“This was our worst meal ever”
Review of Harris' Place

Harris' Place
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Restaurant & Marina located in Little Harbor Jost Van Dyke. Featuring the Biggest and Best Lobsters on Jost Van Dyke. Our Bushwhackers are the best ever or it's FREE !
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Sorry Cynthia - but all the charm in the world cannot cover terribly cooked food.

Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor I booked a table at Harris's Place for dinner while sailing in the BVI. We moored the boat in Little Harbour and went ashore for dinner.

Dinner is a fixed price depending on your main course. It comes with soup - lobster or black bean. garlic bread. salad. main course and then desert if you get that far!

I had the bean soup - it tasted like dirty dish water with a few beans in the bottom of the bowl. My hubby had the lobster - I tried a little but would not have got very far with it. Garlic bread - 3 small dry crusty bits of bread in a bread bowl - ok.

Salad was ok. The sauce was awful.

My main was Chicken (hubby had the BBQ grill). There was a very poor selection of Lobster and we were heavily diverted away from it for our choice. I have to say that I have never been served chicken like I had that night. On cutting into the meat the muscle fibres separated like strands of wool. They were so dry no amount of chewing would soften them to allow swallowing. The leg meat was no better. I could not actually eat more than 2 forks of food it was that bad (I am someone who cleans a plate and never leaves any scraps!). NEVER NEVER NEVER eat here EVER - it was the worst meal I have ever had.

4  Thank AnnaTwickenham
There are newer reviews for Harris' Place

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Harris' is one of those places you keep coming back to. We have chartered a boat in the BVI's for the last 5 years, and this is one of our "must" stops. From the quiet anchorage, to the wonderful food, it can't be beat. Cynthia is the driving factor, as well as Ina. They make you feel like you are at home! Their friendly banter and delicious food make us come back again & again. The lobster is always great, as is the catch of the day. They also always have some homemade soup and deserts. Cynthia's bushwackers are a must as well! We will keep coming back every chance we get!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We visited this lovely restaurant whilst sailing the BVI & after reading prior reviews. We had six lovely meals and we were warmly welcomed by Cynthia & her team. Highly recommended & definitely well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to Harris' Place we a group of friends. It had a very local feel and the food was great. Cynthia the owner went out of her way to make us feel very welcome.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed for several hours at Harris' Place. Started with great drinks, then got the best recommendations on the menu. I would make sure to ask "what fish came in that day or the day before" - it's a small place, with small staff, so I have a feeling they need to make things ahead of time.

I really enjoyed my meal, and when we heard what was on the dessert menu, and to finish off with that too. We ended up staying to play a board game while eating dessert, and enjoyed the company of the owner Cynthia for a while as well.

Great service, amazing story - felt special to be a part of it all.