Tripadvisor
Cayo Coco
8,184 results
All reviews diamond club snack bar water shoes upper pool pizza fish michael jackson show a la carte asian restaurant entertainment staff ocean view stayed in building paella chicken foam party fries sunwing rep
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

We had an amazing trip to Memories Flamenco resort. The resort and beaches are beautiful and clean. The animation staff Jay is fantastic and has made us feel very welcome. Will be coming back for sure!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank X7704YIsamanthac
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We would like to give you a thank you for providing part of your time to share a review about your stay with us. We are glad to know we reached your expectations and you enjoyed our service and our beautiful beach, indeed, one of the most beautiful ones in the world.

It is always a pleasure to hear our guests have such a memorable time at our little paradise and appreciate they great effort our staff does to offer a wonderful stay. Your words are our best reward after everyday work.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

This vacation package was sold to us by Sunwing when I called to book our vacation for other resort and it was the worst resort we've ever stayed at. We had to go through 3 room changes in first 3 days period and it wasted half of our vacation just running to the lobby every half an hour for room change as the room we were offered had issues and dead phone.
The bad experience started with dealing with rude front desk staff who instead of welcoming asked me to stand aside and kept me waiting. This attitude of front desk staff continued throughout our stay.
The first room assigned to us on Jan. 7th was 7114 (In building 7) which had soooo many issues like Broken floor tiles, Torn blankets, Dirty toilet, Sunken mattresses, Spiders with spider webs, Mosquitoes, Broken drawers, Broken waste basket in washroom, Broken light fixtures etc. To make matters worse for us our baby had her foot stuck in the broken tile and bumped her head on floor and cried for two hours from that injury. Went to the reception/ front desk but they didn't seem to care and said they'll send someone to check. No one came and I had to make 3 trips to lobby before they sent a maintenance guy who came and said that he couldn't do anything. We slept through the night and next day (Jan. 8th) went the same making dozen trips to the lobby. On Jan. 8th night 9pm the front desk staff sent keys for another room and asked us to move by 10pm which we refused because the baby was sleeping by that time and we had no time to pack our stuff. So we moved to the new room 9218 (Building 9) on Jan. 9th morning after breakfast and packing our stuff. To our shock the second room was even worse (PRACTICALLY UNINHABITABLE) with no Water in Toilet, Torn blankets, Broken bin, Lizards in the room, Dummy and Dead phones and the list goes on. So, the trip to lobby/ front desk continued that day. I tried to involve Sunwing representative (Carlos) assigned to us but he showed little interest and didn't seem to care.
The other Sunwing representative TONY TONY (Yes tony twice or Tony square) helped me by connecting me to GUSTAVO (Community Manager) who talked to the Manager of resort and moved us to a new room (3rd room in 3 days). GUSTAVO and IFRIAEEN (Another company manager) really helped us by understanding the whole situation and moving us to a functional room.
Avoid this resort and go elsewhere otherwise you might end up spending your vacation running to lobby and dealing with rude staff.

Room tip: Only book or accept rooms in Building 1 or 2 & make sure you inspect the room first.
6  Thank yyct2020

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you might had during your stay. As long as we read your review, we can see that you encountered some issues. We take note of your comments regarding the rooms and the buffet, to pass them by to the departments in order to work on a solution.
Thank you for choosing us for your vacation, we hope to have a second opportunity to prove ourselves in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2020

This was our first time in this resort, we went there for the beach and were not disappointed, the water was crystal clear and there were plenty of chairs on the beach no matter what time you arrived.
It was windy during our stay so we spent less time in the water than we would like but the beach time was great.
I don’t know how old the resort is but the rooms were dated and in need of renovation, in our room the drawers didn’t have handles so we had to be creative to pull them out ,had to slide our hands on the side on pull.
The sliding door had gaps so we had whistling noise during the windy nights, we got used to it after few days.
The food was Ok, but line ups long during dinner, We enjoyed our dinner at the Mediterranean restaurant, nice presentation, nothing to complaint about.
Grounds very nice, well maintained.
On our last day we had disappointed incident, we requested a bellboy to bring our suitcases down from the third floor, he didn’t show up.
We had to drag the suitcases all the way to the lobby and when I complained to the reception staff they just said that the bellboy didn’t come to work, bad attitude.
We will be back to Cayo Coco but not this resort.

