“Amazing resort, unforgettable vacation, wonderful experience.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Memories Caribe Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This will be a long review, but I thought I would do it while the memories are still fresh. It’s been only three days since we returned from Memories Caribe, but we already miss it and want to go back! Since we travelled with two kids (13- and 4-year- olds) and this was the first time we decided to stay for two weeks, I was very cautious selecting a resort to stay. Some of the reviews made me think twice, but I am really happy I didn’t listen to the negative comments that some people posted here and chose this resort.
It was our first time in Cayo Coco but not first time in Memories or in Cuba, and I have to tell you, as the title says, this was the best resort, the most unforgettable vacation, and we had the most wonderful experience ever! The beach is fantastic and beyond all expectations!!! The nature is absolutely fabulous!!! The variety of wildlife is stunning! You can walk (or jog) for miles and miles along the shore and every time you will see fish, birds, plants, sceneries, etc. that will take your breath away! Make sure your cameras are fully charged and have lots of memory. The unique location of the resort offers its guests a very rare chance to be surrounded by untouched tropical nature in all its magnificence and beauty. They offer a lot of excursions too, but those walks cannot be compared to anything, and you don’t have to pay.
The resort itself is squeaky clean. The gardeners and ground staff work really hard from dawn to dusk to keep the premises nice and clean. You will not see litter lying around, trash being blown by the wind. You can safely walk barefoot without being afraid of cutting feet on broken glass or open cans. Although there are many garbage bins on site, there are some idiots who still drop their junk on flowerbeds and walkways. When this happens, the junk is immediately cleaned by the ground personnel. We have never stayed in a cleaner resort than this one.
We stayed in bungalow 4301. Our room was cleaned quite well. Occasionally, we did have some minor housekeeping glitches, but it only took a phone call to the front desk, and everything was promptly fixed with apologies. These things happen in any resort. We did not have any maintenance problems; neither did we have any issues with hot water or the pressure. It was a very nice accommodation, very conveniently located just a few steps from the beach, which was just what we needed and wanted. The view from the bungalow was spectacular: the turquoise Caribbean water that we could see through the coconut palm trees that grew right in the “backyard”. It was a very quiet part of the resort except for Thursday nights. Every night the resort holds night entertainment programs, which are very bright, lively and wonderful events. On regular days, when the show is over, those who want to continue go to a disco club. The club is open until 2 am. Thursday nights, the resort holds beach parties, and when the show is over the party goes on on the beach until 1:30 – 2 am, and it gets really very loud. Because it is just a few meters away from the bungalow, there is no way to fall asleep until the music is turned off. I think the vacationers who stay by the beach would really appreciate if the after-party entertainment were moved to the disco club instead of staying on the beach.
The food was absolutely amazing. Believe it or not, it was! The chefs do a great job! It was always fresh, there’s always something to choose from, and it was totally delicious! Presentation and originality of some dishes can truly compete with those courses from Food Channel shows. I have heard and read a lot about Cuban food and how “average” it is. Well, let me tell you a secret. Cuba is probably one of the few places on earth where you can still enjoy the taste of real, not-genetically-modified, not-crammed with preservatives, chemical-free, and truly healthy food. It might taste differently from the food that we are used to, but it does not make it blunt, boring or inedible!
The staff is worth of being praised the most! Those people are true professionals, and they go above and beyond to make your stay truly memorable and pleasant. The servers in the buffet restaurant are superb. Yahima and Yudis (I am sorry if the spelling of the names is wrong), who work in the outside section of the restaurant and serve breakfast and lunch, are more than just nice and very polite staff. They made our stay really enjoyable. Apart from the impeccable service, they always asked us how our day was, whether we enjoyed the beach, etc. Yahima knew that I would want my red wine for dinner, and the kids would go with sprite and orange juice. She would get the drinks ready for us as soon as she saw us coming in! Those small talks and very cordial and friendly attention made us feel home away from home.
If you are travelling with kids, you may be absolutely sure the kids will not get bored. The resort offers tons and tons of activities and various forms of entertainment both for kids and adults. Dayani, who works at the daycare and hosts mini-discos and evening entertainment for little one, is really great with what she is doing! My 4-year-old son absolutely fell in love with her and always impatiently waited for the games and contests that were offered by Dayni and her colleagues from the daycare. My 13-year-old daughter was always busy playing volleyball on the beach and in the pool and soccer by the gym. All those activities were organized by the sports staff whose names I do not remember, but they are awesome and very energetic, friendly and engaging people. They never rest and full of ideas! The resort can be proud of having them on staff.
The night shows are totally awesome!!! The dancers are breathtaking! Their professionalism and the passion they perform with are stunning and incredible! I wish I had remembered all their names, but elegant Juliette, graceful Danaya, sexy Umberto, mysterious Leo and other dancers will make your nights truly unforgettable. Another thing that is completely out-of-this-world and totally terrific is aqua ballet! The resort offers this show on Sunday nights and, trust me, there are no words to describe the beauty, elegance, chic and classiness of the show. I never saw anything like this although I have seen a lot!
I would also like to say a few words about the management. To say that those people do a fantastic job is really not to say anything. This is one of the few resorts where the management really cares about the guests and do want to make sure the guests are safe and do enjoy their stay. Have you seen a lot of hotels on tripadvisor where somebody from the management comments reviews on a regular basis? I haven’t. So, if you have anything to say and have any concerns, let them know, and, I assure you, you will be heard.
Thanks a lot to each and everyone from the staff of Memories Caribe Beach Resort for making my vacation truly fantastic! Will I go there again? Absolutely!!!! Will I recommend it to my friends? Definitely YES!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank MiroToronto
eynel v, General Manager at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear MyroslavToronto,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at our resort. Thanks a lot for taking some of your time to upload your recent experience at our hotel. Your feedback has been of great value for us and we’ll share the comment with our staff. They will be glad to know that among all, our team was able to go beyond your expectations. Do not hesitate to contact us for your upcoming holidays and we’ll be more that happy to welcome you again.

