“Sun and sand - What more do you want?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iberostar Mojito

Iberostar Mojito
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Ancaster
“Sun and sand - What more do you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Had a wonderful time. Yes it's not a 4 or 5 star but a nice cheap place to go. The beach by far is the best part! Powder sand and clear crystal water. The place does need a bit of a facelift but the staff is fantastic. The only complaint that I have is people saving chairs by the pool. One day we were there and people had their stuff on them and didn't return till 3:00pm. Really??? On the beach we found lots of chairs available. The food was good, didn't get sick. Rooms were clean but need updating. Our closet was stuck but the issue was resolved within minutes. Overall it's a nice place if you want something cheap. Also the best part is that it's only 15 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank BMWmama
Director Genera... I, Manager at Iberostar Mojito, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear guest:

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us & sharing your positive comments on line, it is satisfying always to see our guests pleased, it is because we have a professional staff always helpful and ready to fulfill our guests’ expectations.
Thanks once more & we hope to see you again at Iberostar Mojito.

On line Reputation Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

This particular property does not hold up to the Iberostar reputation. If anything, I would give this resort a 1.5 star rating.
Allow me to preface by saying that I have been to Cuba 29 times (all over Cuba) and all over the Caribbean.
The mosquitoes were plentiful. Dead cockroaches all over the property and in the buffet ... just left alone and not cleaned up.
For the most part, the service is terrible – unless you “show them the money first.” Ariel (lobby bar) and the girls at the front desk were fantastic though!!!
Aside from the cockroach in my bathroom, the room was dark, dingy (like something you’d see in a horror movie), phone didn’t work, (learned that when my toilet over flowed at 1 a.m and had to call reception), only 1 lamp worked, toilet did not flush properly and the safe did not work. I know, who stays in their room, but when it is raining, there is no option as there is no impromptu entertainment in case of rain. In addition, there should be some level of comfort and ambiance in a room that one will be staying in for the duration of their stay. Oh, and lots of big ants. Because one of the walls was very dark wood, after a heavy pouring of rain one night, I woke up to my floor being covered (not 20 or 30 or even 100) cockroaches that were once in the wood wall. Needless to say, I had to throw out some of my clothing and I changed rooms. Contrary to what I was told previously, there were other rooms available.
Switched rooms. Bright room. Lots of sunlight. Windows. Each lamp worked so did the safe, the toilet and the telephone. Little did I know, there would be NO water (hot nor cold) for 2 days. “Showered” via bottled water for 2 days. (Some rooms had just a trickle of cold water, some rooms had no water at all).
The rooms did come equipped with mini fridges – sometimes it got stocked with a large bottle of water, beer and pop and sometimes not. Some bathrooms came with basic toiletries (shampoo and a small bar of soap) and some didn’t have any at all.
Cubans are allowed on the property’s beach without being guests at the hotel. There was a large group of about 8 Cubans on our property at the beach taking up 3 palapas and 8 chairs. This became a problem when the actual guests of the resort who were looking for spots under the palapas were turned away.
Beach is spectacular. There is a beach bar on the beach as well. At lunch, they offer hot dogs, burgers and fries.
The food in the buffet lacked variety.
Pools are nice. There is an “adults only” pool with bar service.
Beach towels always available (keep note, the beach towel service closes for lunch).
There is a convenience store and a cigar shop on the property. There is also a souvenir market close by. If you are walking, it is 5 minutes away. When you are in the front of the lobby, walk out and turn right. Walk for about 5 minutes. It is a blue and yellow building. Alternatively, you can take the little train. Check at the front desk for departure times.
At the Cayo Coco airport, there are a few shops and a duty free in the airport where you can pick up cigars, coffee, alcohol, snacks, souvenirs etc. There is also a money exchange. Each shop accepted Canadian dollars at the time. Insist on a receipt and count your change!
Feel free to email me with any questions. Happy & Safe Travels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank cubarepeat
Dear guest;
We know we still have to make many updates in the rooms and buildings etc., and sometimes we lack certain items that we cannot get because they are not available from our suppliers. We have to take into account that this is a third world and blocked country, but we always do our very best.
We would like also to extend our apologies for any problem we might have caused you. If you would like to give us a second chance please get in touch with us before arriving and we will do our very best to give you a second very nice impression.
Thanks once more for your review & we hope to offer you our hospitality again in the future.

