“A must stop for dinner!”

Sidney's Peace and Love
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Jost Van Dyke
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Hands down the best spiny lobster in the BVI. Strawberry, one of the owners, is a wonderful hostess, and runs the most unique eatery on Jost van Dyke. Honor bar, mix your own drinks, sign the book, and run your tab. HUGE, and delicious whole spiny lobster, bowls of rice and beans, cole slaw, potato salad. And so reasonably priced! Our sailboat crew had been there before, my first time. It exceeded my expectations. Bring a T-shirt, and hang it from the rafters. If ever on Jost, make the trip. Good, honest Caribbean cuisine, and island atmosphere.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I don't eat seafood but my husband declares that Sidney's served him the best lobster he has ever put in his mouth. In fact we extended our stay just so he could eat it a second time. The barbeque chicken was excellent as well and the service was incredible. We had such fun with the staff. They are so fun and made our visit incredibly enjoyable!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We made our reservations early in the day, and were invited to hold a lobster. Although I declined, choosing to eat it instead, my husband took the rare opportunity to hold a carribean lobster and we took many photos. Carribean lobster is much meatier than US lobster. The lobster was servied with corn on the cob, potato salad, coleslaw, and rice & beans. I'm a big eater, but couldn't get past the lobster and corn -to get to my sides. It was very filling and the price very reasonable. A very enjoyable experience. The bar is self-serve and keep your own tab, and bring a sharpie - so you can leave your "mark" on the restaurant. Very fun!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I stopped by for lunch one day and were not disappointed! The honor bar was awesome! The food was great and walking the beach afterwards was great!

1  Thank Matt E
Reviewed August 5, 2012

As Strawberry says... the only rule to the honor bar is you have to have honor! Great lobster lunch right our of the traps on the dock. The staff is friendly and the bar stocked with with your favorites!!!

1  Thank Wiliam S