Best regards,
Valerio Lanzarotti

Write a ReviewReviews (5,074)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my second stay at Memories Caribe. ( First time it was called Blue Bay Resort) I stayed from Jan. 5-19, 2013, and though I was quite pleased the first time, my second stay was by far, so much better.
This was my fifth time in Cayo Coco, and I'm becoming a regular at the airport as well.

I was very impressed about Sunwing, having me already booked into the hotel while we were on the bus. It saves a great deal of frustration, lining up at the front desk.
I was also remembered by the staff at the front desk immediately and it just got better from there.
When I asked about my room, I was told that I would be pleased with it, and I was. The porter had my luggage there within 15 minutes of my arrival, and the barman was putting beer in my fridge. Does it get any better??LOL.
I am not a wealthy person, but I find that tipping, in a generous way, at the start of your stay, is a great way to be known and treated like VIP, by the staff. We are wealthy, by their standards, so shake out the moths, and live a little.
I tipped the porter, the barman and the maid that would clean my room during my stay, and made three people very happy. I felt the gratitude, my whole stay.
My room was very clean upon my arrival, and was kept that way, with clean sheets and towels replaced regularly. I was on the ground floor, and had no issue with bugs, at all.
Upon cleaning up, and heading out for a beer, I was literally blown away, by the staff members who not only remembered me, but most had warm handshakes, and hugs. A great feeling.
I'll start with the buffet / dining room. I am horrible with names, but I met and spoke with the new chef. He has been there about 4 months now, and in my opinion, is doing a great job.
Not only was he approachable, but I saw him working and making sure things were in order, almost every time I ate at the buffet.
I am somewhat of a party guy, so I don't make all the meals, LMAO, but I eat well when I need to. I am a big fan of breakfast though, and I smoke, so I sit in the outside part of the dining area, where, for both of my stays, I was treated like VIP, by a very special Lady, named Odalis.
I listened to people complain about the food in Cuba for years, and my recommendation to those people, is, stay home. Cuba is a beautiful country, with beautiful people and fabulous social skills. It is not the fault of the people, that they don't have all the bells and whistles, and / or take out service that we have in Canada. For the most part, the food is bland, and shy of spices. Take your own, they won't mind. I take instant coffee, and a bottle of ketchup, and share with a lot of people. It works for me!!!
Cayo Coco has very beautiful beaches, that are kept very clean, by the beach staff. Tip these guys well, and you can get the same spot every day. The water is "BLUE", clean and warm.
The front desk. I was never disappointed, with any questions or concerns that I presented to them. I actually approached them on behalf of other guests concerns, and repairs or in-frequencies were taken care of immediately.
Look for Eddie, at the snack bar by the pool. By the way, the pool is great, and cleaned daily.
Eddie is my buddy. You tell Eddie that you know Terry, the mailman from Canada.
It may not get you extra fries, cheese on your pizza, or a better burger, but you'll make a new friend, and Eddie is a good friend to have.
The bars. Memories Caribe has great bars. The bar on the beach is always busy, but has some great Bartenders. Money talks there, my friends. It doesn't have to, but it does. Catch my drift. LOL.
If you're feeling fancy? Wanna dress up? There is a very warm, and appreciative Piano bar/ lounge, where some of the best drinks in Cuba are prepared. The Mango Daiquiri is my fave.
There is also, top notch piano playing, that can inspire everyone to sing along.
Now, if you are really lucky, you'll meet my best friend Ricardo. You never know where he'll be.
He could be at the snack bar, He may be at the Disco, or maybe at the Piano lounge.
Ricardo is my favorite friend at Memories Caribe. Approachable, super friendly, and more than happy to help you out. A great guy, that Memories should embrace, warmly.
The disco is great, the tunes are loud, but repetitious. Myself, I take a sound dock, music from home, and party at the snack bar. We sometimes see the sun rise. LOL
I always meet excellent people on these trips, and this trip was no different. Especially when they live so close to me in Canada.
Memories Caribe is a great place to stay. The staff will work very hard to ensure your pleasure, safety, and comfortability. The rest is up to you my friends!!!
Message me if you like. Happy Trails.

