“Friendly Staff at Corsairs!”

Corsairs Beach Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Description: Great Food! Great Drinks! Great People! Great Times in Great Harbour Join the Pirate Party at the Coolest Beach Bar & Restaurant. Serving caribbean fusion, fresh lobster, steaks, seafood, pasta, pizza, appetizers, salads, desserts, & daily specials. We also offer vegetarian & gluten free options. Relax and enjoy a Bubbly Pirate, Absinthe, Key Lime Martini or a Voodoo Juice & Exotic shots if you dare!
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Today we decided to alter our plans and head to Yost. We've been there before and love the island. We found Corsairs! We showed up late afternoon minimal staff but was greeted with a smile and sat at the bar had a few beers put our name in for 7pm Dinner.. We were a group of 11 and all I can say is don't miss this place! The lobster is the best we've had in the BVI.. I had a Pizza and I like my Pizza crispy they hit a home run! No soggy pizza there! Our group had numerous items off the menu and everything looked and tasted great. The staff was friendly we love the place!! Don't miss it. BTW my wife told me the bathrooms are the cleanest she's been in on our entire trip! OMG......

1  Thank Bloomer5146

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Walked in...owner was prepping the bar. Three people total at the bar besides us. Had to distract the owner to get a drink for myself and three others. Quote "hey brother, when you get a chance, could I grab a few drinks from you". Response. "And?" I get it bro but really. Sad part, I tipped him 20 and then he warmed up. You need it more then me bud. We were trying to find a place for 16 people to eat and drink. We ended up at foxy's. Had an amazing night. Dinner for 16 people and drinks. Sucks cuz that place was super chill.

3  Thank Joy2ryd
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We selected Corsairs for dinner based on the TripAdvisor reviews. What a great choice! We stopped by in the afternoon to "make our reservation" by writing our name on the clipboard that was left out on the bar for that purpose. The note said "Back at 4:30, Maybe 5:30, Definitely by 6:30". So relaxed and casual!

This is not a fancy place. The walls are whitewashed and people write things on them. But that doesn't matter. The food is what it's all about here and you won't be disappointed.

Several of us had the shrimp and grits which was just superb - spicy and buttery. I can't remember what everyone else had but all were very pleased with their meals. It's not cheap but not expensive for a meal of this quality in the BVI. The owner, Vinny, was at the bar and made a point to talk to us and all the parties dining that night. Will definitely eat here again if we return to the BVI.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Just got back from our second trip to the BVI's, and Corsairs was even better than we remembered. For dinner one evening, we had fantastic sushi-grade tuna which was cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and included a visit from the owner, Vinny. It was so good we were back the next morning for breakfast! We've been to practically every restaurant on JVD, and Corsairs is by far the best!

1  Thank MyFavPlaces1
Reviewed August 16, 2014

What a gem! My wife, our daughter, and I spent a week on Jost Van Dyke in early July and ate nearly all of our meals at Corsairs. JR (the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) trained executive chef) prepared some of the most delicious meals I've ever tasted (the shrimp and grits were amazing!), and accommodated our little girl's (3-year-old) finicky appetite brilliantly. Our visit to JVD was wonderfully enhanced by our experience at Corsairs. Thank you, Vinny!