7,475 results
All reviews lagoon room billiard bar international restaurant las caletas fish beach bar standard room a la carte restaurants animation team fantastic holiday thomas cook plenty of sunbeds returning guests pasta the main buffet restaurant the real cuba evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for our final few nights of a month in Cuba. We’d been travelling round staying in casas, so this was a very different experience. The staff were excellent and super friendly. The food was delicious and the facilities were great - especially considering how hard the embargo makes it to buy simple everyday things that we’d normally take for granted.
The entertainment staff worked hard to offer activities and games and reception were really helpful (especially Claudia).
We Mostly just lay by the pool (it’s surprisingly shallow) or on the beach, but did take the bus up to playa Pilar and got off on the way to see the flamingos (if you ask they’ll drop you next to them).

The only downside for us was getting there and back. Because we weren’t part of a package we had to get a taxi from Camaguey and then a collectivo on to Havana (not the best journey considering how much we paid). I think there are buses that will get you closer if you travel on the right day and you can probably get a Viazul connection to one of the towns near Cayo Coco, but it’s still at least a 40 Cuc taxi ride.

Overall Meliá Cato Coco was a lovely relaxing place to stay with a great beach, amazing food and super staff, but it felt a million miles away from the rest of Cuba that we saw.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank Dan and Sarah J
MeliaCay0C0c0, General Manager at Melia Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dan and Sarah J,
We are so glad to read that your first time in Meliá Cayo Coco has been such an enjoyable experience. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, which we have been glad to share with our team, especially with those you mention by their names. It is very encouraging getting the feedback from the way they serve you and we take proud on them all. Thank you in advance for your upcoming visits with us and for recommending us on this site; you can rest assure that we will be striving on providing you with very enjoyable holiday experiences.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have just got home from a 2 week holiday at the Malia Cayo Coco.
Both good and bad points.
We were asked on our arrival if we wanted to upgrade to a lagoon room, which we did, instantly. Beautiful room - lovely and clean. Nice and spacious and lots of storage. HUGE bed!
We were given a bottle of Havana rum and a bottle of fizz to enjoy in our room. Unfortunately the fresh flowers promised never arrived and the turn down service - whilst we weren't that bothered about,got forgotten about in the 2nd week!
Disappointed with the mini bar that was advertised to be full and replenished every day, I was expecting a little more than 2 cans of lager and 2 cans of pop.
We were told the water from taps was drinkable, however myself and my husband were both quite poorly the 1st 7 days of our holiday. After speaking with friends we were told to stop drinking the water and started cleaning our teeth with bottled water, which helped. Quite difficult when we were only given 1 bottle of water a day.

Food in all the restaurants was outstanding. Brilliant selection on the buffet. Because we upgraded we had a meal in the gazebo which was beautiful and by far our favourite out of them all.

The pool area was lovely, nice clean pool. Would definitley benefit from a swim up bar! Plenty of sunbeds and there wasnt the usual sunbed war which I was expecting
I would say the atmosphere would have been a lot better with some music around the pool. Some more upbeat and up to date music.
Pool games were lots of fun and very regular. All the entertainment staff were brilliant.
We really enjoyed the foam party.

Unfortunately we didn't think much of the evening entertainment and often retired to bed early as we didn't feel the atmosphere was good enough to stay out for.

Most of the staff were extremely friendly - but we did find a few staff who were quite abrupt, didn't smile, didnt interact. We know little bits of spanish and obviously we tried to communicate using the language but often got dismissed and had to return to speaking English.

Highly recommend the adult only catamaran cruise - we done this twice.

The beach was right infront of the hotel and was beautiful.

All in all it was a lovely stay, very relaxing.
We would definitley visit Cuba again.