4  Thank MariaW1734

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you might had. We always work hard to give our guests the best experience and your suggestions are the clue to improve everyday. We take note of your comments and we will work on a solution.
We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Memories is a 2.5 star resort & certainly doesn't deserve the positive ratings under the current management. Most of the issues included are consistent with the comments we heard from several others.

It met and at times exceeded our expectations - we were attracted by the sun and sand and the affordable price and they delivered the things we really wanted.

On arrival, the room assignment process was perfect as we were assigned a room immediately.

After changing, we walked to the Centre for drinks and to relax after standing in line at the customs. Our customs agent turned out to be working ot the slowest speed possible. Our bus to the resort was left waiting for us to clear customs. The bus ride was short and sweet. Cold beer is available on the bus - 2 for 5 pesos.

Back to the Centre. The Centre is the hub of activity and is situated adjacent to the main dining room, theatre and pools. The staff were enthusiastic and happy to serve us as were all of the staff.

Following morning was sunny and hot with the trade winds picking up. We attended the Sun wings presentation hosted by Tony Tony, a pompous jerk who made fun of the complex in a joking (so he thought) manner. Most of the details were correct but some out of date. He mentioned how slow the internet was and basically recommended you avoid using it. WRONG - the internet fee was 1 peso for 1 hour. It was fast and dependable. He warned us of the water problems - no pressure and hot water was not always available. WRONG again. We always had hot water - at times not scalding hot like early morning and we never experienced an issue with water pressure.

He ran down the staff at the towel change implying they were lazy, not on time and frequently missing. Suggested we get our maid service to get towels. WRONG again. The staff were always there during the stated hours and like the rest, were friendly and happy to serve us.

He tried to sell us the 30 peso VIP service for departure implying we could arrange seat selection. WRONG - he also stated you could get preferred check-in to select your seats - WRONG, there was not preferred check-in line. We met with him after the session and seat selection was not included. FYI - You cannot arrange seat selection on the Sunwing app in Cuba.

We loved the miles of clean soft sand at the beach and were amazed at the number of shelters and clean cots along the waters edge. For added convenience, there is a full bar (no beer) at the beach staffed by one of the friendliest staff at the complex (Alexs) but as we brought our own insulated mugs, beer was not an issue.

The pools are usually busy in the morning and most cots are reserved by towels prior to 8:00 a.m. The resort recognizes this and has the pool attendant gather quite a few chairs every night and he stores them at the bar pool for late comers. Just look for the attendant at the pool with the bar as he will get chairs and take them wherever you want. While it is a free service, tips are well appreciated.

The adult entertainment starts at 9:30 by a pre show team with the main show starting at 10:00. The entertainment is one of the best groups we have seen on our many cruises and other all inclusive resorts. They deserve 5 Stars. The show director needs to adjust the background music (way too high for the speakers) and possibly tweak the volume for the stage mikes to enable us to clearly hear the entertainers.

The food is Poor. The cooks and servers are all friendly and enjoy providing excellent service. However, the selection of food excludes the more expensive foods such as shrimp, hamburgers, hot dogs and many other foods that are normal fare for any resort (rumor is the resort is slow/not paying bills). This applies to all areas where food is served.

We attended our 1st optional restaurant and found the staff were excellent, but the food offered was much the same as you would get at the dining room. A waste of time. Based on comments, we avoided the Italian restaurant but did go to the Mediterranean restaurant. Much better than the cafeteria, but our chicken was under cooked (almost raw).

We decided to take the bus to Pillar beach thinking it was a short drive. It’s not! Our second mistake was sitting on the top level. Not a good choice as there is nothing to see between the resort and the beach except the other resorts where we stopped to pick people up. The sun was out, but the wind was very strong causing people with towels to get wrapped up. Considering how many people were picked up, we were worried that we may have a difficult time considering the potential crowds getting back so we’re just stayed on the bus. In retrospect, with our beach, there was no need to go elsewhere.

Our room was quite spacious with a great view from the balcony and included the usual fixtures and a safe. The coffee machine was new and would have been used had we brought coffee. No filters are needed. TV reception is good and there are several English speaking stations and CNN. They stock the fridge with 2 beers and 2 soft drinks daily. The maid will leave a large bottle of water daily if required.

The grounds, pool areas and beaches are spotless.

