“Camping at Ivan's”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jost Van Dyke
White Bay Campground
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We camped right on the beach, made new friends, felt safe and at home. Not a place for people who like amenities and I would not recommend it for small children. I felt like I was at a Dead show and that was fine with me! And really, DON'T pick up a soldier crab!

Reviewed January 23, 2009

I was a bit nervous about the trip when it was being planned. However, the trip was fabulous and all my worries were for nothing!
Ivan's Stress free camp ground was wonderful! We stayed there Saturday Jan 17 thru Wednesday Jan 21 to celebrate birthdays. We met great, interesting, talented and friendly people and also helped nurse a baby goat back to health! Now who can say they did that on vacation!
Stress free is a perfect way to describe our experience. Dinner time was the best. It was a gathering in the kitchen ending with a pot luck of food and drinks - shared by all. I came home with a fantasic recipe for peanut butter fudge - thanks Jane!
The only down side to the camp ground were the bugs! The no seums and sand fleas were abundant - the sprays didn't seem to phase them much at all.
I would highly recommend going to Ivan's - can't wait to go back!

1  Thank lunvik2
Reviewed December 23, 2008

You definitley would LOVE to visit Ivan's! It is the best vacation spot ever. There is a bar and the cabins are great! The camping is the best, you go to sleep listening to the sound of the waves. Ivan offers tents or you can bring your own!(That is what me and my family do). The beach is fantastic. Great snorkeling! Every Thursday night great bbq! Tire swing is great for kids. If you camp,l say great privacy. The showers are OKAY. There a little cold, but it is dealable. It is my 6th time. You have to visit Ivan's Stress Free Campground. HAVE FUN!!!!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank ctgirlsew3
Reviewed May 31, 2008

We stayed at Ivans Stress Free Campground last week.
We has an awesome time. They have very basic cabins
with a bed and a refrigerator and electricity which is nice to
have at night. The campground was kept clean. The people
were extremely nice. Natalie, Rene and Ivan were all very helpful
with anything you needed. My husband and I wanted to go out for Lobster dinner but were running very low on cash to take the ferrys and taxi's back home the next morning and since there are no ATM's on the island Ivan allowed us to get cash back on our credit card so we could go enjoy a Lobster dinner our last night
I thought that was very thoughtful. If you want to go relax and really do nothing except drink eat be merry and relax in the beautiful carribean ocean then this is the place for you.
My husband and I will be back. We loved this place.
If you bring your own tent there it is only 25.00 a nigh just another little tidbit of information. We also loved meeting all the interesting people there. We want to say hi to Teresa and Holly
two nurses taking a break from the hustle and bustle of life for a few months. Hi to Jake and Dania from New York wish we would of exchanged phone #s. And to John and Pam his wife the ski instructors from Colorado. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Jost Van Dyke and Ivan for such a wonderful place to go and really De Stress.
Gina and MIke

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heysweetiehey
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Like everything on Jost Van Dyke: over-priced.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank felixanders
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Wow! Ivan's is the coolest place I have ever been. If you are interested in truly a stress-free place in one of the most beautiful settings in the world, check it out.

Also hit the Thursday night BBQ with live music, the food is amazing and Ivan and crew are the nicest people around.

The sleeping cabins are really cool too, but spare. The bathrooms, showers kitchens could be cleaner, but still very nice.

If you are going to stay for a few days, be sure to get groceries before you get there, if possible. The island is a little expensive and things close at varying hours.

Kick off your shoes, grab a beach chair, a Carib or painkiller and enjoy Ivan's.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank flybigd
Reviewed April 18, 2007

Ivan has just finished a building just above the campgrounds with two apartments. The top is a 1 bedroom that could easily sleep 4 and the lower is a studio.

The views are really great - we were there for his Easter Regatta, so there were loads of boats on "that side" of White Bay, where it is normally much quieter during the day than the other side where Sandcastle and Soggy Dollar Bar are located. And we were pleasantly surprised to see that JVD Public Works has put stairs on both sides of the rocky hill, smoothed out the top and put a guard rail in at the very steep drop off on top (Rumor has it that a tipsy camper went over in the dark). Flip flops are still a necessity for the cross over, but its so much easier.

Back to the Apartments - both are exceptionally nice compared to the campsites, especially with their full baths and kitchens! (For those who have not stayed at Ivan's campgrounds, the "showers" for the cabins are H2O bags and there's a common cooking area - but hey, it's campgrounds!) No A/C in the apartments, but everything else.

So if the tents or little cabins w/ shared facilities are a little too "roughing it" for you and you don't want the all day crowds on the other side of White Bay, this is great! You still get to experience all of Ivan's vibe with all the comforts of home.

The are just now deciding on rates, so it would be best to call . I was on JVD in November, and took the (incredible!) shot of from a Villa overlooking White Bay. Yes, this is what it really looks like! Because it's so lush, you can't see the cabins or tents.

Also note that there is no real grocery store JVD, so unless you are planning to eat out every meal, it would be best to arrange provisioning thru some place like Bobby's Marketplace on Tortola (they do the majority of yacht charter provisioning, and are well equipped to pull this off). You can go online to their site and send them a list of what you want for the week with a credit card. They will deliver it to the JVD ferry on the day specified, and your stuff will be delivered to the JVD dock. You will have to pick it up at the dock.

The cost of a taxi ride is pretty crazy on JVD, so I highly recommend renting a car at least for a couple of days. We paid $15 each ONE WAY to go from Ivan's to Taboo, and it's $5 each one way to/from Great Harbour or the other side of White Bay. It really adds up fast. There are two places to rent cars on JVD, just Google it.

The lower (studio) apartment was occupied, so I only took pics from the 1 bdrm.

P.S. Did I mention Ivan is the coolest guy on the Planet? =)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank njoynstjohn

Been to White Bay Campground? Share your experiences!