Tripadvisor
Cayo Coco
5,258 results
All reviews don diego pool bar pizza fish public beach great holiday animation team a la carte buffet restaurant lick of paint the thomas cook rep speedboat trip sister hotel chicken poor country welcome meeting stir fry
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Had a horrible experience at Sol Cayo Coco.
We were meant to stay for 3 weeks but left after a week as we couldn't stand being there any longer.
The hotel is ruined by rude locals like a lot of people have mentioned. They are rude, loud and generally believe they own the place.
At the bar, restaurant they are given preferrental treatment over everyone else.
Hotel staff and management seem reluctant to do anything about the problems they cause, I had to complain multiple times over a 3 hour period for them to take note and only when I demanded they move myself and my family at 11pm at night did they actually do anything
I would never return to Sol Cayo Coco which is a shame because it is a nice hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank MrStubborn
NaiviQ, Director of Sales at Sol Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Stubborn:

Thank you very much for taking part of your time sharing, on the Trip Advisor, your opinions about your stay at Sol Cayo Coco.

We regret we did not fulfill your expectations, we sincerely apologize for this. We are agree with you in that this is a good Hotel. Also we would like to comment you We receive clients of all nationalities and we do not make distinctions with any but each country has its own culture and customs and we cannot discriminate against any guest and we take the measures so that in no case the rules established by the hotel are violated. We are very sorry that this situation bothered you.

Once again please accept our apologies for this inconvenience and we look forward welcoming you in the near future and we hope continue counting on your loyalty as a customer of our hotel and our company.

Cordially.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Everything was Awesome! We changed rooms without any problems. Check out both beaches they are totally worth it! Staff was great and Vegan options were good. At the a la cart ask for a vegan meal and you will be blown away! I just said anything vegan twice and I was amazed at the whole meal.

Date of stay: May 2019
NaiviQ, Director of Sales at Sol Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for publishing and sharing, on the Trip Advisor, your opinions about your stay at Sol Cayo Coco.

We also thank you for choosing us, and we hope you continue trusting us many more times.

We appreciate a lot your comments about our hotel, and we feel very proud to receive these reviews.

We hope, and wish to see you soon in Sol Cayo Coco.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this resort in April of 2019. I have to say that the staff here are really what makes this resort feel like home. All staff at this resort are very friendly and offer great service! BIG SHOUT OUT to Elvis, Geysi, all the amazing kitchen staff and management!!!

We were very happy with our room, (standard room) and the beaches are truly gorgeous. Entertainment at night and bar service was great.

Lots of fun activities on the beach and at the volleyball court to keep you active. I would say this is a family resort as it is a bit quieter however we had a lot of fun as a young couple.

We ultimately chose this resort as it offered a place where I could fish close to where my girlfriend could enjoy the beach. We have never vacationed anywhere twice until now. We are excited to say we will be back again this spring and can’t wait !

5 stars in our books. :)

Date of stay: April 2019

Dear Eric:

Thank you for your excellent comments on this page about your stay in our hotel and for recommending our hotel to other tripadvisor readers.

We will transmit your comments to our staff and I am sure we all will be very happy to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2020

The food is amazing . The pool is great. Love the beach. The rooms are very updated & large. Beautiful view of the ocean. The beds are very comfortable . Liennys isvwry friendly & lovely. Very energetic.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank 705cheriew
NaiviQ, Director of Sales at Sol Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your good comments. That is why our staff works for.
We keep working every day to give all our best to our dear guest.
We hope you can come back to Sol Cayo Coco again.

Cordially.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Came here and everything was great initially. A lot of people did become ill with sickness and diarrhoea during the first week. Which you expect a few, that is Until I became severely ill.
Couldn’t even keep sips of water down, ended up with it going beyond throwing up blood and severely and dangerously dehydrated. I Still am suffering the legacy of of this today with stomach problems that have never resolved. On reflection I wish I had put in a claim against the tour operator, sadly they are no longer trading. I believe and always believed the cause of this was due to hygiene and “lukewarm” uncovered food.
Cuba and the cocos are a beautiful place to visit but I would never consider revisiting this hotel.
I recommend you pay the extra and get a good 4*hotel. This hotel is definitely not in that league.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank E7931XAkarens

Dear guest:

We are sorry to read your comments in regards of your stay with us; normally everyone always enjoys our resort very much.

Regarding your point of views related to your dissatisfaction with the services provided by the hotel, let me inform you that our hygiene standards are checked regularly and we have not had any impact in this regard, and we had no more ill clients during their stay. Some clients are affected by different causes, such as climate change, food change and other causes.
I may understand some of your expectations were not fulfilled and let me tell you that it is really painful for us to know you did not felt satisfied in the Hotel.

best regards,