“Wonderful resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed at this resort August 16-23, 2014 and had a wonderful vacation from start to end. To begin with, it is very seldom that people comment positively about airlines, we only hear about the bad experiences. I would like to take this opportunity to mention that our flight down with Sunwing was excellent. The flight attendants were wonderful with special mention for outstanding service to Ashley and Eddie.

Our first morning we attended the information meeting and I was truly impressed that the management attended the meeting to welcome guests and introduce themselves. This was a nice touch when they have guests arriving daily and take the time to do this; clearly this kind of attention is reflected in the service at this resort as the staff are lead by example. The meeting was informative, not a big sales push for excursions and was kept short.

Rooms: the resort is very large and has 10 buildings for accommodation, we were in building number 1 which was very convenient to the pool, lobby and main buffet restaurant. The rooms are very nice and quite spacious; the bed was not that comfortable with small pillows but we asked for extra pillows and it was a definite improvement. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean.

Food: the choice of food is excellent, the buffet is wonderful with a huge array of selections at every meal. I would find it difficult to believe that anyone could complain as there had to be something that would meet every requirement/taste. The a la carte restaurants were not the best that I have had but again satisfactory and you can always return to the buffet if you didn't enjoy the meal. The waiters and waitresses were friendly and attentive and warmly greet you at the door as you enter. They were all wonderful but one waiter who stood out particularly was Noyling - he is a credit to you. There was also a lady in the Mediterranean restaurant during the day and she was wonderful too.

Bars: the bars have a really nice ambience especially the lobby bar that is very relaxing. The drinks were great, no complaints with the wine, wonderful mimosas, cappuccinos and the cocktails were really good - no watered down drinks here, they were very strong. Pedro in the pool bar was excellent, I loved his iced coffee - his specialty.

The gardens and landscaping are beautiful, they have done an amazing job in 2 years, the gardeners are always seen working hard all day. The pool is very nice and the water was a great temperature all the time. The shows were very good and the animation team were very friendly. The Michael Jackson show is very well done.

A couple of suggestions: in some areas where there is tile and there is a lot, it becomes extremely slippery when wet. I'm not sure how they could resolve this but it might be an idea to put up cones in areas that have tile when the floors have been washed or it has rained or wet from being in the pool. It is definitely a slip hazard and we saw quite a few people slip and putting up cones or fold up yellow signs would alert people to be cautious in these areas.

You will definitely need mosquito repellent, as you would for most places in the Caribbean - you will likely be bit at some point so take repellent and bite cream to avoid the discomfort. They do spray the resort but I highly recommend taking your own precautions too.

The beach is very nice but has some very scary looking stones. We had a wonderful tour of the resort from Lisbet and she explained that the stones were going to be polished so that it would not be a hazard for people getting in and out of the water. This will definitely be an improvement. Go to the beach at night and see the stars - lovely.

Excursions: the ones that we booked through Sunwing were excellent value and were wonderful tours that added to our memories of this vacation. It is a real bonus that the 2 Sunwing representatives are on site every day, all day, not just limited hours/days. They do a wonderful job and are knowledgeable and friendly and answer all your questions. Cecelia is a customer service representative who is always so friendly and kind to guests and is also there to answer any questions or concerns in the lobby area.

This resort is operated with efficiency, outstanding customer service, friendly and welcoming staff and attention to detail. I would recommend this resort, it is definitely a book with confidence resort and I would return if I were to visit Cayo Coco in the future.

Room Tip: Building 1 is close to the pool, lobby, theatre.
9  Thank 27cadetmom
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen Memories Beach Resorts and for selecting Memories Flamenco, our newest property in Cayo Coco.

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We feel it describes very well our cherished hotel! We make sure to revise every department frequently to insure that we always give our customers the best service and offers they rightly deserve. Your comments help us improve our quality, products and standards everyday!

Thank you so much once again for your exhaustive review. Our staff send you their personal thanks and hope that you will once again choose Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, the next time you are in Cayo Coco.

