“Amazing family reunion of 18 persons”

and 1 more site!
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed July 6 to 13th. Our crowd was mixed with Seniors to young children. The Cuban people made the difference to our vacation. Carlos, beach towel shack, Michael - great paella every day. The Entertainment team second to none in Cuba. Members of our crowd who have visisted Cuban consistently over the years voted this Hotel among the best. Yenni made the best towel art and it was wonderful to come back to the room for a great surprise. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone and would return. We stayed in Bungalow 3 which was close to everything.

We left our baggage at the Hotel lobby on the day we were leaving to take pictures with the sign Memories in the background at the entrance of the Hotel. It appears that was when my son's backpack went missing. I was saddened that his favourite toys would be lost; one of the porters appeared with the his bag and everyone was joyous, however his DS and charger were gone. At that point we were in the bus just about to leave for the airport and it really didn't make sense to hold up the entire party to find it. I was crushed and was brought back to reality immediately.

I have chosen to think of this as our mistake for leaving our bags unattended and will not allow one foolish act to eptomize our vacation. We had blast up to that point and some family members are returning for Christmas vacations.

Room Tip: Bungalows 1 to 3 close to everything. Mosquito repellent and water shoes a must.
4  Thank AngelaDV
Memories_Flamenco, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for choosing our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

What a beautiful review of your recent family vacation in our resort. We are very happy reading that our staff made the difference to your vacation and we are really really proud also reading that part of your family who have visisted Cuban consistently over the years voted Memories Flamenco among the best.

We have shared your review with all the Memories flamenco´s family, and we would like to have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at Memories Flamenco from July 6-13. I have to say the day and night time entertainment were the best I have seen at a resort. I would for go back for sure! The food was good. I am not sure how anyone can say anything bad about this resort!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Lynn82_13

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous vacation at the Memories Flamenco Resort in Cayo Coca. We have been travelling to Cuba for the past 30 years and have stayed at a wide variety of resorts in Cuba. This resort was a pleasant surprise. We had heard good things about the Memories resorts and thought we would give it a try. We were glad that we did.
The check-in is handled on the bus so there is no waiting in line when you get to the resort-just go straight to your room. All hotels should do this but don't. The staff are excellent at this hotel. The beach service is great. All our servers at the restaurants and diamond club representatives went out of their way to make our trip as pleasant as possible.
Our room was clean and spacious. The food at all the restaurants was excellent. My husband enjoyed the gym and I spoiled myself at the spa.
The beach was beautiful for walking but at the moment you need to bring water shoes for swimming as there is a lot of coral to walk over to get to beautiful swimming. We had shoes so it wasn't a big deal. Apparently the resort is going to clear the beach of rocks and coral in September.
We would definitely recommend this resort for couples or families who are looking for a 4+ hotel and a great value for their money.

L. and M. Miller
Orillia

Room Tip: Any room in block 1-6 is good. Blocks 1 and 2 are closer to the action. Blocks 3 and 4 are closer...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Laura_M182145
Memories_Flamenco, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you very much for trust in Memories Beach resorts and thank you for choosing our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

We are really happy knowing that you had a wonderful vacation with us and we are very proud reading that you have been in too many resorts in Cuba during 30 years and our resort was a pleasant suprise.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived at the memories Flamenco beach Resort on July 4 and returned to Toronto on July 11 at 1:30 am. I would have to say this was a great resort. I have traveled to Cuba many times and this was by far the best!
Check in is done on the bus, this is excellent, you fill everything out and when you get to the resort you can go and find your room. Our luggage arrived about 20 minutes. Then we went to the snack bar to get a late night snack!
The beach is rocky and the coral is sharp but once you get past that you can go for miles on the sandy crystal clear waters, their is a ton of fish and things to see, my husband loves to snorkel and found some lion fish not too far fro shore. We did use our water shoes because if you stepped in the wrong spot the coral can be sharp!! I am glad I did as I traveled with a 7 year old and an 11 year old! The three of us used them every day, my husband did not. We spent many hours walking along the beach, collecting shells, and enjoying the water!!
\The poll was good, it did need to be cleaned up at times, cups and straws, also some nasty garbage by the pool area! Bathrooms always had lots of toilet paper etc. We never played the towel game and always had a shady spot to fit!
Pool Bar staff are excellent! Always served our children when they were thirsty and knew our drinks right away!! Always smiling and seemed to really like their job!!
The buffet was excellent! Lots of choice form grilling stations, prepared foods, pasta and pizza stations! So many choices we never went hungry! If you are very picky I am sure you can find something to suit you!
We did not take any excursions so i cannot comment.
Nightly entertainment was very good! Micheal Jackson show was good as well as the Cuban Show! Very talented! Nice to see a mini disco run for children every night!
This is the first time I have been seen off by hotel management and entertainment. Very nice touch! You can tell the manager is very involved with the resort, he is seen everywhere! Service is very important and we did not find anyone looking for tips! We did tip mind you but never felt we had to to get better service!
Our maid was excellent we were in room 4025, every day their was beautiful towel art to come back to - the children looked forward to this as well!
The price was right and the trip was excellent - i would return here in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: rooms 1 - 4 are close to everything but can be noisy at night if you sleep early chose outside this...
4  Thank Kyrapa

Dear Kyrapa,

Thank you for trust in our company Memories Beach resorts and thank you for choosing our new property in cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco Beach resort.

