“Great beer and great food”

Pub Le Mitan Microbrasserie D'Orl
Ranked #13 of 34 Restaurants in Ile d'Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great beer and great food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everyone in our party really enjoyed their food. Only two of us got beers (the sampler platter), but both of us really enjoyed them.

• Visited July 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Good beer, food ordinary”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a good place to go for beer, but I would pass on the food. It is a pub, so I guess that is the type of food to expect. However, I have visited some other microbrasseries (in the Charlevoix, for example), who also managed to put good food on the table.

Visited June 2013
Vienna, VA USA
“Good but pedestrian compared to most microbreweries”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family of four visited here about 8:30 on a Sunday night. My son ordered a beef burger, my wife the goat cheese and sun-dried tomato pizza, my daughter the chicken "burger," and I ordered the ravioli plate with beef. The waitress was very, very personable but goofed on my order and brought me a beef burger; it was so late that I didn't want to wait for them to re-make the order so I took it. She was very apologetic but I like burgers anyway so it wasn't a big problem. The burgers were good but not remarkable; well done and a bit on the dry side. The fries were fine but also not remarkable. The chicken burger was a grilled chicken breast sandwich. The pizza was probably the best of the bunch, adventurous compared to the rest of the typical bar & grill menu.

They have a good selection of beers, of course. I had their beer flavored with maple syrup. It is a subtle addition and does not draw attention from the basic flavor of the beer, though the beer lacked character. (I had a bottle of their Grandmaison, a red beer, the day before at another restaurant and would describe it the same way: good but not memorable.)

The atmosphere was typical neighborhood bar. There was a group celebrating an occasion, possibly a birthday, and a few other folks I took to be locals. They are in close proxmity to either a horse barn or farmer's field; the smell of manure was wafting through the place through the open windows and doors, which is to say *all* the windows and doors. I can't imagine it is like that every night, all year 'round.

On Sunday they closed at 10; our arrival at 8:45 was just in time to order before the kitchen closed at 9. Our check was $82 (plus tip) for two burgers, one chicken sandwich, one small pizza, one beer, one glass of wine, two soft drinks. A little pricey for this type of place.

We enjoyed it but would only return if we were passing through Ste. Famille again.

• Visited June 2013
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer; Good Food; Friendly Waiter”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I visited this brewpub for lunch. I had the smoked meat sandwich, she had a caesar salad. The food was good. I also had the beer sampler; I found the beers to be excellent. We would certainly recommend this pub to anyone who is in the area, especially if you are touring Ile D'orleans. We were there a little after the busy summer season, the pub was reasonably busy, but the service was very good as well. The waiter was extremely friendly. Staff and menus are bilingual if you are concerned about language, don't be. When we go back to the area we would certainly stop again.

• Visited August 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Great view, beer, and snacks”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

You cannot beat the view. Overlooks the bridge, the river, and mountains. The beer selections were excellent (and reasonaly priced). I ordered a cheese and bread tray & rhubard jam (for under ten dollars). A food was locally grown. It was great but portions were almost too much.
This sun aftenoon delight will alwas be a favorite memory of visiting this delightful island.

• Visited August 2012