“Fantastic lobster!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Fantastic lobster!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the ultimate native restaurant and the best place to enjoy lobster in the carribean! Be careful when you order lobster - small, medium, or large. We made the mistake of ordering the medium, and it was way too much - we took what was left back to the boat and had lobster salad the next day. Sidney passed away several years ago, but his daughter's Strawberry, Rita, and Janet, are doing a great job in keeping his fun traditions going. The "do it yourself" bar is a hoot! Come in early and you can see them unload the live lobsters daily. This is the only place in the BVI's that our grandkids (15 and 17), asked to go back to the next evening

• Visited February 2013

Lake Placid, New York
“Fun, however disappointing”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We docked at Sidney's with much fanfare and expectation. However, the make your own drinks was fun (I was the bartender), but the lobster was disappointing. For the price we paid for food and drink, I expect more. Strawberry was very pleasant to converse with, however, I will look for alternatives on my next excursion to the BVI.

1 Thank rdcrx
Huntington, Massachusetts
“Lobster disaster”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Please don't sell me a $40 dinner and expect me to be happy with a frozen lobster the size of a crayfish. The graffiti plastered all over the walls, ceilings & pillars made me wonder how clean the kitchen was. This was the only night we went back to the room still hungry and that's even after the garnish on the plate for added nourishment. It may have been due to off season, my recommendation is to close the place down. Give it a fresh coat of paint and start serving fresh seafood in a portion that is worthy of the price. Run away, run away!

2 Thank Jeff T
Maryland
“Friendly atmosphere, lousy food”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We just returned from a trip to the BVI and ate at Sidney's on October 30, 2013. We were really excited to be trying the lobster. We found the restaurant to be very welcoming. The serve yourself bar was fun, but found the choices a bit limited. Of the six of us in our party 4 of us had the lobster. We were extremely disappointed in the lobster and I personally couldn't even finish it. I found it to be very tough and overcooked. The butter seemed more like cheap popcorn oil. The other couple that did not get lobster were also disappointed with their meals.

I said I would never again eat Caribbean lobster again, however two nights later we went to a different restaurant in Tortola and my husband convinced me to give it another try so I did and found this to be a completely different experience. This lobster was grilled perfectly and served with real butter. Save your money and do NOT go to Sidney's.

2 Thank teknofauz
Vienna, Virginia
“Low key”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had been to Sidney's several years ago. I wanted to take my husband back for a visit. The day we visited the island is was almost deserted. We took a cab from White Beach and were not planning on ordering any food. We just wanted drinks and to hang out. Many liquor choices at the honor bar. A bit more limited with the mixers. It's not a place to snorkel but you can cool off in the water. As we were the only customers during our 90 minute visit we enjoyed the unusual atmosphere and casual setting. The place next door had on CNN yet no customers but again it was a very quiet day and late in their season, August 17. We purchased a few shirts and long sleeve shirts. Our cab driver came back when we had asked and we were on our way.

• Visited August 2013