White Bay Villas (Sunset west) was great! It had a beautiful view from the porch/double doors from the room. The beach is beautiful, and the beach bars there are perfect for an afternoon cocktail and sitting on the beach. The resort is definitely "no frills", but if you like that, this is your place. There's no pool/restaurant/room service. But we ordered food from the provisioners on Tortola and had it delivered to our room to cook for ourselves (and save a bunch of $$).
The staff was very helpful when asked, and almost invisible when not needed. Thad was especially helpful, finding us a water taxi over from Tortola after the last ferry left (not to mention it was the last night of Carnival). We did have to pay $150 for it, but that was out of his control. My advice would be to leave extra time to get to the ferry. One ferry from Charlotte Amelie on St Thomas apparently didn't run that day (though we had confirmed the day before), so we went to Red Hook to get another one to West End, Tortola. The Red Hook one was delayed, causing us to miss the ferry to Jost. We got in touch with Thad who found a driver willing to take us over, and Thad came to the dock to get us himself. It wasn't ideal, but he made the best of it for us.
The island itself is very quiet, and there aren't a lot of activities. We hiked out to the "Bubbly Pool", did some snorkeling/swimming and we frequented a couple of the beach bars. Other than that, we mostly read. We did take a daylong boat trip to the Baths in Virgin Gorda (and a couple stops along the way). We went with a local guy which was interesting to hear a little about local culture, though might have been better to do the official tour with Jost Scuba to hear about the geology/oceanography/wildlife and such (but I'm a science nerd, so whatever works). Also an expensive trip, but probably worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the U.S. Virgin Islands, the British Virgin Islands and the Caribbean as it was 75 years ago. Come and see what St. John used to be. The beachfront White Bay Villas and Seaside Cottages on Jost Van Dyke are the perfect place for a Virgin Island vacation with serenity, peace and relaxation. Our Caribbean Rental Villas offer complete accommodations to suit your every need. A family-friendly island, Jost Van Dyke offers many comforts that larger, more commercial Caribbean islands don't. Unlike St. John or St. Thomas, you don't need to drive. You can walk to beautiful White Bay beach from your from your vacation villa anywhere, anytime day or night and feel completely safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Bay Villas And Seaside Cottages
- White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages Hotel Jost Van Dyke
- White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages Jost Van Dyke, British Virgin Islands