Memories Caribe Beach Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
See available hotels
Hotel Playa Coco(Cayo Coco)
  • Beachfront
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
IBEROSTAR Mojito(Cayo Coco)
Sol Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
  • Breakfast included
Melia Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
5,196 results
All reviewspiano bardiamond clubmini suiteoutdoor showerpizzafishfriesentertainment staffchickena la cartechurrosstir fryhot dogsbug spraywater balletpasta barbring your own
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this resort. I had a wonderful time. Met lots of new people and even a few couples from last April when I went.

A few changes had occurred during this trip!The best change was the new deck at the beach! . Such a convenience. In case you didn't want to be in the sun and had no shade on the beach, the deck was the perfect area to relax and have a drink.Also, I loved the idea of adding the market near the beach. It was so cute to see the things as you walked to the beach. Glad to see the main stage is getting a makeover too. Finally some shelter for times for when it rains!

Recognized a few of the staff as well. As it was my third time here, it feels like I was coming home away from home. Great to catch up with the staff. I noticed there was a lot of entertainment staff missing from last year. But the current staff still did very well even with the lack of people working.

The one disappointment I had was that I had realized too late that there was a dinner that everyone who was a "repeat client" was invited to join. It was my third time here and I wasn't invited to the dinner. Not sure if Public Relations had realized I had frequented the resort or not. Hopefully I get invited next year :P

The beach was, as always, amazing. I will agree with the few posts that there is a lack of chairs and shelter. I went at 3am one morning. Had reserved a seat and I came back at 9am the next morning and the seat was taken by someone else! Maybe more chairs and shelter would prevent that from occurring.

The food was great. Always alot of options. And the hours for bfast, lunch and dinner were long hours. The hours certainly gave you plenty of time to go freshen up before heading out to eat.

The waitstaff, entertainment and bar staff were phenomenal. Always friendly and asking if everything was ok. The only thing I would say is to maybe have more than 1 bartender at the pool bar. The line ups weren't as bad as last year, but there was still a lineup most nights. During the day, it wasn't as bad, but during the evening and night, the line ups were longer.

My maid, Lisabeidy, was wonderful. I had the chance to see her a few times when I went back to my room. She was always friendly and asked if there was anything else that I needed before she left. She did a very thorough job. I stayed in 3402, one of the suites closest to the beach. It's a great area. Lots of privacy and close to a second entrance to the beach. I'd recommend any of the suites as I've stayed in a few other suites near the same area, close to the beach. The rooms were always great. The AC wasn't working as well as previous times but I wasn't in the room except to sleep and change clothes so I wasn't too bothered by it. The al Fresco shower is by far the best feature of the suites! I loved being able to shower outside. Refreshing and you definitely can't do that in cold Canadian weather!

Another great feature is the piano bar. Both pianists that play there (I know one is Ishmael, but I was unsure of the others name), are so talented. I enjoyed it every night. I also noticed Ishmael played some mornings during breakfast and I believe at lunch too. It was so nice to hear the music while eating.

All in all, the vacation was another success! I had a wonderful time. The staff was great and the resort was clean. I will be back next year!

Room Tip: Suites are very convenient and close to the beach!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank charly5_13
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear charly5_13,

Thanks a lot for posting your opinion about your holidays in our hotel. We will congratulate the workers you mention because of their good job.
At Memories Caribe Cayo Coco we are committed to enhance and improve staff attitude and quality service.
Your review shows us that we are in the right track and still we have a lot to work to do.
Please, do not hesitate to let us when you are coming back and if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

After reading the reviews in Trip Advisor we thought we may have made a mistake-- however, the reviews were in our opinion incorrect. The resort was GREAT the Meals were more than adequate,the rooms were clean and well cared for, and, the resort staff was wonderful.
Yanet in the the buffet always greeted with her heart warming smile and careful attention to service, all the bartenders had fun doing their jobs and never let us down with our sometimes foolish requests, the ladies at the reception desk always helpful, and Kudos to Lumys at the customer service desk, she was always there to answer our questions and help when it was needed. If you don't have a good time here folks-- you need to pay more money,go to a 5 star and get less. We can't wait to go back.. Last but not least to Wilda in housekeeping, We will see you soon - love that smile.

