“Trip Cayo Coco” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Ottawa, Canada
“Trip Cayo Coco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was fortunate to be staying at Tryp Cayo Coco during the March Break, March 9th to 16th.

This was my 4th time staying there. I enjoy it more each time I go and look forward to visiting again in the near future.

I find the ocean spectacular. The view from the main building is so inspiring. The gardens are so tastefully designed and are well maintained.

It is so good not to have to prepare food!. All one has to do is to visit one of the many restaurants and be served your meal. There are many choices to please every palate. One can always eat at the main dining hall for each meal. There is a good selection and many chefs to cook in front of you, as you wait, whatever you chose to eat.
The bedrooms are large clean with a large washroom.

Of course there is a fridge, air conditioning and a TV
The staff are especially friendly, polite and helpful.

It was all in all a very relaxed and pleasant holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ROCKLAND345
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is nice to know that you enjoyed once again. Hope to meet you here again.

Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,286)
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have been to Cuba 5 times, and the Tryp being my 6th. I was blown away with the hotel! It is absolutely beautiful!!
When arriving we had quick check in, as we made sure to jump on the first out of 3 buses to the hotel. (learned this from previous trips) After checking in and being greeted by a Cuban friend of mine that works at this hotel, we were showed where our room was and a nice guy at the hotel took all of our bags for us (5 suitcases!!) After settling in we headed down to the bar for a drink, and then off to the disco.
The disco was by far one of the biggest ones I have seen at any of the hotels I stayed at in Cuba. We found ourselves visiting it every night!!
The main pool at the hotel is beautiful! Nice and big!! We stayed at the pool most of the week and sat around by the pool bar. Bartender there was very good and soo funny!!!
Later that week we discovered another pool. We didnt go in that pool as it was very quiet and we enjoyed being where the entertainment was.
The grounds at the hotel are absolutely wonderful!!! Very well kept!!
The rooms are a little out dated, and could use a reno. But as I know they are working on them, and cant wait to see when they are all done. Our room was in the main building right by the pool on ground level. I would request that room anytime as it was perfect!!!!
The food... well I am always a picky eater and not a big fan of Cuban food... I did find something to eat everyday! The pizza place on the beach is a must!!! And of course the buffet is soooo good for breakfast! Best meal of the day!!!
The service and entertainment staff there is by far amazing!!! They were always so helpful and welcoming to me and my group of friends. I HUGE thank you goes to my friend Felix for everything he did to make my week the best one yet!! And also to Daner, Mary, Leduar and all the other staff and dancers!
Although I never got to meet the hotel manager, he was always out walking around interacting with clients as well as the staff sharing a laugh or smile which tells me he is doing something right!!!
I cant wait to return to this hotel again in July!!! I know it wont dissapoint!!
And as for the smell from the lagoon... not really that bad, you notice it at first, then by the end of the week I would be saying "what smell??"
Again thanks to everyone at the Tryp hotel for making my trip enjoyable and unforgettable!
Hasta la Vista!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Tri-Star12
Dear Guest,

It is very nice to know that you have enjoyed your first experience in our Hotel. We sincerely hope you can come again and we meet you here. Thank you for your comments.

Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We went for our second time to Cayo CoCo and loved it again!!!! We loved the weather was warm no rain at all. Resort is a 4 star rooms a 3 but you only sleep there. Rooms were clean and resort very nice, grounds kept up very well and swimming pool was cleaned every day. Great resturant at the beach they have a pizza bar it was very good and great atmosphere. The food was great very good!!! Had no problems at all. As usual Cubans very eager to help you as usual and always smile very laid back. Went to a beach called Pliow and that is a must go rated one of the top 10 in the world and believe me it is. Went on the speed boats and snorkled on the same tour well recomended. I would recommend this resort good bang for your buck!! Had a wonderful time. :o~

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Reddeerchick
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to know that you are satisfied with your holidays in our resort. Thank you for your comments and recommendations. Hope to meet you here once again.

