“Trudy H Toronto”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Toronto, Canada
“Trudy H Toronto”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited Memories Flamenco March 27/April 4/2014. It was our first trip to Cuba and we had a great time. I had only one problem I requested a high floor with the ocean view, somehow we had
the first floor with garden view, I did not complained. I will return to this resort because the staff
was friendly and helpful. we had no problem with the food lots of choice at the buffett . the
entertainment was great.

Room Tip: Bring as much condiments as you can. The resort is highly lacking in salt, pepper, ketchup and musta...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Trudy787
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for having chosen our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

I would like to apologize for not having satisfied you at your request, but as we are in high season right now, sometimes it is difficult to reach to everyone satisfaction. Anyway we will try hard to satisfy you at all your requests next time.

Thank you again for your comments and for taking a chance on us. It is through your comments that we are able to continue giving the best services, products, vacation and memories!! We would not be able to do it without your help!

We sincerely hope to welcome you once again at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun!

Director General I General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,950)
  • Polish first
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were at the Memories Flamenco March 11 to the 18th.

We flew with Sunwing direct from Charlottetown to Cayo Coco March 11th. We were delayed 1/2 hour, no problem, landed in the evening around 8:30 pm. Grabbed our luggage and headed outside in minutes after getting my picture taken twice by security, maybe the different color of my hair thru them off? Anyway, no problem, off to the bus, 2 beer for 5 Canadian dollars, not too bad for a 15 minute drive. We were handed an envelope before getting on the bus that had our room keys (2 keys), map of the resort. We had read that the al a cartes were prebooked and would be in our envelope, but that was not the case.

ARRIVAL
We arrived and were greeted by the famous Memories song and beautiful staff dancing, offering a refreshing non-alcoholic even though we arrived at night. We grabbed our own luggage, but they offered to take it to our room, but we just wanted to get there fast, so we could go out and explore.

ROOM
We e-mailed the resort 2 weeks before we arrived requesting a second floor room with a view. We were fortunate to get a room on the ground floor that had a raised terrace, with a rail around it, so it kinda felt like a balcony. We got the king bed that we requested. We were in block 7, it was very quiet. The reviews talking about the walkways being very dark were correct, We, had a flash light, and after the first night we didn't need it The bathroom was very clean. There is a closet with a safe that you set your own password and it is free (NICE) There was an iron board, hair dryer and 2 umbrellas in our room. We had lots of hot water and did not lose pressure as others have reviewed, but, nature can dictate.

BEACH
The concerns about the coral on the beach and the fact that it would hinder your entry to the water could be an issue for the people that have soft feet, but, THERE are soo many other places to enter, and when you get in, it is nothing but soft sand and tropical water.

STAFF
We have to say the staff are really there to please. I saw Jesus( manager) the second day, and introduced myself and he asked me if I needed anything and I said YES, I need some Kleenex in my room, cause I have allergies and he wrote it down and I had Kleenex before I left....thank you JESUS. The beach bar staff...AWESOME...ALEXI is the main man and is the sweetest guy (in charge of the bars on the beach)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lois P
Dear guest,

Thank you for your trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for choosing our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

Thank you so much for having taken your time to write a review. Your comments are very important to us in order to improve our standards and quality. We make sure to revise every department frequently to insure that we always give our customers the best service and offers they rightly deserve.

Thanks for nice words you have about our staff we feel that it is important on those occasions that a staff member knows that fine effort is appreciated.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments, we hope to have the chance to welcome you once again to Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun!

Paradise, NL
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited Memories Flamenco March 29-April 5th, 2014. This was our first trip to Cuba and we had a great time . It was very relaxing , staff were excellent , very friendly and accommodating. We had a great room, 3rd floor of building 1, great ocean view . Beach was a little rocky for our liking . We had no problems with the food , there was lots of choice at the Buffett . People play the towel game at the pool though ! Saving chairs and not showing up for hours which was a little annoying . We thought the Diamond Club was worth it , my husband thought the Diamond Club bartender in the main lobby was exceptional for service . If I fly SunWing again I will definitely choose Elite plus , to skip the airport lineups and have extra baggage weight . We would definitely return to Cayo coco , we thought it was nice and quiet , just what we were looking for. The nightly entertainment was the best , these entertainers were as talented as any I have seen in Vegas !