Room Tip: !0 through 14 if you like quiet -- 20 thru 25 if you don't mind music - upgrade to a junior if you want a lake view or proximity to the beach
2  Thank JJW09

Hello JJW09,

It’s a pleasure to receive your opinion about your stay in our hotel. It is nice to know that you enjoyed it. We are pleased to receive your polite comments. Thanks a lot for having chosen our resort.
I'll pass along your review to all the workers you mention. Let us know in advance when you are planning to return and advised us in order to fulfill your needs.
At Memories we try very hard to make everyone feel happy and love caring, it looks we have accomplished that with you.
We thank you for coming here and for giving such a nice opinion about our resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

just got home from memories caribe, we had a 2 wk stay. we were there last april and decided to go again this yr. as we loved it so much. we were in building 24 which is clostest to the beach, we had paid for a top floor but wer given a bottom floor room, were told we could switch to top floor but decided to stay put. personal at memories are fantastic and try very hard to accomadate the guests. our ac was not working well and within an hr. maintanence was there to fix it. the beach as always was amazing, one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen. and yes we did have to get up early 4:45am to get a shade spot on beach but went back to bed after. no big deal. Jenny who was public relations and reservations for the a la carts was the sweetest person always making sure everything was going well. we also ran into several couples we had met last year which says alot about how much people love this place. we saw alot of new changes for the better, a new deck beside the beach bar with table and chairs, dancers every nite a buffet to usher you in to dinner. reception had new furniture and gazbo looked redone. new paint all over resort. in 2 wks. we had cool water for shower only once and a few small ants which the anttraps we took, took care of them. the food was good, they had sushi the 1st wk which i gobbled up. lol the drinks as always were yummy. the guests are mostly canadians 75% french and 25% english, did meet people from argentina, and england also. all in all memories caribe gives you an awesome bang for your buck. we will be going back a 3rd time. miss it already.

Dear vicki p,

It has been a pleasure reading your comment about your stay in our hotel.
It is very good to know that you had a very good time here and that all the workers treated you very well, as you deserve, all of them have already been congratulated for having brought you such a good service.
We invite you to come any other time.
Let us know in advance when you are planning to return and advise us in order to fulfill your needs.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Right from when we were let off the bus, to the end of our vacation, memories treated us very well! I travelled with my two friends, who both have never been to cuba. We are all 18, and it was the first time away without our parents. They loved it, and didn't want to leave! We travelled from April 16-24. It is a nice resort to get away.

The weather was awesome! Sunny days almost everyday. it rained twice while we were there. But only for about 20 minutes. Then it went back to being a great day. It was hot, but not humid.

The food was good! We didn't expect 5 star food, and we always found something we loved. Seemed to have been the pasta station, and the fresh loaves of bread that were ready to be cut for you. The breakfast was good, eggs cooked to order, omelets, meats, crepes, fresh smoothies, etc. We went to the International, and the Cuban a la carte restaurants. International was very good, but I didn't care for the dessert (homemade pudding). The cuban was also good, we all had the chicken, and the rice pudding. It was nice! The snack bar by the pool seemed to always be out of something, one day it was the poutine, the next, pizza, and then ketchup (they made their own after they ran out). The pizza was a big seller, and so was the hamburgers. The beach food was good as well, the cook made a special sauce to put on your food, a little spicy but it was good! The bar service was great! The bartenders can do some really cool tricks while making your drink, and the always can keep a smile on your face while doing so. They have 3 bars, beach bar, lobby bar, and snack bar. We were mostly at the snack bar, it was busy, but the drinks were good! P.s. make sure you go and get a churo(donut) from the donut man at the pool, they are to die for and worth the wait if you have to wait for them.

The room was clean, for the most part. We had some stains on our pillow, but if you flipped it over it was like it wasn't even there. The sheets were all clean, and the maid came in everyday and made the beds up nice for us (swans, bows). Our bathroom always had fresh toilet paper, but sometimes the maid wouldn't restock our towels, wasn't too bad though. One night we heard something falling from the ceiling in the bathroom so we went in and there were little rocks in our tub. Part of ceiling panels were broken so I pushed it back in the ceiling and that problem was fixed. Still, nothing too bad to ruin our whole vacation. Overall, our rooms were nice, and the fridge was always restocked.

The activities were always fun, but the only downfall was that when one activity started, the next would start during the first one. For example, there was a volleyball competition going on and halfway through they would start playing bingo. The disco was fun, a little dark, but fun. Usually the disco was empty until about 12-12:30, then people would start to come in and dance. It was open from 11-2 am. The beach had some fun activities that went on too, we did the aqua fitness one time, and man is it hard to move that fast in waist deep water. It was fun!

The shows at night time were very well done, while we were there they were working on a bigger theatre. So we watched them by the pool on a smaller stage, the dancers still managed to do a great job on the size of stage they had. One of the nights they had the show on the beach and then a disco on the beach, and that was probably one of the most fun we had at night. There was a huge group of about 40 french canadians who came as a zumba group and they all danced so well, and made others want to get up and dance with them as well! It was a very good night!

The beach was beautiful, clean sand, clean water, but the only downfall was finding a spot to sit! And also shade! Something bit one of us in the sand, and something stung another friend on the foot, we think it was a baby jellyfish because the pain was gone in a few hours, nothing serious. We went on the catamaran, free, he took us around the ocean for about 20 minutes, it was very fun, and recommend it!

We spent most of our time by the pool tanning, swimming, playing volleyball, and bingo! Oh and drinking!!! The pool service was good! The temperature of the pool was perfect for after laying in the sun, so refreshing!! And clean!