CORNWALL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Me and my husband went to the Tryp 2 weeks ago. Don't listen to all the negative reviews and go with an open mind. This is Cuba ! Yes the room are not fancy,,,but are you going there to stay in your room?.I have to say that the room were confortable and always keep very clean. Most of the staff goes behond the call of duty and are always there if you need something.. About the food.... I can't believe some reviews ? I always find something to eat! Wasn't very impressed with the pizza...but realized that it's their cheese that I did'nt like ! Lots of shrimps, and the pasta bar...mmmm delicious. If you want a good drink...go see Lidy at the beach restaurant...ask her for an Orgasme....She is the only one that make them that way ! Be carefull, they are smooth ( make with ice cream) but....oh...so dangerous ! lol I surely was not impressed with the international restaurant for not allowing my husband to enter the restaurant with beige bermuda and button shirt....He actually had to go and put his jogging pant on top...... so make sure you bring a pair of pants... Be kind to them ,smile and they will do the same !
If your going there to have fun meet new people, relax and not have to cook for a week..........go with an open mind and you will Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MaryseCornwall
Dear Guest,

It is really nice to know that you enjoyed your holidays. Thank you for your time. Hope to see you here again

Tryp Cayo coco Hotel
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We vacationed ( two couples) at the Tryp from March 24 until the 31st.
Vacationing at the Tryp was like visiting a large beautiful Cuban family. We had a great time. Really nice people, excellent service, beautiful beach, beautiful pool. Incredible Value for the money we spent really.
The rooms were not modern, but I am not travelling to a resort for a brand new room. The rooms were always clean. I had no concern with mouldy or musty smell.
The restaurants are decent. There was always a good selection of options at the buffet during all meals and i didn't tire of eating there. My favourite was the pasta bar. Excellent and on demand just the way you like it.
For lunch we often went to the pizza place on the beach and if you go to the Tryp you NEED to try the pizza place. Rustic pizza, very tasty. We never had to wait to get a seat when we went around 1:30 - 2PM. Waiters there are very funny and happy to have you. They also play great music there.
We only went to the International A La Carte as the reservation process was a little tedious (my only real grump about the trip). The line was VERY long to make a reservation and the guy at the desk was VERY slow, and rather grumpy. However we thoroughly enjoyed the International restaurant. The chicken/balsamic salad is delicious...it is a must try. And ask for Alexander...he is very funny and hard working...and you might catch him partaking in some water aerobics between shifts...:)
The entertainment staff (especially the Tanner, Danny-Boy and the other Danny? i think that is his name, as well as the dancers in the evening) are great. They really work hard, and appear to sincerely enjoy what they do. They are quite funny, and seems to always be making the rounds to the guests, making sure everyone is having fun. Don't forget to tip them too! and make sure you learn the Tryp dance early in the week...it will make for a better afternoon and evening experience for you.
The manager of this resort is ever present, and while i didn't speak to him personally during my stay, he was never far away.
I also accessed the medical care at the resort for an allergic reaction and the nurse and doctor are fantastic. Really sweet, really smart and you get medical care quickly for a very reasonable price.
And lastly, we only smelled the lagoon once in all the times we walked by it. There have been some improvements for sure, as the smell was NEVER bothersome. So don't be deterred by that. :p
Awesome awesome vacation..and i can't wait to go back! :)

Room Tip: We were in block 6 and I loved it. Nothing was a far walk, we were in the center of the action, and...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Laurie D
Dear Guest,

Your comments are very nice, thank you very much for them. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your holidays. Hope to meet you here again.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

My partner and I visited this resort 3 years ago and had a wonderful time! We are headed back there on April 20th!

I will start off with what some people would think are the downfalls.
First the smell by the 24 hour snack bar and buffet. Yep it stinks! The first day we were really taken back by it... But honestly after that we knew at what moment to hold our breath, and it stopped being so bothersom. Moving on...
The rooms are dated. But the beach is not! That beach NEVER gets old! So the tiles are green and the wood is not shiney anymore... To me, Who cares! I sleep there and then get up and go back to the Beautiful Beach!

NOw on to the good!

