“Don't go”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
“Don't go”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our lunch was OK at best. The locals at the restaurant
Were trying to make a quick buck. And my camera was stolen! We were the only people there! I will never go back. Stick to White Bay. There were flies everywhere

• Visited December 2012

Detroit, Michigan
“Favorite Jost Restaurant”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

While Foxy gets all the hype, Those in the know go to Sidneys. Why? The food is better, the price is better, the service is better and the atmosphere is better. This little family run spot has the true island feel. Fresh fish, lobster, tasty sides and a self service honor bar. The VI at their best. Oh, and a great selection of tee shirts, hats, etc on the gift shop if you want to take more than the memory home. Can't wait to go back.

Visited November 2012
Mountville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must stop for dinner!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Hands down the best spiny lobster in the BVI. Strawberry, one of the owners, is a wonderful hostess, and runs the most unique eatery on Jost van Dyke. Honor bar, mix your own drinks, sign the book, and run your tab. HUGE, and delicious whole spiny lobster, bowls of rice and beans, cole slaw, potato salad. And so reasonably priced! Our sailboat crew had been there before, my first time. It exceeded my expectations. Bring a T-shirt, and hang it from the rafters. If ever on Jost, make the trip. Good, honest Caribbean cuisine, and island atmosphere.

Oklahoma City, OK
“The best lobster I've every eaten!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I don't eat seafood but my husband declares that Sidney's served him the best lobster he has ever put in his mouth. In fact we extended our stay just so he could eat it a second time. The barbeque chicken was excellent as well and the service was incredible. We had such fun with the staff. They are so fun and made our visit incredibly enjoyable!

• Visited October 2012
Michigan, United States
“You won't leave hungry! Friendly service.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We made our reservations early in the day, and were invited to hold a lobster. Although I declined, choosing to eat it instead, my husband took the rare opportunity to hold a carribean lobster and we took many photos. Carribean lobster is much meatier than US lobster. The lobster was servied with corn on the cob, potato salad, coleslaw, and rice & beans. I'm a big eater, but couldn't get past the lobster and corn -to get to my sides. It was very filling and the price very reasonable. A very enjoyable experience. The bar is self-serve and keep your own tab, and bring a sharpie - so you can leave your "mark" on the restaurant. Very fun!

Visited October 2012