All reviews soggy dollar laid back great harbour bay villa free bar every morning jeep rental ferry dock our honeymoon incredible views amazing vacation pain killers foxy's taboo two couples restaurants and bars st thomas day trip
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I have been traveling to the US & British Virgin Islands since the late 70's. I had the most amazing luck and managed a trip to St Thomas for work while I was in the Coast Guard and absolutely fell in love with it and put in for duty there and got it. I made very frequent trips over to the BVI -- in those days, we didn't worry about having to clear customs when traveling between the islands - and while they insist it was 9-11 that changed all that, I'm pretty convinced its the almighty dollar and British pound that is the real reason. I honestly can't imagine any terrorist activity taking place in the Virgins other than good ol' Mother Nature!! But enough about that!
White Bay Villas, built by a guy by the name of John Klien who I have never personally met but I'm told has been going to Jost as long as I have - and my first trip was in 1978! John has done an amazing job of constructing, what I believe, are the finest places to stay on Jost. The villas are very comfortable, sturdy and have everything you need to enjoy your trip regardless of how long you will be there! I always do some provisioning shopping before arriving for snacks, breakfast stuff to cook and the makings for at least 1 day of staying home and grilling lunch or dinner. They always have our food picked up at the dock and stored in the villa before we arrive. Maria and Lisa are nothing short of awesome, Maria is the Manager and Lisa is one of the workers - they will take care of anything you need and have all the advice you need for your stay on the rock. With fun in the sun on the agenda every day, its really nice having a comfortable villa to return to at night. :) We stayed at the Agave - one of the Hillside Villas (my second time in this particular one) and I think it offers the best view of any place I've ever stayed in. Its actually hard leaving the view and going down to White Bay!! LOL -- its hot in Jost in June and the AC really can't handle the heat very well, but that is to be expected - we did OK but if you can't deal with heat, then I would look to the cooler months for a visit because the AC simply can't deal with it. But if there is anything you need, it really is just a phone call away to Maria or mention it to Lisa on her morning stops to see if everything is ok!! (I gotta tell ya, I really looked forward to her stopping by and chatting with us -- super sweet lady!). A full, well appointed kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms and baths (one upstairs with the kitchen and living room and one downstairs. A great deck which becomes the gathering spot with a fabulous view of White Bay. All the amenities needed and if there's anything you forgot - somehow they will get it for you!!
Jost is in pretty good shape 9 months after Irma - the vast majority of the places are open for business. Foxy's (although Foxy's Taboo was a complete loss) - but Foxy of course wrote a song about it and played it for us when we stopped, Ivan's (not really the same place now that Ivan is sick and it is being run by his daughters), Corsairs (Vinny is alive and well and is serving up libations and food), of course Soggy Dollar - the obligatory stop for Pain Killers - are all alive and well. Now lets get a little off the beaten path and start with my favorite place - Coco Loco's!! Coco Loco's has always been one of my favorites - my old friend Wendell is hard at work and Coco's is already the best place on the Rock! I expected to just stop and make sure Uncle Wendell and his family were ok and make a contribution to help him get open and he was already open and served up the best food I had on Jost. The West Indie food that comes out of his kitchen is amazing!!
We also trekked over to Little Harbor and enjoyed the ladies at Abe's and feasted on a great lobster dinner and some libations!! Not much else is open on the eastern side of the island - it got hit pretty bad. But Abe's is a sure bet!! Had a great breakfast at Ali Baba's one morning and a few meals at the new Hendo's Hideout -- a great addition to the island!! Upscale beach bar on Jost? Yup! And its great!!
And finally, we lucked out and the WillyT reopened while we were visiting this year. So I jumped on the phone and call JVD Scuba, a company I've dealt with for years and never met the famous Capt Colin before but we finally met and scheduled a day trip to the Baths with a stop at WillyT's on the way back! The new WillyT's is great!! I actually even enjoy the new mooring - its one island over but I love it!!
In summary, I have been throughout the Caribbean, visited most of the typical tourist islands and joints and nothing compares to a week on Jost - especially if you use White Bay Villas as your home base and get out amongst the locals (don't waste a week hanging with the tourists) - the people on that island are amazing!!
A very special shout out to Bonnie Martin - White Bay Villas, who I view as the Concierge of the Villas! When you are thinking about booking, call Bonnie and talk to her - tell her the whole story and she will assist you with your entire trip!! From where to stay on St Thomas if you are overnighting there, the boat to JVD, taxi drivers, places to eat, how to order food to be delivered, you name it - she's got the answer!! Thank You Bonnie for all your assistance!! And thank you White Bay Villas for another great vacation!

