“Great Diving”

Jost Van Dyke Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Jost Van Dyke Scuba was formed with the mission to provide our diving guests with the most memorable vacation experiences under the water! BVI Eco-tours is our sister company which was created to host short and long term travelers who want to experience all the natural resources the British Virgin Islands have to offer! Our companies have an endless range of guided and self-guided activities, as you will see by looking through our web site. Our professional guides will take you to extraordinary areas and show you highlights that are unique to the BVI, whether Scuba diving or on an Eco-tour. Whether your pleasure is to discover the sea’s underwater beauty.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Diving with Jost Van Dyke scuba was great from start to finish. All the staff was where helpful and friendly it really was a pleasure diving with them. Everything is about you the customer and what can they do to make your diving better. One 1 of the dive trips they had some newly certified divers with them and as a diving instructor myself I was very impressed with how they looked after them and making sure there safety came 1st. I would recommend them to anyone who is thinking about diving in the BVI,

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I really enjoyed the course at Jost Van Dyke Scuba at Great Harbour on Jost Van Dyke . The setting was absolutely amazing
Martin Street was a great Instrutor____ I felt in a very safe pair of hands and the quality of the Instrution was excellent and thorough
I felt I had really leant and been well taught the fundamentals of diving and was well prepared by the course for continuing my diving in the future
Martin and Rob, who worked in the shop, were very welcoming and accomodating. I thank them both for a great experience and also for looking after my partner who came along a couple of days to hang out on the beach
The sites we dived on were really interesting, good visibiltiy and lots of interesting terrain and life. We saw Rays barracuda and even a Lion Fish ,at a disitance!,
We were staying on Tortola however this was no issue as I got picked up each moring from West End Key ( the Jolly Roger ) to go over to the Jost Van Dyke for the days diving
I would highly recommend JVD Sxcuba and lastly a big thanks to Colin for sorting out my papers and the arrangements

2  Thank RobM295
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We scuba dived with Jost Van Dyke Scuba between May 6 and May 10, 2012. The operation is owned by Colin and Andrea Aldridge with the shop at Great Harbor, Jost Van Dyke. Since our group was staying on Tortola, we were picked up by the dive boat - a 25 ft. modified Regulator with twin 70 hp Yamaha outboard 4 strokes - at the Jolly Roger Restaurant each morning. We did 4 two tank dives around Thatch Key and Jost Van Dyke over a 5 day period. We broke up the trip by taking an excursion to the Baths at Virgin Gorda on the third day also on the Jost Van Dyke dive boat. Our guide for all 5 days was Marty Street - a London native who has dove all over the world. Marty has been in the BVI for 5 months and has done his homework as he took us to 8 excellent or good dive sites and had good knowledge of all of them. We did get to introduce Marty to dinner at Harris's Restaurant in Little Harbor.

Our group was made up of 5 experienced divers all with our own equipment. The dives included a wreck, a tidal cave, two dives in the Atlantic where we did see Black Tip sharks, two dives at Thatch Cay and two dives on the south side of Jost Van Dyke. I enjoyed all 8 but the 2 Atlantic dives (Playground and Twin Towers) were spectacular.

I told Colin that our plane left St. Thomas at 9:30 Saturday morning. He was concerned that we would not make our flight. He volunteered to give us a ride to Red Hook St. Thomas early Saturday morning to make sure we made our flights. Based on the time of day and the cost of fuel in the BVI, the price was reasonable.

Based on our experience with Colin, Marty and the boss - Andrea, I would recommend the use of Jost Van Dyke Scuba and I plan on diving with them again. As with any dive operation, specific times and dates are required to make sure no misunderstandings occur. This is the BVI where logistics can be difficult because of the spread out nature of the islands. Advance planning and reservations are a must. I am looking forward to a Mooring yacht charter and more diving with JVD Scuba.

2  Thank beachcat1
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Long before hand I was preparing our dive on Jost van Dyke and was really looking forward to it. Finally on BVI my calls were not returned and we had to walk a few miles to the office to arrange a two tank dive. After returning the next day our arrangement was forgotten and we were said that we could not dive at all. It seems to us that Jost van Dyke scuba is more interested in fast money by diving with large beginner groups from cruise ships than individual certified divers. I had to get very firm to get a dive arranged. It should be said that Martin en Colin tried to do their utmost to make up the mistake, made by their colleague, but Jost van Dyke scuba will not be my first choice to dive with in future. Although they have great T-shirts!

3  Thank vrybuyter
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Colin and Martin are super nice guys and really know diving. They will help you set up your gear and tell you about all the good stuff related to the dive.

1  Thank Bitner