Food - It is still Cuban and still lacking in the sauces and spices we are used to at home... But it is one of the best resorts I have been to in cuba for food! The beach resturant for lunch is awesome! The chinese a la cart is great and the selection was good the whole time we were there.

The Beach - Stunning... There is not much more to say about it! Cuban beaches are beautiful! There are lots of sun shelters, you can walk for miles, its just beautiful!

Drinks - Were awesome! The bartenders areattentive and fun! They are happy to serve us and we are happy to tip them! Its a relationship we both can cherish! During our last trip the bartender was delivering our drinks to the table when he saw we were getting low! That is amazing service!

Entertainment - The evening entertainment was some of the best i had ever seen! They had a local reggaeton act play one night and it was amazing! they had a micheal jackson impersonation put on a concert... just wonderful! I could always do with a little less Chaw chaw mickey mouse in my life but the kids seem to enjoy it.

Service - Now here is where it is important! Service can make or break an all inclusive trip. If the staff are not happy then the guests are not happy. At Tryp the staff was amazing. they were always smiling, happy to help out, had the time to stop and say hi. The maids took good care of our room, the bartenders took good care of our drinks, the wait staff took good care of our food. They were all amazing and I came away with no complaints at all.

I took my sister to Oasis Playa Cayo Coco 2 years ago and was more than disapointed and wished the second we arrived that I had booked us at tryp! Now to make it up to her we are headed to tryp on April 20th and I can not wait to experience this resort again!

When someone asks for my advise on where to go in cuba, after visiting 6 different hotels, i recomend Tryp every time.

Room Tip: Our room was by the quiet pool... it was a nice spot!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer J
Dear Guest,

We are really glad knowing that you have a great stay in our Hotel. Thank you for your time and recommendations. Hope to meet you here again.

Tryp cayo Coco Hotel
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have been to Cayo Coco [3] times now and I enjoyed TRYP out of them all the best. The resort is large but not too large where you get lost or takes forever to get to one end to the other. Plenty of bars located around the resort and all were open. Service was fairly quick. The activities are plenty, and the staff speak good English and French. The staff is friendly and willing to help when they can.

Food in Cuba isn't brilliant but the food provided has options, there is two buffet's, one on the beach, and the main one for lunch time. The LA CARTES are nothing to get excited about but a great way to have some private time with your friends or your loved one. Liquor and beer is great here for Cuba, none of us got tired of the vast variety of drinks available.

The main pool is a perfect sun spot, on a cloudless day you will tan well, the quiet pool you have some shade and breaks throughout the day. Music is modern and they play a great mix from Latin to American top 40, they even sneak in a few oldies too. The disco was fun, and the music again was modern and great for young people, and the more life experience crowed looking to regain the beat in their hips.

The staff to not bag for tips here but don't think you should be cheap and not provide tips, also be sure to tip your entertainment staff they only make $20 a month in Cuba. Pretty much bring what ever clothing you don't want and they will accept it and be very appreciative for it. I took 20lbs of clothes ranging from baby, to male, female and it was well accepted. TRYP HOTEL cash exchange had a better rate then the airport when we went.

The bathrooms are dated but clean and you get use to the style of decor, again this is cuba so star ratings are different. Safety, you are totally safe on this resort, security are always walking around keeping tabs on anything that shouldn't be. The neat thing about this place you can go swimming at night in the pools, but you do so at your own risk. It states it on the signage by the pools.

Went with a group of 8 and we had a blast, great time, and I would go back for sure. Alberto is the manger of the resort and he was constantly out and about making sure the wheels of the resort had no wrench thrown in them. This is a well run and operated resort. I hope your experience is the same.

To the people who are complaining about this resort, I would say they haven't taken into consideration the countries dynamics and how they have restrictions on their own people to meet the needs of the tourists. We come from a brilliant country with many spoiled needs, so step back and enjoy the experience which is, food, drinks, good company. If your time was bad, then maybe you choose the wrong people to travel, not the resort.

Cheers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CDNFUN
Dear guest,

Thank you for your opinion. We consider your comments very helpful. Hope that you can come again to our Hotel for new holidays. See you then.