2  Thank siobhanh701

Dear siobhanh701,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay at Meliá Cayo Coco. It pleases us so much to learn that you had a lovely time and you found all the peace and relaxation you were looking for with us. Thank you for your remarks on the upgrade to the lagoon, these rooms are quite lovely and the view and the comfort they provide are definitely a plus. Our chefs are so excited about your praises on food, both at the buffet and the a la carte restaurants, your words inspire them to continue their work and provide an excellent service. Please accept our apologies on the issue with the flower deliver, this is an uncommon issue at our resort, the same happens with the nightly turn down service; this will be informed to our Housekeeping Manager to prevent this from happening again. Regarding the minibar replenishment, it is established that it will contain beer and softdrinks and that it should be replenished everyday but if you need something extra or by any circumstance the staff in charge of this task fails to replenish it you can always contact our Customer Service Department and they kindly assist you in this matter. Although our water has been treated and we have a certificate that states that it is drinkable we always advise guests to drink and brush their teeth with the bottled water they receive in the rom. We are very worried by your comments on some members of the staff exhibiting a rude treatment. Our staff has always been a strong point and we want to keep it that way. So be confident about the fact that we will take your opinion into account. It will be a pleasure to welcome you once again at Meliá Cayo Coco and provide you with another memorable experience; therefore do not hesitate in contacting us if you decide to return, we will happily assist your every request.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall a great holiday the only negative part is the lagoon room it’s not a five star needs TLC cleaners were really good mini fridge had fizzy juice and beers in it every day. We received a bottle of rum as we were repeaters second visit a great touch the food was really good loads to choose from beach barbecues to lobster.We are beach people omg lovely’s not the word idyllic the sea was so warm like walking into a bath.beach bar was fab the guys there good fun. I enjoyed the beach games your staff down there are all amazing at there job well done .The reception bar was always busy at night we singing, dancing, and shows can’t remember her name but the lady that cleans the toilets ,she does an amazing job .lovely adults only hotel meet some lovely people thanks Cuba

2  Thank Susan_S215

Dear Susan_S215,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this important site. How good to read that one more time Meliá Cayo Coco provided you with all the peace, fun and relaxation you were looking for and that our facilities and services cointinued to being up to your expectations. You are so right, our beach is one of our biggest attractions and guests always go home missing their early morning walks and their special times enjoying the reading of a good book or just laying on their sunbed, relaxing. Thank you so much for your honest opinion on our lagoon rooms, we know there are always aspects in which we can improve and are totally focused on our guests satisfaction which is why your comments are very much appreciated though I must mention we get excellent feedback on the rooms located in this area. We will pass on your praises to the maid that takes care of the lobby toilets, she performs an excellent work and it is always looking out for every detail, thank you so much on her behalf. It will be a pleasure to welcome you once again at Meliá Cayo Coco to provide you with another wonderful and relaxing experience; therefore when you are ready to return do not hesitate in contacting us, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have just returned from my second visit to MCC. This hotel is amazing and the staff feel like family. Rooms are spotless and include free safe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board and mini fridge which is filled daily with bottled water, beer and soft drinks. Food is delicious with 3 a la carte restaurants included each week , delicious buffet and 24hr snack bar. Lots of choice despite difficulties obtaining food at times. You will not go hungry! Fresh fish, meat , omelettes and pancakes. Four bars to choose from and great entertainment including live music, magic, dancing and an aquatic ballet. It’s the extra touches like the violinist playing over the pool which make this place so special.
You will not regret going to this hotel the best in the Cayos.
I cannot wait to return.
Debbie Newcombe

4  Thank danewcombe

Dear danewcombe,
Thank you so much for posting your comments on this important site. It is very rewarding to learn that once again we were up to your expectations and that our facilities and services were very much to your liking. We want to thank you for all your paises specially on food, which is a very important aspect customers take into consideration when coming to Cuba and your review will be very helpful for those thinking of visiting us. I can not wait to pass your comments to our chefs, they will be so happy once they know their hard work has paid off and will strive even more on the pursuit of your satisfaction which is our main purpose. I totally agree with you about our violinist, he has become an excellent addition to our resort and has add a little touch of romance to your morning and late afternoon. It would be amazing to count with your presence in the near future, your friends at Meliá Cayo Coco can not wait to see you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice clean resort with wonderful beaches, nature, flowers and environment generally. I would really like to say that I am the most stunned by the stuff working there, mostly waiters, lifeguards, chefs, clean ladies and etc. Cuz of them I felt like home and even more. They were never boring, or pushing you somewhere, or falsely kind. They are really happy, sincerely kind and welcoming and few times they reminded me I am on a vacation and to not worry about anything. Second higlight i would mention food and great buffet restaurant, fresh food and lots of choices to make. There is always sth for someone.
Overall, kindness of people i really liked, I got rest, about nature and beaches I cant say anything more or to add more since they are extraordinary beautiful.
I am glad we found Melia Cayo Coco, I went with family, but in the near future I would like to come as a couple or similar. I wish to go back and I hope I will.

The only thing that sometimes was bothering me were mosquitos. I saw few timwes a guy with a spray going around and killing them but I still felt sometimes annoyed. Dont go there without spray against mosquitos. No matter that, I would still like to come back.

Dear Andelka M,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at Meliá Cayo Coco. I fully agree with you, our staff is the most genuine pearl that we possess. Without them, nothing of what we have achieved over the years would have been possible. I will transmit your kind words to all of them. My apologies for the mosquitoes situation. As soon as the plane starts to spray there won't be any, just during your stay the plane was compromised for the fuel situation. Thank you for announcing a next time with us, we will be very glad to provide you with another great stay.