Director General I General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,879)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I (23&25) got married there in aug 2014 and brought along a total group of 20
People. 97% of us enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back. The beach view from the doc on our wedding pictures was the best thing we can ask for. The staff was all very helpful and friendly. Literally everyone seemed to love their job I didn't see one sad face while I was there. The food was better than expected. A la cartes are amazing probably the best meals you will have. Also the snack bar pasta bolognese was unreal amazing and basically what everyone had at lunch as
Well as the fresh fish and seafood rice bar they have off the dock. Definitely a resort I would recommend to a good family trip. The disco music most nights was really good with house music but probably
An hour after it opens not
Necessarily right away. Thanks to all Memories team
Members for helping me out. To
Those who are planning on getting married there Sisi, Karen and Murphey helped tremendously. Xoxo

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Debora S
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Debora,

Thank you for your trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for having chosen our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

We are so proud and happy that you decided to choose us for such an important day in your lives and we are even prouder to hear that we were able to give you the day you expected.

Thank you so much once again for having chosen Memories Flamenco Beach Resort for your lifetime memories. Congratulations once again!
We look forward to welcoming you once again, for an anniversary perhaps? at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Should you plan your long awaited summer vacation never miss considering Memory Flamenco Cayo Coco. I have been there twice with my family and always have been coming home with mixed feelings, feelings of not wanting to leave this place. Extremely professional service, top notch facilities, fantastic entertainment every day. On top of that a beautiful beach and undeterred willingness to make your stay most enjoyable and memorable. A beautiful twist of Cuban culture and extreme effort to serve your needs adds to it. Love it or loathe it, nothing in between. I loved it from the first sight.
Chapeau bas!!! Slawomir Smolec

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful, though the second floor gives you a better outlook either on the sea or the...
8  Thank Slawek S
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Slawek,

Thank you for having chosen Memories Beach Resorts and for selecting Memories Flamenco once again for your vacation.

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us – we constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Spent a week here Aug 13-20. Travelled with Sunwing...no complaints. Sunwing staff at resort present every day (Cecilia) and extremely helpful!!
Check In-We arrived on a full bus to this resort at approximately 11 am. Some rooms were ready, our was not and we were told to leave our bags in the front, go enjoy the resort and come back in a couple of hours. Thank goodness my friends room was ready, so my kids and I dropped our stuff off there. I unfortunately tore my calf muscle and ruptured a tendon before we left so I was using a cane. I wish our room was ready so I could be more comfortable. (I did email the resort prior to arriving informing them of this-I didn't receive a response so I'm not sure if they got it)
Rooms: We did get our room a few hours later. Very clean, well appointed. Two days later our air conditioner broke. We informed the customer service. 20 min later we called back and they said they had no record of us calling?! Thank goodness my friend is fluent in Spanish. She spoke to them and a repair man came quickly. The air could not be fixed so they had to switch my room. I spend 1 night far in the back in the 8 block which was difficult to walk to with my leg. A man we met asked for a trolly to come pick me up after the show. I waited 30 min and no one came so my kids and I walked (got lost lol) but finally got to the room. I was told to go back after breakfast the next morning to get a closer room. When I did at 8:30 am they told me to go back in a couple of hours. This was very frustrating for me. I already had to pack up one room, move to another room and wait another few hours for another permanent room. All with my aching leg. I went to my Sunwing rep and between her and the Customer Service Rep I had a room soon enough back in my original building. I feel all this commotion was unnecessary. They did say the hotel was at capacity, however everyone and myself did not believe that was the case. Finally in my new room, unpacked again. So about 1 day wasted of my vacation.
Management: I have to say Jesus and David are very present around the hotel. Very nice men. Actually all the staff are super nice. The one thing I loved was when you said Buenas Dias to any one of the staff, they would put their hand over their heart and say buenas dias back. That was so beautiful. The staff all seem to love working there, and that says a lot of the management. They are all willing to help and with a smile. The ideas the management has are great. I think a little more organization and effort and this resort is going to be full all the time! I would like to thank all the staff for everything they did for us and making us feel so welcome!
Food: YUM! That's right YUM! Fish, porchetta, turkey, pizza, poutine....so many choices here! If you go hungry its your own fault. The food and drink are excellent! Cappucinos are delish, drinks are perfect and service and selection are perfect!
Pool: Three pools...one kiddie, one swim up bar, and one big fun pool. Animacion make your day so much fun! Good job Carlos!
Beach: Beautiful!! Some coral but once you pass it it's fine. Water is gorgeous and warm!
Animacion: Excellent! The shows are amazing! My favourite was the Memories Awards featuring Marc Anthony, Rhianna, and more! They guys in the bar are very nice too!
Tidbits: Bring mosquito spray...they are very bitey!! One lady got bit and had a reaction and then she said she was going to sue the hotel OMG get a grip...you are on an island, you know there's mosquitos...BRING YOUR SPRAY LADY!!! It's not the fault of the hotel! The bank changes your money all day and if you do need money changed after hours the front desk will do it. The piano players and singers in the buffet...you are awesome! Thank you to the gentleman who sang Guantanamera for me! You made my night! VIP Lounge at the airport: Well worth it..25CUC and all you can eat sandwiches, and drinks..air conditioning and first to board the plane.
STAFF: Some people who really made our vacation are Octavio...thanks for Zumba and all your service in the restaurant. You are going to be an excellent manager one day! Janet in the snack bar...your service is amazing and your smile makes everyone feel at home! The guys in the swim up bar you are all so sweet, thank you to the gentleman who carried the drinks for me...I'm sorry I cant remember your name, but you are all fantastic! The lady in the Cadeca...muchas gracias! You were always very kind and had a smile for me! Cecelia and the Customer Service Manager: thank you for being so concerned about my room and making sure I was ok. Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated! Very professional!
This was a very beautiful vacation in an amazing resort! With that one little hiccup with the A/C and room, I would still recommend this resort to anyone. The service is really very good, staff amazing, food great! We made many new friends here and we sure did make some amazing memories. Gracias a todos por su arduo trabajo y hospitalidad :D We will be back!!!