Room Tip: 20 to 24 seems goods
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Terry O
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hello TerribleTerry0658:

It was a pleasure reading your review, but most of all the great experience you had at our Resort.
At Memories we try very hard to make everyone feel happy and love caring, it looks we have accomplished that with you.
I'll pass along your review to the workers you mention, they will feel very proud.
Please, do not hesitate to let us know when you are coming back for if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was in this resort with my family for Christmas and New Year, 2 weeks period.
Beach is unbelievable, long (you can walk), clear water. These beaches are even better than Varadero.
Hotel is very good, We have no problems.
The only issue we found were the canadians, very rude. Some examples:
They smoke on the beach and through the cigarretes in the sand. In Canada they don't do that.
They drink until they fall, after they complain about the cubans not putting enough alcohol in the drinks. Imagine if they do.
They eat like animals, plates with a mountain of food. Later they complain about feel sick.
They bring food to the swiming pool and leave plates and glasses every where.
CANADIANS BEHAIVE or you need the government all the time telling you what to do????
Congratulation to the Resort and the people who work there. Amazing Job!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank mm o

Dear mmo,
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience on this site. We hope we’ll be welcoming you again for your next holidays on this Caribbean spot that will give you a big smile to have fun and an amazing beach to enjoy golden sands and crystal clear beach waters. Do not hesitate to contact us in advance for your returning stay. It will be a pleasure to assist you.
Up to we meet again,
Get our best regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I went to Cuba Cayo Coco, Memories Caribe Beach Resort from Feb 12 to Feb 19. The hotel, food, beaches, and entertainment were decent as all in Cuba. I want to share our experience about only one morning. On Monday morning the ocean was cold and we decided to stay on a pool till lunch. When we came to the pool we found that more than half of the pool chairs were dirty with white foam (later we found that it was a chlorine). People were walking around and asking staff for clean chairs. We found our friends who were lucky to get a clean pool chairs. Suddenly, the staff started dumping and rinsing the dirty chairs, which were soaked with chlorine, in to the pool. It was a shock for all of us and especially for my wife and her friend as they both RNs (Registered Nurses). My wife run to the lobby to complain and prevent further contamination of the pool. I approached one the guys who was rinsing the chair in the pool and pointed that he cannot do this. He told me that this is OK because it is only chlorine. After a few minutes we sow the office guy talking to the staff and they notify everyone that the pool now is closed for swimming. They continue rinsing the chairs and brushing the edge of the pool socking the brash in the barrow. I looked inside the barrow. Guess what? There was a dirty solution with what I would not even wash my driveway. They assumed that if they use chlorine then it is safe to dump everything into the pool including the dirt, lotions, sprays, sweat, etc that was removed by chlorine from the chairs. I am attaching the pictures of this unfortunate morning.
We believe that the pool cleaning should be done in the early morning when no people around and rinsing the chairs into the drain but certainly not in the pool.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IgorMississauga
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We travelled to this resort from February 10-17. Right from when we landed we were having a great time! We had wonderful service at the airport with one gentleman in particular helping us with everything. We travelled with 4 adults and 5 children two of which are 1.

When we got to the hotel we headed to our rooms with the assistance of one of the bell boys. Or room was very clean towels were there.

The food was very good just a little repetitive after the week. The menu did not vary much from day to day but the fresh chicken, pasta bar, omelette station, and fish station were always winners with our group. We did bring peanut butter, hot sauce and ketchup and were glad we did. They have ketchup but it is just a little more like BBQ sauce. We left our unused peanut butter and hot sauce there for someone else to enjoy.

The beach is unbelievable! The pool is very nice! We found with both areas no problem finding loungers though sometimes hard finding some in the shade.

Or only real complaint about the trip was the kids club. Well the girls who worked it were amazing when they were there it was hard to find them there even during the posted hours and sometimes it would take a couple trips to the front to get someone there. This is not a staff issue but a management issue. They have these people doing pool entertainment among other things so it is hard for the to be everywhere at once.

We did come across some very rude pele that should be ashamed of there Behavior just ignore them and don't let it ruin the amazing atmosphere this hotel has. The people who work here are amazing and I am sorry I can not remember all of there names but a few amazing ones are Orlando from the pool bar. Dianne and Oyessa from the kids club. Thank you everyone who made our vacation a spectacular one and we will be back!!!

One more thing I went to the spa during the week and had a pedicure, facial, and massage for $39!!!! The pedicure I could have done with out it was nothing more then a polish change really. But the massage itself was MORE then with the money!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Showmanmom
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Showmanmom:

It has been a pleasure to read your comment about your stay in our hotel.
It is very good to know that you and your children had a very good time here and that all the workers treated you very well, as you deserve, all of them have already been congratulated for having brought you such a good service.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future and that your stay be as nice as this one, or better.
Let us know in advance when you are planning to return and advise us in order to fulfill your needs.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was our 4th visit to Cuba (twice to Holguin, once to Varadero). This resort is clean, beaches wonderful, the food the best we've had so far and we can't say enough about the staff. Everyone (from front desk, to cleaning & grounds staff) was friendly and helpful. Best we've encountered so far.
We found the Diamond Club worth the little extra we paid for it. Check in at the airport before loading on the bus was a bonus. The "reserved" beach was less crowded in the morning but by afternoon I doubt all those bathers were DC (nobody checking). Servers on the beach were all but non existent. But it wasn't a long hike to the bar - so not a problem for us. We found the DC exclusive lounge handy as well. Usually quiet; snacks and a good variety of drinks on hand to help yourself. Good lighting too for card games.
Only two areas we felt could use improvement. Clean beach towels (hard to come by) and a better selection of international alcohol and wines would be nice.
Overall, absolutely worth the money.

Room Tip: We were in the 1100 series and we were close to the buffet but perhaps the furthest from the beach...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank loxtbet

Dear loxtbet:

It’s a pleasure to receive your opinion about your stay in our hotel. It is nice to know that you enjoyed it. We are pleased to receive your polite comments. Thanks a lot for having chosen our resort.
We hope to see you soon over this paradise; at Memories Caribe we are trying to improve every day and keep customer happy and willing to come back.
All comments are always taken into account and we are pleased to receive them all.

Best regards,

Stayed February 9-16th, 2013

The good:
The food was good with lots of variety and flavour. Probably the best in all four resorts we have been at in Cuba.
The pool was very nice and clean.
The service at the buffet and a la Carte and front desk was good.
The room we had was spacious and cleaned every day.
Check in was done at the airport as you boarded the plane and you got to go straight to your room after a welcoming super sweet cocktail and your luggage was delivered to your room within 15 minutes of your arrival.

The Bad:
When we booked online we requested a king bed and no ground floor. We got the bed but a ground floor and nothing available on a second floor.
The pool bar was very hard to get service. They should have a bartender on the pool side as well as the smack bar side.
The beach was great but beware of the fleas, they are everywhere on the resort.
They never have enough food at the snack bar for the clouds they get. So get there early if you want food.
They do need more staff.

Would I go back? NO. For the price we paid it was not worth that. We love Cuba and would go back but to Varadero. I usually say it is Cuba after all but this resort needs a lot to be worth what they charge for a stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank bellefemme77

Dear bellefemme77:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Memories Cayo Coco. Memories values every guest's point of view and respects them. You can be sure that I will pass along your comments to all our staff. As a company we are committed to improve our facilities and grounds, so we are working hard to improve our service and attitude. We are very sorry for the problem you had with your room and we tried to do everything we could but it was not possible due to a fully booked hotel.
We hope to welcome you anytime in the fufure and that your stay be a very nice one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Coco
#2 of 12 in Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
#7 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Memories Caribe Beach Resort? Share your experiences!