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndreaLHat

Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The airport and transfer were so easy, great to have your key right away, no waiting once you arrived at the resort.
We were in bungalow 6, which was a great location. close to everything, we were on the 2nd floor and the next time I would request the 3rd, as the people above us stomped and dragged furniture at all hours of the night.
We tried the 3 a la carte restaurants, the Creole was our favourite, the service was good and it was nice to get dressed up.
We always had great breakfasts at the buffet, the fresh baked pastries and cappuccino were to die for. At the dinner buffet we ate mostly vegetarian since we are allergic to shellfish, but my oldest son had the freshly made steak a few times and he said it was great, the freshly baked bread is awesome too. The pizza at the snack bar is good, the ice cream tubs for a treat on a hot afternoon, the desserts were really tasty and my sons looked forward to the new flavours of gelatin every night, the coffee and mocha gelatin was awesome.
The beach is beautiful, we brought aqua shoes but never used them. We walked everyday to the left around the point almost to the next resort, great for shelling we found starfish, sand dollars and many types of coral on the beach, fan, brain and other soft corals. My sons snorkeled at least 4 hours a day along the reef, they saw an eagle ray, sea anemone, sea urchins, crabs and many types of fish. The swimming was great as well, we only used the pool twice as we preferred the beach, we were always able to get chairs in the shade and the mojitos at the beach bar are tasty, the best at the resort in my opinion. We walked along to the right, past the Pestana, I really considered this resort because of the negative remarks about the beach but their beach is very similar, so I was happy with my choice. My husband was told they will be breaking up the coral on the beach and adding sand so this may appeal more to some.
The housekeepers are great, our rooms were really clean and the fridge was always well stocked.
The servers at the buffet are truly awesome, we always sat in the same area so they got to remember our likes and always asked how we were and if we were enjoying ourselves, very attentive.
I feel the staff at this resort really sets them apart, always smiling with a Hola!
Yahima was a great help for my family, this was the first time we were traveling out of North America with our 11 year old autistic son, she helped me with connecting rooms and even called to make sure we settled in okay the next morning.
The GM was always walking around asking people how things were and thanking us for our stay with our new Cuban family, it really showed they cared as he was on top of things around the resort.
The lady who took care of the bathroom at the top of the stairs is the hardest worker I ever saw, even with everyone from the beach, snack bar and Ranchon restaurant using the bathrooms, the bathroom was spotless, always had soap and paper towels as well.
We went on 2 excursions, the Pilar XL which we really enjoyed, Playa Pilar is beautiful and the dolphin experience was great. Deep sea fishing was the other, eating the tuna we caught was yummy! fishing was a little slow but it was the water conditions and we would do it again.
The only negatives were the smell of sewage depending on the way the wind blew from the lagoon and the internet, neither the wireless or wired internet worked for us.
My husband and I have traveled extensively all over the world and I can honestly say this was one of the best holidays we have ever had, our sons are looking forward to going back already!

Room Tip: Bungalow 6 is very centrally located, 3rd floor is best if you can do the stairs
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank the4taals
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to write your experience, we are so pleased to hear you and your family had such a nice stay and are so looking forward of coming back!
We are also happy to receive positive feedback about our staff and we feel that it is important on those occasions that a staff member knows that fine effort is appreciated.

Thank you once again for your wonderful review; we sure hope to have the chance to welcome you once again at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun!

Courtice, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We just got back from memories flamenco in cayo coco, just wanted to let you know that this is a resort that goes the extra mile to make every guest feel special. I was travelling with my grown kid's and grandkids, Sister and her kid's and grandkids, and the entertainment staff did a great job entertaining the kid's morning, afternoon and evening. The beach is a bit rocky, but once you get past them the water is beautiful and none of our kids minded the rocks anyway's. My husband and I travell almost every year this was our 4th time to cuba, first at this resort, and I must say it was by far the best place We have ever stayed in Cuba!!!! The Main Buffet is the best I've seen in a long time ,certainly the best one I've seen in cuba. there is a different theme every night with lot's of variety to choose from. All the staff are very eager and excited to help you with any problem you may have. The Manager Jesus, is the hardest working Manager I've ever seen( I don't think he sleep's, he's always there talking with the guests helping out , greeting the new arrival's and personally saying good-bye to all the guests as we are on the bus back to the airport, as well as many other things. ) We didn't see many night shows, but the Michael Jackson show was amazing , truly a must see!!! If you are looking for a nice clean place to bring your family I would highly recomend this resort..

Room Tip: we were in building 8 and it was fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank joannecane
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We feel it describes very well our cherished hotel! We make sure to revise every department frequently to insure that we always give our customers the best service and offers they rightly deserve. Your comments help us improve our quality, products and standards everyday!

We are so happy to hear that you had such a nice time here with us, as well as your family did. All our staff works hard to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my first trip to Cuba and I wasn't sure what to expect. I went with my sister-in-law and we wanted to go somewhere that neither had been. I had read many reviews and they were mixed. Arriving at the airport and getting through security and customs was a breeze....very efficient. As we had upgraded to the Diamond Club there bus waiting and we were whisked away to the resort to start our vacation. Check in was done prior to boarding the bus and our room keys/reservations were given to us on the bus; after a brief overview for Diamond Club members at the resort we were on our away to our room. This was definitely a very nice touch!