4  Thank cubamyheart
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a nice time with us, even if you had some issues with the A/C in your room and your leg. We constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Where else does management shake your hand and thank you for choosing their resort?

Food was excellent, rooms were kept clean, and the grounds were beautiful. I tried the a la cartes and they were good, however I always find the buffets in Cuba to be better than the a la cartes.

Very nice walkway into the ocean with a snack bar close by serving fresh grilled fish.

Personally I did not understand the hype with Pilar Beach. The bus ride there was long, bumpy, and you were packed like sardines. Once there you have to pay for chairs but to top it off it looks just like any regular beach in Cuba - took a cab back 10 min after arriving, did not even wait for the bus to take me back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SaabFanatic

Dear guest,

Thank you for your trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for having chosen our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco for your vacation.

Thanks a lot for your review. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and that you appreciate the managers' work. We constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Was not very sure about this resort when I read the reviews, but I must say, this was an awesome vacation with the children. Rooms were huge and comfortable, bath room very modern, comfortable spacious. Service were at its best, everyone is so polite and ready to help, huge pool on two levels, which was nice so the kids did not had to be bothered with the adults at the bar. Food was great. I did suggest a vegetable table for those vegetarian because they put meat in almost everything. Will do this again and again, love it.

Room Tip: I would suggest building 1-4 not too much walking.
8  Thank summer20102

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time with us. We constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Thanks again. Our staff send you their personal thanks and hope that you will once again choose Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, the next time you are in Cayo Coco.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We visited in July. Found the rooms to be extremely clean and well appointed and the Diamond club option to be worth the few extra dollars.The staff was very accommodating and truly went out of their way to take care of your needs, when they asked if you had any concerns, they meant it. Food: seafood every night, and a variety including lobster on at least three of the nights. They had hot sauce, a version of ketchup and other things you don't always find easily in Cuba. The al-a-cart restaurants were very good. The ocean was great, beach - a rocky walk to the swimmable area but they were doing some modifications to create some paths through the reef rock while we were there. The nightly dance team and shows they put on were the best i've seen any where including a bunch of 5 star and "palaces" we've been too in Mexico, Dominican, Jamaica. I'd go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank scott W

Dear Scott,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay. We constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Thank you once again for your comments. We sincerely hope to welcome you once again at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Coco
#2 of 12 in Cayo Coco
IBEROSTAR Mojito
IBEROSTAR Mojito
#8 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Memories Flamenco Beach Resort? Share your experiences!