We are very proud reading that you have traveled to Cuba many times and this was by far the best! We are working hard everyday and we are offering our best service to our guest.

Director General I General Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have just came back from this resort and I cannot express my disappointment!!!
I can’t understand how people could say that it is excellent, and has very friendly staff?
The resort is marked as 5 star, but it can’t pull it even for 4.
Dirty rooms, tons and tons of mosquitoes, every where, in the room as well, old uncomfortable furniture everywhere, especially in the main lobby, you can't sit there and relax....
food is bad, bad, bad!!!! mostly not edible. We had to fight to get a second bottle of water per day, they said they have a rule, 1 water bottle and 1 toilet paper roll a day per room!!!! 5 star hotel indeed!!! to get to the beach you have to use lots and lots of steps.
NO!!! don’t go there!!!
For a few extra dollars you can go to a resort where they are happy to have you and not doing you a favor by hosting you.

13  Thank errrre
Memories_Flamenco, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us, that helps to improve our services and our quality standards.

We would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you had during your stay , and we are very sad reading your review on this website.
We are a new 5 star resort and we have NOT old furniture, all of them are new. Concerning the problemas you had, its a real pitty we couldn talk about it during your stay in order to satisfy you. Your satisfaction is our commitment and we are working every day thanks to the suggestions and comments of our guest.

We have already shared it with all the staff of our resort in order to take corrective actions to settle everything, and we would like to have the opportunity to see you again to welcome you personally and show you the reality of the Memories Flamenco beach resort.

Director General I General Manager

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are family of 8. Stayed there July 6- 13. We had a very good experience with all the staff. Service, Food, drinks are good. There are lots of choices at the buffet . We enjoyed the fresh food, juices at the buffet area. I would not go for the fancy dinners.
Beach area are good we brought beach shoe never used it!
We look forward the show after dinner my favorite was Broadway show and Micheal Jackson.
There was few a issue and we make sure to let them know but nothing big that would ruin our vacation.
I will recommend this resort for the price we payed!:)

Room Tip: Building 1-4 are close to everything. Higher lower is good if you don't have issue with stairs...
2  Thank Ritabradford10

Dear Rita Bradford,

Thank you for trust in our company Memories Beach resorts bly Blue Diamond hotel and resorts, and thank you for choosing our new property in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

We are very happy reading that your family vacation was a very good experience and you enjoyed our gastronomy.

Kind regards from the sunny and paradisiac Cayo Coco,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I returned on the July 2nd from a week at this fantastic resort. Upon arriving my family was greeted with drinks and the Memories theme song - which I still can't get out of my head.

We had time to take a walk around the beautiful resort before settling in to our rooms (Parents in one room, me and my sister in the other). Luggage was delivered shortly after. Once settled in, our first destination was the beach. The staff was incredibly friendly, you are greeted with a "Hola!" and smile by every staff member you encounter.

Upon arriving at the beach the view was breathtaking. There were many rocks and coral which you need to be careful of, but you can get safely in to the water by the dock. From there the water is clear and perfect. You swim with lots of interesting fish, which can especially be seen under the dock. Drinks were delivered on the beach by the staff (endless pina coladas for me). Music played all day, occasionally there would be entertainment on the beach - many games and dance lessons.

I was surprised about how good the food was. There is a huge variety at the buffet for breakfast, lunch and supper - even the pickiest of eaters (like myself) can find something they will enjoy. The snack bar is in close distance to the pool and beach, whenever you want something to munch on they had a nice selection of food there. My favorite was their delicious pizza and "putting" (poutine, haha).

The night entertainment was great, especially the Michael Jackson show. All the entertainment staff are incredible at what they do and I highly enjoyed every single one of their shows. The "disco" was an awesome little club to go to afterwards. The DJ was great, the music was very high energy and pumping. I only regret not bringing a friend along with me so that I could enjoy that night experience, everyone had their own family and friends so I didn't want to be the only one dancing alone. If you're younger and have friends coming along with you, you'll love the disco.

The room I was in was fantastic, I believe it was building #4. I had a perfect view of the water. The room was well kept, maids always left an awesome "blanket sculpture" when we tipped. Our drinks were stocked up every single day, whether we finished the previous drinks or not. At certain times the shower water would be cold to moderately warm, other times of the day it would get hot. The air conditioning was wonderful, I slept very well. Comfy beds. Always something to watch on TV (Some American and Canadian channels).

I had locked my key in my room at one point. I called the lobby in my parents room and within 10 minutes someone arrived with a replacement key. Water wasn't working at one point and the electrician came and fixed it quickly, great and quick service.

There is a bus that comes by every half hour/hour or so, which brings you to multiple other destinations. Upon arriving I expected a market inside of the resort, but you can take the bus (a fun double-decker) to the flea market - a 10 minute ride. There was a huge variety of items there to buy, beautiful work done by the locals.

All in all the resort was amazing and I will definitely be going back sometime in the future. I would highly recommend visiting this resort to anyone. Thanks Flamenco for the memories! :D

10  Thank Syche

Dear Syche,

Thank you very much for trust in our company Memories beach resorts by Blue Diamond hotel and resorts and thank you for choosing our new property in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

We are very happy reading your review because this will help to other travelers to choose our new resort in Cayo Coco located in Flamenco Beach 15 minutes from the Cayo Coco international airport.

Kind regards from your Cuban Home,