Room Tip: Agave has a great view of White Bay
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Bonnie M, Guest Relations Manager at White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Pete, wow!! Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write it. I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration while on Jost. We all certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I stayed in Sunset Villa East back in April 2018 and I truly could not have had a better experience. Bonnie was so so helpful in setting up my stay (with less than 48 hours notice!) and my trip wouldn't have been possible without her. The villa has all of the amenities, including wifi, that you could possibly need on a beach getaway and is complemented by such an amazing staff, Maria especially, who helps set up groceries to be delivered prior to your arrival and checks in daily to make sure you have everything you need.

The views from the villa are spectacular and when you get tired of sitting around the house, it is only a short walk down the beach towards Soggy Dollar or a short walk down the street in the other direction towards Foxy's. Many of the other restaurants & bars are back up and running and are well worth stopping by for a drink as well. Everything is so closer together on the island and White Bay Villas are right in the middle!

Everyone on the island is so friendly and accommodating, it is truly a special place. I can't say enough about how great my experience was and so much of it is thanks to Bonnie's help and my stay at White Bay Villas.

The unbelievable hospitality extended even beyond my stay. I mistakenly left behind a couple of valuables in my villa and will be forever thankful for both Bonnie and Maria bending over backwards in order to get my belongings back to me all the way in NYC. White bay Villas has a customer for life!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Bonnie M, Guest Relations Manager at White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Ryan, thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us and it was our pleasure to make sure your vacation was the best ever! We all are looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We just finished our second trip to White Bay Villas, staying a week in both Sunset East & Sunset West with 7 people. We’ve stayed a week at Plantation Villa before as well. The views are just stunning. The cool breeze is so comfortable and staff are amazing! Welcome to the most relaxing and beautiful vacation you’ll ever have!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Bonnie M, Guest Relations Manager at White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Hi Nancy! We are so glad you loved your stay and your Villas. We love having you stay with us and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Just got back from spending a week at White Bay Villas. We stayed in the Dreamaway villa. I can't say enough good things about the whole experience. We had outstanding service from Bonnie in reservations, Maria for onsite coordination and help with provisions, Lisa for checking on us daily, Michelle for helping with snorkel gear and last but certainly not least Jesse, our awesome boat captain. We used their water taxi service to get us to and from the airport in St Thomas. We also did a day charter and Jesse went above and beyond to make our experience very special from snorkeling, the baths, visiting the all new Willy T and Sandy Spit. The Dreamaway was very nice and the beds super comfortable. We were able to get to the beach with a little hike each day and could also walk to the places in Great Harbor when we wanted. If we were too tired at the end of the day a quick little taxi ride made it easy to get back to the Dreamaway. Everyone on the island is doing a great job recovering from the hurricanes and are ready for new visitors! Oh how I wish I was there tonight, on Jost Van Dyke!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Bonnie M, Guest Relations Manager at White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Denise, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay at White Bay Villas. We all are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

We travelled to White Bay Villas and stayed in the Dreamaway Hillside Cottage June 16th through June 23rd. Everything was phenomenal. We had previously travelled to Jost and stayed in a different place which was no longer available after the hurricane, so we were thrilled when we found White Bay Villas were accepting reservations. The cottage we stayed in had all the amenities we could think of having. The staff was friendly and would often pop by in the morning to say hello and make sure we didn't need anything. White Bay was able to help us secure groceries to be delivered before we arrived, and even helped us book a phenomenal day trip to some other fun spots in the BVI. The location is fairly central to everything, but it is a fairly long hike down to the Soggy Dollar side of White Bay when staying in the Hillside Villas. Regardless, we chose to make the hike every morning to justify all the eating and drinking we were doing! It's a much easier (and almost all down hill) walk to Great Harbor to visit Corsairs and Foxys. Overall, everything was great and we're very happy we chose to book with White Bay!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa M

Melissa, thank you for your wonderful review and glad you found us!! We enjoyed having you stay with us. Til next time!!