“Divemaster Internship” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jost Van Dyke Scuba

Jost Van Dyke Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Jost Van Dyke Scuba was formed with the mission to provide our diving guests with the most memorable vacation experiences under the water! BVI Eco-tours is our sister company which was created to host short and long term travelers who want to experience all the natural resources the British Virgin Islands have to offer! Our companies have an endless range of guided and self-guided activities, as you will see by looking through our web site. Our professional guides will take you to extraordinary areas and show you highlights that are unique to the BVI, whether Scuba diving or on an Eco-tour. Whether your pleasure is to discover the sea’s underwater beauty.
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Divemaster Internship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was looking to do my divemaster internship somewhere in the Caribbean and I am so glad I chose Jost Van Dyke Scuba. Capt. Colin and his staff were great and professional. They were very helpful and patient while certifying me. I got to spend 2 months with them and loved it. They will take their guests to any top dive spot in the BVI's and the diving is really great. The dive shop is awesome and only a short walk away from Foxy's, which is a great place to have a few drinks or have a quick bite after a long trip of diving or snorkeling. If I ever make it back I know who I will be diving with!

Visited June 2012

Santa Barbara
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great day on the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just did the Jost Van Dyke by Sea day with Eco-Tours. Great captain and crew. Good swimming. Snorkeling
spots ranged from fair to excellent. Lunch at Foxy's Taboo surprisingly good. I had the lamb kabobs, but everyone in the group liked what they ordered. Bubbly Pool is a welcome dip after a short hike - worth the trip.
If you're looking for a fun day without a lot of drunken partiers, but with lots of watertime, take this trip.

Visited March 2013
yecal37
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

we went on 2 dives with JVD Scuba. Divemaster was great! Dive sites were only average, as the visibility was low from a storm that had come through a couple of days prior to our being there (not their fault). Still thoroughly enjoyed the dives and would go again! We also hired JVD Scuba for a daylong private charter and had a ball! It was probably one of the best things we did on our trip! We were on a small, quick boat and island-hopped. Martin took into account what we wanted to do and see (no more snorkeling for us) and we simply had a fabulous day seeing other islands, beach bars, etc. Would definitely recommend working with this company!

Visited November 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Captain Patrick and JVD excursion was FAB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was such a great excursion because we went snorkeling, hiking, the bubble pool, lunch at Foxy's Taboo and then Soggy Dollar. Patrick was very knowledgeable and listened/gauged how long to stay at each location. The bubble pool was so different and provided many laughs. One little boy said thank you mother nature for giving us so much fun. Very cute. The hike and scuba were at a beginners/moderate level. I'm not a great swimmer so I appreciated Patrick's patience getting me to the shore. Would recommend Patrick and the JVD scuba excursion in a heart beat. Plus we had such a cool group we had a random, mature Italian man join us during our hike. We spoke English which I'm sure he understood o why not hang with the folks you see are having fun and laughing! True testatment!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank HMRAtlanta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Day trip RMS Rhone dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I booked a full day trip with JVDDive and we had an excellent day with Patrick ! He was very knowledgable about the areas we went to on the boat,and the dive was perfect. I also did a 2 tank dive 2 days before and there were minor scheduling issues that we did work out, but is is island time! As for the 2 tank dive the sights were not the best I had ever seen, but they were decent dives for February . The staff for this company are very well rounded and pleasant to be around.

Visited February 2013