The rules for the Diamond Club changed during our stay which was annoying. As a DC member you could have breakfast at the a’la carte restaurant….this was very nice, however when we went to go another morning we were asked for our reservation…..we knew nothing about this and after speaking with the DC representative were informed ‘had we attened the DC dinner we would have known about the rule changes’. Really? This was our vacation and if we didn’t feel like going to this ‘special’ dinner or didn’t feel like doing anything else that should be our choice…it should have been their responsibility to advise us of the changes.

Now I don’t want to say it was a bad trip ‘cause it wasn’t, but it wasn’t what I am used to. I’ve been to Mexico a number of times as well as Jamaica and DR, I didn’t find that this resort was overly welcoming. Some of the staff were very friendly and worked really hard (Oslaida, Maria and our housekeeper in particular). As for the bartenders we had excellent service the first day at the beach, but not again for the time we were there. At the swim up bar it hit and miss even with tipping which we felt was expected even though you didn’t receive good service. The Lobby bar….forget it!

I won’t talk about the food as it’s been said many times that it’s not very exciting….

Now it has taken some time for me to post this review. At the end of the vacation we had the opportunity to speak with the GM and he sent someone else over to talk to us. We expressed our thoughts and the conversation ended with her asking for our contact information and she would be in touch. As I’m writing this it’s been almost a month and I haven’t heard a word.

So will I return to Cuba? Most likely not, there are other places to see and places I’ve already been to that I’d like to return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Bil_Gerri
Memories_Flamenco, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your comments with us. They are very important to us in order to improve our standards and quality. Reviews like those help us so much in improving our quality and offers. We always try to do our best for our guests but according of what I read it seems not always achieve our main goal which is to make you happy so that you have a great vacation.

I will personally take care of the things you have written to put them in the right direction to satisfy all our costumers.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments; they were very helpful to us.

Kind Regards,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

First, let me tell you this trip was the best in 5 trips to Cuba. We were a group of 13 people.

The flight with sunwing from Ottawa on April 8 was perfect, no delays, awesome sandwiches, no complaint.

The check-in was in the bus, even though we got there at 11 pm. What a great idea! Thanks so much for this great service.
We got to the hotel and our room was ready. Building 8, 3rd floor which is located in a pretty quiet area. There was a extra cot bed for my stepson just like we asked. Thanks again.

Rooms were clean and well put. Always new water every morning, awesome little figures with our towels and bed sheets, clean floors, toilet paper, lots of shampoo, conditioner and 2 face cloths every morning (first time I see this in Cuba).

The hotel is the perfect size!!! Not too big, not too small, everything is close and there are also little buses if you have trouble walking. All the group mentioned that in many trips, this hotel was definitely the perfect size.

Buffet : I've read here a complet about the buffet not having mash potatoes..... Really? You're in Cuba, next to the ocean and you complain about mash potatoes? Well there was lots, everyday! And it was good!
The cheeses are the best I've seen in Cuba. Soup and proscuitto was always good. Yes in the morning bacon is often empty, please be patient, you are on vacation :) Omelets and pancakes are really good.

We didnt try any A la carte but we did try the Snack Bar a lot! Pizzas are amazing! And we also went to the little buffet behind the snack bar for lunch, which was always good also!

The beach : My boyfriend
proposed to me right in front of the beach bar, with the ocean in the background! Special thanks to Hiram and Agnel and another staff (sorry I forgot your name) for making this day perfect! Merci merci merci !!!!!

Yes there are corals but if you did your research before booking this hotel you were aware of it, so why complain? Our stepson had no trouble going in the water without water shoes and he is 7yr old... Lots of areas where you can get in the water without hurting your feet. Oh and the beach during low tide is simply amazing. I had never see this before. AMAZING. Also, never had trouble of finding a chair even at 10:00 am.

Pools : Pools are clean and we never had trouble finding a chair before 10:00 am. One pool is more calm and the other one with the pool bar is more party! We die both and loved it.

Drinks were always good! My stepson appreciated the slushies a lot and the boyfriend drank Cubatas all week.

The Manager came in our bus to say goodbye when we left. I never saw that before and it is definitely a wonderful idea. Thank you Jesus!

Special thanks to the ladies working at the buffet, on the right, next to the bathrooms.
You guys are amazing. Special thanks to Maryluz our maid and Agnel, Hiram and the bartender at the pool bar.

We will see you again, Flamenco! Thanks for making my engagement, perfect!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank Vero M
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2014