“Wonderful Family vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Huntsville, Canada
“Wonderful Family vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Inexpensive vacation. The staff was friendly and spoke English well. The food was typical Cuban buffet items and the a la cartes were a treat. The 24 hour snack bar was great for bedtime snack for my boys. The only disappointment was that the slushie machines were never stocked. The rooms were clean and they provided an extra bed for my second son so they didn't have to share a bed. We snorkled everyday. I highly advise using the dock to enter the water as the rocks and coral are very slippery. The one outing we did was to walk down the beach (to the right of the hotel) about 4-5 miles and we ate a a little restaurant right on the beach( not associated with any hotel). Freshly caught lobster yum! and some of the best huge brain coral. All sorts of fish we also saw a ray and barracuda. The children's activity centre was used for the one rainy morning that we had.

Room Tip: 1. You don't get all that much extra with the diamond club...don't bother... use the money...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rick d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,897)
  • Polish first
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This resort was worth the money we paid, which was pretty cheap. It truly is a 4 star hotel. Its not fare from the airport, its safe, clean, and filled with friendly staff. Its a great family resort. The rooms were clean and upgraded, only negative would be the low water pressure but that does not get in your way. The beach wasnt the best I've been too but it was good. I really enjoyed the bridge which took us out to the clear and shallow water. Also saw and swam with some fish, which was pretty cool. The pools were great, they were kept clean and had friendly staff who brought you beach chairs. The nightly entertainment was ok, not the best I've been, and short in length. I've been to other resorts which had good length shows, but the show times here were kinda short, which left you with time to kill afterwards. And there disco wasnt that lively lol The bar service was good. We didnt really enjoy the restrants, interms of there food, we also noticed the same reaction from the other guests there. Which brings me to there food, which was ok, but if your big on food, which most people are, you might not find there variety of food that good. O and there food lack salt lol Well I would say the food was the only poor thing about the resort but that didnt really bother us since we went already knew what to expect before we went.

Over all great resort, great value for my buck, I would go back there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, clean and upgraded, but save yourself the walk and request a room close to the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mirza M
Renfrew, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is my first trip to Cuba and couldn't have chosen a better destination.
The Staff from management down were professional and friendly and made our visit exceptional!
We went Diamond and recommend you do the same!
Very very clean and fresh accommodations with brilliant facilities for young children. The Baby Club was our grand children's favourite memory. Jenny, thank you!
Victor, Ishmael and his fellow staff at the Diamond Beach bar area were the best!
Tania who tidied up our room every day was exceptional.....thank you so much!
The Entertainment staff worked from sun up to sundown to make our stay fun and the nightly shows were great!
The food was much better than expected and had such a variety that it would be difficult to find something that was lacking.
There is no need to be concerned about water as it is clean and very drinkable.
One doesn't need any warm clothes as the weather here is very hot during the day and short sleeves at night.
Best Family vacation we have ever had, specially with two grandchildren under 4 years old!
I would return to this resort in a heart beat.................it was GORGEOUS!!!

Room Tip: Go Diamond for the Ocean Front views!
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This year I wanted to do something different for Christmas so my daughter and I went to the Memories Flamenco and was it ever a great trip. Beautiful property, amazing dedicated staff, food was great and the entertainment was awesome to say the least. I've traveled quite a bit and seen many different places but this trip was by far one of the best. We will most certainly be returning as we felt like we were home. The location is paradisiac and the entire staff are so kind that it is impossible not to fall in love with this place.

As many say, I do recommend the reusable cups, not only is it eco-friendly but you get a normal sized drink. However, for the first time in my life there was times where I was ashamed to be Canadian. Some people brought gallon sized reusable cups, kept complaining about everything and were so cheap they couldn't spare a peso. Yes this is an all inclusive but back home we tip for service so the same applies here. It's funny how the cheapest people are the most demanding and are eternally unsatisfied.

Long story short do not hesitate to come here, you won't regret it. Don't listen to the negative comments it's all about perspective. It's a beautiful place and everyone that works here will go out of their way to make you feel at home from the management staff to the gardeners and everyone in between. For the first time in my life I wasn't excited to come back home to the contrary, my daughter and I were both sad to leave. We have found our home away from home and though we just got back, we already can't wait to go to the Memories Flamenco again.

Room Tip: I would ask to be in Bungalow 2 or 3, it's right in front of the pool, behind the beach, next to...
7 Thank Marie-Sandra T
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We came back from another excellent vacation at Memories Flamenco, we just love the fact that we are at the hotel in about 4 hours from Toronto, check in at airport. Big welcome at hotel on arrival.

Beautiful swimming pool, excellent drinks, fun entertainment during the day by Rambo, Carlos, Darwin and my spanish teacher Franklin (muchas gracias!) Professional shows in the evening by the dancers. Yes, a must see is the Micheal Jackson show. Disco is great also.

Food is really good, large variety at every meal. The ala carte restaurants have really improved too. Service is always excellent, these people work so hard and still manage to have a smile on their faces.

Rooms are nice and cleaned daily.

Beach is excellent for snorkelling, swimming. Management is very visible and making sure everyone is having a good time and trying to improve the resort. We miss our friends and we will be coming back for a 5th time!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Roziatti
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very memorable stayed at Memories Flamenco. The place is amazing and breath taking. The staff from Management to the gardener are very friendly ,accommodating and pleasant.I was so stressed out on our arrival and out of reasoning but inspite of my attitude David ( one of the manager ) tried his best to calm me down and reassured me that everything will be put in place,Our room was neatly done every day and my sons room too,thanks to Tania.The bartenders are exceptionally friendly and deserve more recognition of their tiring work. I've been to 3 hotels in Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo but this Resort is top-notch.Beach BBQ ,water sports, pool side sports ,night entertainment to name a few was impressive.Very authentic staff. They deserve a 5 Stars rating.A wonderful place to celebrate Christmas away from home.

Room Tip: Junior Suite Ocean View Balcony.
5 Thank Nenita2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at Memories Flamenco was excellent all around, the resort is beautiful, the staff are perfect and the food was very tasty. Also the resort is in excellent condition and very clean. This trip was well worth the cost and was a very good value. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing week.

Stayed December 2013
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Memories_Flamenco, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for choosing our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.
Whenever you want to come to have another excelent trip we will be here waiting for you!!!
We have shared your review with all the Memories flamenco´s family, and we would like to have the opportunity to see you again.
Kind regards from your Cuban home,
Jesus Robledo