All things being said, they do need to improve the maintenance at all public washrooms. Too frequently, broken plumbing fixtures such as toilets, urinals, sinks are out of service and they need watch and replace essential paper supplies that constantly run out. As well, some food in the main restaurant has been out far too long and is stale and cold. The hot tables were NOT hot. The beef, chicken and pork that is grilled for each person is either poor quality or so over cooked you need a tooth pick to get the stringy meat out of your teeth. Try to determine which is which on your plate!

Maintenance needs to address simple jobs such as changing light bulbs as many areas such as hallways are missing or have bulbs that don’t work - at night it is too dark and dangerous.

Everything we came to enjoy deserves at best a marginal 3 star rating but the staff deserves 5 stars.

However, the food, preparation and major maintenance issues cost a deduction from the overall rating.

We recommend you bring snack food, coffee, ketchup, vinegar, soya sauce, peanut butter, jam and other spices that you use at home.

6  Thank 1greenwood
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you might had during your stay. As long as we read your review, we can see that you encountered some issues. We take note of your comments, to pass them by to the departments in order to work on a solution.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

It was my 13th times at this resort and never did it disappointed. It was on the 30th of November to the 14th December 2019. It’s always fast way to the hotel but this time was a bit of a delayed at the airport by customs that needed to learn more about what their are doing to passengers, but however that did not stop my holiday from happening. My check in was always so easy because they are professional at the DC desk and the normal desk as well. Every four months that I am there, they do remember your face. Roland at DC desk was so kind to me, he allowed me to have my dinner because the buffet close at 10pm then come after and sign in. This is how well they will treat you.
Waiting for me was the manager Diego as well my friend since I meet him on my last trip in August 2019 he is one of the nicest people that you will ever encounter with. So off we went for dinner and had a few laughs which I needed after that delay at the airport. This resort is always so clean and everyone always at their station doing their work also always have time to say hello or hola.
My 2 weeks was a breeze and a blast to be there and always so exciting to meet my friends that works there. From the check in, the bell guys, the customer service, the food, the drinks, the beach towel station, the cleaning of my room, the snack bar, the beach bar both DC and regular, the lobby bar again both DC and regular, the ladies that clean the washrooms, the gardeners, the beach staff and the entertainment staff. All these staff at different locations are well trained and the work really hard for long hours at a time, always smiles on their faces regardless what’s going on in their life. Big thank you to all of them
Yosmel, you are a kind and good person and when ever you are working and I need a ride from my room to the lobby you are always there. Also let me mention this, to people who thinks that tips are all the workers wanted is not true because they do turn down my tips. They just wanted to treat with respect as how you will want to be treated.
Greisy, Diego and my dear Morffi, I want to thank you all for my special trip out of the resort and also for my Special day and night for my Birthday. That is why I come to celebrate my birthday with you all because that time away we all needed it a little laughs and alone time from work even though you all were working.
Wendy, Pasquale, Grabiel, Alain and Juan many many thanks for my beach surprise birthday celebration. Each year you guys come up with different ideas as to how to surprise me and it works each time. So big thank you especially to Wendy who prepared the food and cake.
Lily, CS manager, when you heard it was my birthday you went a got me a bottle of champagne. That was so sweet and for that you will be not be forgotten. I know that you are no longer working at the resort but I will not forget about your kindness. Thanks and best of luck to your new endeavours.
Madeline, 2 Janets at the DC lobby bar thanks so much for my always new and surprise drinks that you made for me each time I am there. Also all the other staff. Big thank you to each and everyone of you.
Wendy, this is for you my dear friend, my food is prepared by you is a blessing and you know what I like. Huge thanks to you.
Diego, thank you for everything and how you take care of the resort. You have a lot on your plate and you do it right. I admire your talent and patience that you have to do this job.
Morffi, I known you for a while now and eventually your time has come to handle this beautiful place as a manager but even before that time you are a decent and do your best for each client that come your way. Big thank you. Greisy, I needed 100 pages to write about you but it all sum up to this, you have courage, kindness, and greatness to handle all that comes your way on your job but please do not give up. I really enjoyed my time away from the resort that you arranged for me so that I can see the other side of Cuba also my birthday bash. Many thanks to you. My holidays was the best ever. Big thank you for everything Memories.
Naz Satar ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Nazsatar

Dear Naz,

First of all we want to thank you for the valuable time you have spent writing a comment about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that you have spent a pleasant week at our resort. We are proud to read that Diego has done an excellent job giving you the attention you deserved. We will send him your regards, he will surely be happy to hear your words.

We hope to have the honor of receiving you again very soon.