We tipped well I would think, we brought lots of things for the maid to keep, I left behind some heels, and all the bath things, along with some candles, some bags, chocolate bars, etc. She appreciated it very much. We tipped the bartenders the most I think, and they loved us for it. We were called their "babies" every time we came up.

Overall we loved it and would definitely come back again!! It was a wonderful vacation, and good value for was we payed for! Thank you Memories Caribe for giving us a great vacation!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Carsonemily
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Carsonemily,

We are so glad that you had a very nice time with us here in Cuba.
Thanks a lot for posting your opinion about your holidays in our hotel and for having chosen our resort.
It is nice to know that you liked it and that you will be returning.
It will be a pleasure to receive you once again; you’ll be very welcomed here!!!

Best Wishes,
Eynel Verdura Morales
Sales Commercial Hotel Memories Caribe

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I read reviews of this hotel extensively before going and I thought people were joking when they said you had to get up at 5am to reserve a shelter but it was no joke, coming out at 7am before breakfast you had difficulty finding a shelter. I was up at 4:45 am once and a lot of the good shelters were already taken. One tip is don't reserve the chairs the night before as security removes everything and takes it to lost and found. That is a major flaw with this hotel, so much room on the beach but not enough chairs and shelters.

Food was decent, you can tell they recycle food and try to recreate new dishes with leftover ingredients. Be careful as I noticed a lot of food were already bad, rotten corn, tomatoes and mouldy cheese. A la carte to me was food from the buffet decorated on a plate for you, I would choose the buffet for more variety. The food at this resort wasn't terrible but I found the food on Sunwing was a lot better. This resort has a hard time with keeping plates and cups stocked. Had to walk around to find a dinner plate. Also, bring reusable cups. This is very important because if you are taking the drink out it goes in a little plastic cup, even hot coffee.

We stayed in building 17, very close to the beach. I had email before arrival requesting a 2nd floor room and king size bed and i was accomodated. The tub was a bit run down but not a big deal. Overall nice room. Water pressure was low around 5ish onwards as everyone was probably taking a shower before dinner. I brought an adapter but did not need it. You can charge your devices in any outlet. One thing i did not like was that there was no chain on the door, the workers knock once and walk right in. The bolt doesn't stop them.

We went on the Jeep On excursion. This was very fun except for the 40 mins we spent in Moron. It was the longest 40 mins of my life as we were hounded by people asking for money. They try to sell you stuff you don't need. One man on the bench just looked at us and put his hand out for money. Someone asked for 25cents and I was going to give it to him but then if I give it to one person then everyone else will see it and come up to us because believe me, they were all watching the tourists like hawks. One annoying thing was that this guy walked up and said he recognized us from the hotel because he is a cook there. He said if we need anything we can ask him, he isn't trying to sell us anything he said, just wanted to help us out...well he wanted to sell us cigars, said come back in 10 mins and he will give us a deal. We thought nothing of it, we didn't want anything and we said no. So while we were waiting for our tour guide he comes over and said for us to come with him behind the building he had something to show us. I was horrified. I said no as the tour operator told us police arrest people who bought illegal cigars. He said no that is not true, well then why show it to us in secrecy?? I insisted on no, then he just took it out and tried to sell us a pack of cigarettes, not cigars for 10 pesos. We kept saying no and eventually he left us alone. I know not everyone is like that but it's people that lie that give everyone else a bad name. Our group was more than ready to leave. Overall the rest of the excursion was nice. The traditional Cuban meal was delicious. The crocodile farm was nice but they try to make money out of everything. Taking a picture with the bigger crocodile baby was free, but with the smaller one they charged money, even charged money to feed the crocs. I guess it's a poor country so they have no choice but to make money any way they can.

The best thing about this resort is it's beach. It had the most beautiful and crystal clear waters. You could also walk for miles either side of the beach. Some tips are, pedalboats can be taken out an hour at a time but you can only register for it by the hour, say 9, or 10 or 11. Even if you walk up to them at 10:30 and they have 3 sitting on the beach, they won't let you take it for more than half an hour. Also hobie cat reservations have to be made first thing in the morning as they get booked up fast, or so they say. Many times i see hobie cats sitting on the beach with no one using them.

Would i come back to this resort? Probably not, it was hard to get anyone to help you, tip or no tip. We ran into a couple of friendly and honest people and that was it. I would come back to Cayo Coco but definitely to another resort.

Room Tip: Building 17 was very close to the beach and ask for a 2nd floor room.
2  Thank workinggirl21

Hello workinggirl21,

Thank you for posting your opinions regarding your recent experience at our resort. We value very much your comments and you can be sure we will consider them. We do not have any problem in accepting we still have fields to improve, but at the same time we know we are doing many things right for guest's satisfaction.
We do not use leftovers to prepare new dishes, it is possible that due to the nonfulfillment of suppliers, some days we have had some restrictions in variety but we have already taken actions to avoid this to happen again.
Thanks a lot for writing us,