach. However we could use the facilities at the Tryp between 9am and 5pm if we picked up a wristband from reception. After spending the first day at the Sol and being frustrated because some of the activities advertised didn't happen, the following day we discovered the Tryp and it had a great range of activities with lots of people participating. This is where we spent most days for the rest of our holiday.The animation team made us feel so welcome and they were so enthusiastic. My wife did Zumba at 10am every day and soon she spread the word and was joined by a group of ladies from the Sol.
Cecilia was an excellent Zumba instructor and I even joined in some days. Volleyball was much better at the Tryp as the court at the Sol although was set in a better location was rocky and needed more sand. The ball was punctured at the Sol.
Water gym also taken by cecilia was a good workout and as my wife is a watergym instructor in England she was impressed by the classes that Cecilia took. The dance classes were really good as you learned to dance merenge and salsa with a partner.
Waterpolo also was great fun and always happened unlike at the Sol.
We enjoyed the Latin music being played round the pool but there was a quiet pool for those people who didn't want to hear it.
The pizzas in the pizzeria beach bar were the best we had ever tasted.We also ate in the larger beach bar and the buffet and the food and service was excellent
The swimming pools were large but a bit on the cold side as this was winter. The sea was warmer and we snorkelled on the days that the red flag wasn't flying.
The grounds were lovely with flamingos in a pond. Hens and chicks roamed around.
We hired pushbikes from the Tryp. Free for the first hour then 1 peso an hour. The roads were empty of traffic and we cycled to Playa Prohibido where there is a lovely bar with great views. On the advice of the owner we carried on past the bat cave disco and turned right along a dirt track where a mile or so further on we found glorious unspoilt beaches completely empty.
We went on the glass bottom boat one day and this was a great experience.
On Thursday we took the open top bus to pillar beach which was lovely but it took 1 hour 40 minutes to get there. We caught the 1.35pm bus back to the Sol Gulliermo where we spent an enjoyable afternoon joining in with their Cuban Day.
All in all it was great having the use of all 3 hotels. The Sol Gulliermo was smaller but the beach there is beautiful, you could walk out along way in the sea and still only be up to your waist .The Tryp was larger than the Sol so maybe that is why more people were willing to join in the activities.
The Sol had a lovely pool bar but the Tryp had a swim up bar. I can't comment on the bedrooms as we didn't sleep there but they looked good from the outside. The Sol had 2 beaches and it was easier to get a bed there than at the Tryp. It was very sheltered on one of the beaches by the Sol, so the Sol was in a better location.
We had a great holiday and would be happy to go back to any of these hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Prodigios Interactivos SA and Cancelon so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco