“Resort and staff were Amazing”

Memories Caribe Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
sarnia,ont,Canada
“Resort and staff were Amazing”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I just spent a glorious week Sept 24 to Oct 1 2012, at Memories caribe cayo coco. Right from the time we landed all the way thru check in was so effficient.front desk staff was welcoming and professional. As she probably never gets Mentioned the lady at the bank , was so friendly and always meet u with a beautiful smile and wonderful service. The resort itself was keep clean and the grounds and gardens were kept. The beaches were amazing probably one of if not the best i have ever seen and I have travelled to may different carribeane countries. The service at the buffet was commendable and the chefs at the cook stations were fantastic. Selection was great as well,always found something to tempt our palates. Staff at the snack bar was very entertaining with there juggling and extreme willingness to please the tourists.Stock up on the Pizza though..its a big hit and u should not run out. Drinks were good and never did they skimp on the strength of them.WOULD WE RETURN ...ABSOLUTELY. First time ever we have considered returning to the same one!We will be returning with our son. See you in January 2013 Memories!!
Dave and Gloria (Room 1716)

Room Tip: we were in block 17 18 and it was centre to everything ..perfect location..ask for a balcony u wont...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dave E
SalvadorDCayoCoco, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Dave E:
Thank you for considering coming back to the same place, it’s a privilege to be the one you prefer among others. We will wait for you and your family back on January and will give you all a warm welcome. Let us know in advance when you are planning to return and advised us in order for us to fulfill your needs.

Best Regards,
Sales Commercial Hotel Memories Caribe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just came back from my solo trip to Cuba. At first, I was worried because I dont know anyboby. Iam a Cancun fanatic for 15 years. I always go to Cancun 2 to 3 times a year, and I always call it my playground, until I discovered Memories Caribe. When I arrive right there and there I knew I will really have a good time even though I was alone. These people make you feel so welcome and accepting that you forget that you are by yourselp. The staff at the lobby and the front desk are "crazy,' but in a good way. They are so funny, and, when they knew I was alone they assured me that in 30 mins. I will not be alone anymore. They were right. Mercy, the front desk clerk even went out of her way and introduce to some Canadian tourist that was at the lobby. And I tell you guys, from that moment I was not alone. The food was very good and plentifull. Service in the restaurant were excellent. And again the service staff in the buffet are also " Crazy". I guess the word spread rapidly that Iam alone. So, the staff tried to make me feel really at home. The second day I was not feeling really that great because I started to feel a chill and Zuzel, the front desk manager heard it from the maid, and she surpirised me when a waiter came to my room with a chickem soup. WOW, is that service or what. I cant believe this. I have not been treated this royally in my life. I want to thank Simon for that. Little things means a lot especially when you are travelling alone.I'd really want to thank the wonderfull staff for taking good care of me, making me so welcome as if they knew me for a long time. I had the pleasure of meeting Ernesto, the food and beverage manager, and told him what Zuzel and Simon did for me. I salute to you Ernesto for having such wonderfull and caring staff. You I always say, when you go on vacation its all fantansy and you guys made my fantasy came true. Everything you guys did for me was a RED CARPET and DIAMOND STAR service. I will be back, because I found my second home. Muchas gracias, hasta lluego.

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank edmond2
Dear edmond2:
It was a pleasure reading your review, but most of all the great experience you had at our Resort. We hope to see you soon over this paradise; at Memories we try very hard to make everyone feel happy and love caring, it looks we have accomplished that with you. I'll pass along your review to all the workers you mention. Let us know in advance when you are planning to return and advised us in order for us to fulfill your needs.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a last min trip beginning of Oct. As always the beaches in Cuba do not disappoint. The sand goes on and on. The water is clear and clean. The resort is clean with staff who care and take pride in their work. I found Suleydi at the front desk helpful and friendly...Yidsi the waitress in the lobby always served us with a smile and quickly learned what we desired...we found the landscaping team well run...aways love the gardens in cuba. The food at the resort was good...I enjoy natural and simple food ...desserts and breads fab..not a steak and potatoe menu...which I am not a fan. One has to adapt to the surrounding and enjoy the offerings. An exceptional value for the price. Ready to go again. Recommend if you are looking for a low key vacation.
PS had an issue at check in which was quickly resolved by management....Ernesto and Otoniel truely went beyond expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank anirant
SalvadorDCayoCoco, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear anirant:
We are glad to know that our hotel and its workers fulfilled your expectations and that you had a great time in it. We will congratulate the workers you mention in your comment. We will wait for your return and you’ll have a warm welcome.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have been to this hotel at least 12 times maybe more...The staff them selfs make this hotel one of the very best i have stayed in. From the front desk staff,John,Zuzel,Suleidy,Igeiny, maykelis are so welcoming an graet at there jobs i had to write this reveiw an thank them all for another wonderful time.. they go above there jobs to make everyone enjoy an love this hotel.. the bus boys Yosbany, Wilber an Vairo always so welcoming with smiles that make you feel right at home.. great job guys...the staff at the lobby bar Armando Pomaies, Yamisley, Sandro an Yidsy always so welcoming an great at what they do.. an they all do so much to make your vacation the very best an make your drinks the way you like.. perfect service..i would like to also thank Yoanis for great service.. she always makes my moring with her great smile an services.. i hope i havent left anyone out cuz they all deserve a big thank you for there great work an kind smiles.. even the grounds men are such hard workers. I go to this hotel so offten i notice all the hard work that goes in to makeing this hotel number 1 on the island... I have been to other hotels in Caya coco an by far this hotel is the very best.. staff is best bunch of people you want in a hotel.. they will an do go above what you ask an smile knowing they have made your stay a great one.. as for the food it just keeps getting better an better every time i stay.. thank you all for welcoming me into your family an makeing my stay so increadable.. the rooms are clean an up to date. i could never say i had 1 issue with my room.. an if there is just let the front desk will see that it is taken care of ... the beach bar staff an the beach boys are just the best for service. again always happy to make your stay a great time.. i started this reveiw thanking all staff cuz they really do deserve a big thank you for job well done! As for the food like i said earlyer it just gets better an better every time lots to choose from an never runs out..AWWW now the beach.. i have been to so many islands an this beach is just one of the best i have ever seen.. blue waters clear an clean an again the staff works so hard to keep it the best.. Thank you all again for another perfect vacation...this hotel is clean an safe an up to date. I travel alone there alot an i have never had a problem.. its a great hotel for so many reason its hard to list them all.. great for familys, kids always are well care for an kept happy with the great staff to watch over them.i can not say enough about this hotel an i would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to spend your vacation.. Again a great big thank you to all the staff for making this hotel the very best on the island.. and a great big thank you to the front desk John,Zuezel,Suleidy,Iginy,Maykelis, at the front desk. Yamisley,Armando Pomaies, Sandro, Yidsy at the lobby bar.. an so many more to thank.. great job to all! i can not wait to return they just make your Vacation the best it can be... i love this hotel an staff an i hope you too will go an see for your self what a wonderful place it is.. if i had to pick the best part of this resort i say it was the staff an when you see how increadble the beach is you will no you i have come to best hotel on the island... Thank you all at Memories Caribe Resort.. I will Be back again an again just for the service. Enjoy your Stay an you will be back too! also i like to say a great big thank you to Jerry an judy that work at the airport.. you too have made my time in Caya Coco most pleasnt

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank liann c
eynel v, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear liann c:

It has been a pleasure to read your comment about your stay in our hotel.
It is very good to know that you had a very good time here and that all the workers treated you very well, as you deserve, all of them have already been congratulated for having brought you such a good service.
Let us know in advance when you are planning to return and advise us in order to fulfill your needs.

Best Regards,
Valerio Lanzarotti
General Manager Hotel Memories Caribe
Ottawa
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hey Everyone,

Let me first say this was my first time travelling to a "Vacation" spot and I travelled for the first time alone. I booked my ticket on the Wednesday and I was in Cuba on the Saturday so it was very last minute. Truth be told it was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

What I really wanted was to just get away for a bit, but I was lucky enough to have gone to Memories Caribe where the staff was excellent, the because was second to none and everything else was completely fine. I didn't have one problem with the resort and, I can't express this enough, the staff was absolutely incredible. My servers stopped asking me what I wanted to drink because they already knew and it was great to speak with them and have them around. Everyone was extremely helpful and I will definitely be returning in the future.

Despite travelling on my own I was able to meet some people and have a great week. If you are looking for a spot to visit in Cuba for your first time, I would highly recommend visiting everyone at Memories Caribe!

Room Tip: Second Floor with always be better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Flipz
Dear Flipz :
It is a pleasure to read your comments on our resort; it is nice to know that you liked it and that you will be returning. All comments are always taken into account and we are pleased to receive them all. It will be an honor to receive the next time you come to Cuba, our doors are opened. Thanks a lot for having chosen our resort.
Montreal
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My 5th visit to the hotel in the past two years! Since sunwing took over there have been many many changes. Yes some of the changes are taking time but they are working on it. The reason I return to this resort time and time again is the beach and the staff. I have been all over cuba and the caribean and this is home to me.

Oscar and his animation team are #1 on the island. They are all very dedicated to their job and are all very professional. They work crazy hours every day and always have a smile on their face no matter what. You can really tell that they love their work and that Oscar treats them well. They are a very strong team and they are a huge asset to the resort!

The beach at Memories Caribe is the nicest on the island. The water is shallow (great for families) and is very clean and you can walk forever! Again I have been to almost every other resort on the island and have also visited many many parts of cuba and Caribe has hands down the nicest beach.

The food has already been improved and is improving even more. Much more selection at the buffet (not sure why they hide the bananas sometimes? but you can always find something good to eat and if you have any special requests they are happy to help you and make the food to your liking.

The hotel still needs some improvements (updating the linens etc) but overall they have added many offers and are working now on the esthetics around the buildings, front entrance etc. This is a 4star hotel in CUBA! Please remember how much you paid for this hotel and that it is CUBA! This is not a 4star in Mexico and is not the price of a 4star in Mexico either so please do your research before booking and talk to your travel agent to have a good understanding of what you are getting. This is an amazing resort and I will return again and again for the quality vs price. I can vacation here 3 times a year instead of once in Mexico or elsewhere....

If I did have one complaint about this hotel it is that the Overal General Management of the hotel is not very good right now. Thank god for the rest of the employees who keep the hotel running properly as without them this hotel would be headed downhill! I know that they have changed managers a few times over the last year or two and perhaps its the inconsistancy that is the problem but there seems to be no standards!!! It is not acceptable that bars run out of utensils and glasses and beer!!! Many guests told me that they saw the general manager yelling at employees in public! Does he have any management experience at all??? Hopefully something is done about this because if not then they will lose the motivation of the entire team and the hotel will be headed downhill.

Regardless of this last comment I still love this hotel and as long as I keep getting the service I get and as long as it keeps improving I will head back again and again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any information or if you have any questions regarding this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Travelgirl_0288
SalvadorDCayoCoco, Director of Sales at Memories Caribe Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Travelgirl_0288:
Thanks a lot for posting your opinion about your holidays in our hotel. All comments are always taken into account and we are pleased to receive them all. Thanks a lot for having chosen our resort. It is a privilege to receive you each time you come to Cuba. You’re very welcomed here!!!
Mirabel, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First let me say that negative feedback that people write from a resort should be consider as personal opinion and does not really mean that a resort is as bad as people say. People sometime tell me that the Flamenco is way better then the Memories Caribe,personaly i could'nt say,never been to the Flamenco but one thing that i know is what i'v seen at the Memories Caribe. First the check-in was really fast due to the point that we took the Diamond Club option. Room was ready at our arrival but was'nt what we expect. But as soon as Jenny & Aliuskar took the case in their own hands, by the end of the afternoon the case was solve. We had a room selected for us that would'v fit great if it would'nd have been for the ''wise lady'' who cleary took our room for her and never wanted to move out. But Jenny & Aliuska were there once again back to the starting point but never let us down cause we had way better then the other room,we had a mini-suite about 25' from the pool. Jenny & Aliuska are professional and way ahead from all other public relation person that i met in my many trip down south. There's so much i could tell you about these two fine and hard working ladies. Talking about front desk clerk let's talk about John who is dynamic and allways in for solutions, no matter waht problem you might have and over all this he speaks a suprising mighty good French,English and of course Spanish. Thumbs up to my body John.Unfortunately i could'nt remember all of the bar tender's name but what a show they give while fixing up your favorite drink. Most of the cooks at the snack-bar are allways smilling even wgen they work a 24 hrs round shift. And what to say about all,now i mean ALL of the staff at the restaurant A la carte. No matter in witch section you sit, Maryland,Yaisimy,Sahomay and Aliany (hope i wrote your names the proper way otherwise all my appologies) were allways ''walking the extra mille'' to make you feel part of the familly. You guys were so terrific for all you did. This hotel may not be exactly the top of a 5 stars but for it really deserve all of my admiration for the hard work,the proffesional way and let's not forget the human way you treat people. One thing's for shure,the Memories caribe made me really feel like bieng home and from now on every time i'll be back there it'll be exactly like coming home. Big thanks to all of you. Sincerelly your friend Guy PS/ I'm a travel agent from Canada and my opinion is exactly what i'll tell to all of my customers!

Room Tip: Just see Jenny she's a Pro as well as Aliuskar who's so nice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank InfoCuba
Dear InfoCuba:

It is very nice to know that you had a great time in our hotel and that you enjoyed it.
Thanks a lot for posting your opinion about your holidays in our hotel. We will congratulate the workers you mention for their good service. We will wait for your return in your next holidays and will welcome you as if it were the first time.

Greetings,