On Line Reputation Manager.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Not kid friendly for sure! Although most staff from the chamber maids to the cooks were quite excellent, the reception staff was all but useless. We waited 2 hours for our room in the heat with 2 kids and a pregnant wife. When we got there they said our room was almost ready. I asked several different people, all who said they would check and never came back until finally I got angry, whereby one of them produced my room key as if it had been there the whole time and told me I had heard them wrong.
The kids pool was broken down and full of dead bugs and the kids 'playground' which was supposed to be open from 9 am everyday was never open once.
Evenings there was a half hour mini disco at the beginning, but they just didn't bother the last 3 nights and the kids were really disappointed. I went to customer care and all I got was 'what's your room number, I'll see what I can do.".
The only good thing was the soft sand on beach, otherwise...Nada. I'm going to bring my kids elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Miles L
Dear guest;
On behalf of all the staff & particularly the manager we would like to thank you for having chosen us for you holiday destination. We would like also to extend our apologies for any problem we might have caused you, our hotel as many others in the world does the check in to new guests at 16:00 hours. At this moment we are doing certain improvements discretely in some areas & we are making our best efforts doing renovations to please & fulfill our guests’ expectations.
On Line Reputation Manager.
São Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is hotel is far from 4 stars. Maybe 3. It is an all-inclusive style hotel, which is in fact good value. Rum and Cokes, Mojitos, all day long if you desire! The beach is stunning, clear crystal water and white sand. Paradise. However, the hotel looks a bit shabby, in need of a lick of paint and general facelift. The room was good, the bathroom not so much. Beware of drinking tap water and eating salads and raw foods...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Buriti
Director Genera... I, Manager at Iberostar Mojito, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Buriti,

All the staff and Management team at IBEROSTAR Mojito wants to thank you for sharing your comments and experience with us and other readers. We are glad to know that you were able to enjoy our services, specially the staff and the beach. I will forward your review to all our Head of Departments; they will take you comments into consideration. We hope we can welcome you back again someday.

Best regards,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is our second time at this resort since Iberostar took it over. We went in 2013 and just came back. I have to say the food is better then it was last year. The resort is clean and the staff is very nice.

I would suggest two things.. the chairs at the snack bar need to be changed as they are very uncomfortable and the washrooms in the room need to be updated.

I would recommend this resort .. the beach is beautiful

Anik, Mario and Audrey-Ann

Room Tip: building 21 and 22 very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Ottawa O
Director Genera... I, Manager at Iberostar Mojito, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Ottawa O,

Thank you so much for taking part of your time and write us about your recent stay at IBEROSTAR Mojito, we appreciate all your comments and we wil take your suggestions per future improvements, we love that you have been a wonderful stay here among us, we work hard in order to all our guests feel themselves like home. We hope to have you again among us in the future and offer you even a better service.

Cordially,

montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

travelled may 21 to juin 4 with my wife and a few friends and we have been to this resort many times and all we can say is its just great,staff,pool,food, and beach, and always great seeing the returning guests and meeting the new ones. excellent value for your money and we will return again, that's for sure.keep up the great work iberostar but you know what has to be done to keep the people returning.

Room Tip: bring bug spray in may,lol.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank frankMontreal
Dear FrankMontreal,

On behalf of the staff I want to thank you for giving us your comments about your experience at IBEROSTAR Mojito. We are pleased to have given to you a great holiday and encourage us to keep improving our services.Will be a pleasure to welcome you back!

Best Regards,

Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

My friend and I were at the Mojito the week of May 24th. Although there were not a lot of people on site, we had a really great time there. The resort is a little dated, but it's very clean and well maintained. Plus, you see they are working hard on making upgrades to get one more star. The food is very good, although there is not a lot of variety (you have to love brussel sprouts and rice!). I've been to 5 star hotels, and the food at the Mojito was better than at those 5 star resorts. The staff there is AMAZING! Everyone is friendly and make sure you get everything you need, smile and jokes included! The beach is amazing too and so are the pools. I loved it so much there that I'm planing to go back in september! Can't wait!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nadine226
Dear Nadine226,

Thanks a lot for this positive review regarding our hotel IBEROSTAR Mojito. We are glad to perceive we have contributed to your happiness during your stay & we hope to offer our hospitality again in a near future.

Kind regards,

#1 of 3 in South Hill
Hotel Villa Lodge 4 Epices
Hotel Villa Lodge 4 Epices
#5 of 7 in Grand Cul-de-Sac

Been to Iberostar Mojito? Share your experiences!