“Best of the bunch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norris Point
Neddies Harbour Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Norris Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We spend two nights at this hotel. The view is pretty spectacular. The rooms are clean but fairly basic. We were downstairs which has somewhat of a basement feel to it. If you want a view, book an upstairs room. There are not very many nice hotels in the area and this hotel has several nice features such as the sunroom and the ability to book the hot tub or sauna for private use. The food was average. Dinner is definitely better than breakfast but breakfast is complimentary. The staff was pleasant but not overly friendly.

1  Thank Jon D
atcanad, Manager at Neddies Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm happy you enjoyed our amenities and our sunroom. It is a very special place. Our Inn is built on a slope and all rooms on the lower level are above ground. Some of rooms on the main level do have a better view than the lower, but two of the rooms with the best view are actually on the lower level. I was disappointed to read that you felt our staff to be not overly friendly as I believe our staff to be one of of our greatest assets. We continually receive wonderful comments on the friendly and helpful staff here. I'm sorry that breakfast and dinner wasn't to your taste and I appreciate your feedback. We strive to have our guest feel welcome and cared for. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed the 3 nights we stayed at the Inn. The room was large and clean and bright, the bed very comfortable and the sunroom at the end of the hall was lovely. The room had a view of the neighbour's yard and driveway but only a glimpse of the water. We should have asked when booking but assumed that the king suite would have the best view! The breakfast was served on the top floor in a very nice room by friendly efficient servers. The food was good too! There were details that seemed too petty to mention - no glasses in the bathroom, empty Kleenex box never replaced, a coffee maker that worked very poorly, no heat on in the very cold room when we arrived - that I should have brought up. The Inn can't fix things they don't know about! It is a very pleasant place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean S

Thank you for your review, your feedback is very important to us. Our suite has three windows and although the back window does look upon the neighbors yard at the back of the Inn, the other two do overlook Bonne Bay. I apologize for the absence of Kleenex, it was definitely an oversight and perhaps we should have our water glasses in the washroom instead of the guest room. Thank you for the suggestion. I do seem to remember that the A/C was left on by mistake and your room was cold upon arrival, I am so sorry. It was such a warm and sultry day. I am happy to read that you did enjoy our sunroom and our restaurant and I do hope that in spite of your mentioned concerns that you did enjoy your visit. We would have been happy to have had the opportunity to address them. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We spent four nights at Neddies Harbour Inn and it was the perfect place to stay. The rooms are neat, clean, quiet and comfortable. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The location is excellent for exploring all of the areas in Gros Morne.

1  Thank Gary C
atcanad, Manager at Neddies Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to know that our location was so perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed your visit with us. I'm always happy to read about our staff as I feel they are an essential part of the experience here. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our first two nights of a three week road trip around Newfoundland started at Neddies Harbor Inn. Our reception was pleasant as was our introduction to the Inn's offerings. The sun room was a great place to sit and read and has spectacular views. A short walk from the inn is a stony beach with two boat houses. I asked a local fisherman about the sea run trout he just caught and was treated to a pleasant conversation with a fellow fisherman. The view of the tableland was spectacular with snow in the ravines as late as the end of June.

Our room on the lower floor was very comfortable. I heard one lower floor guest grumbling that she was "in the basement". There are plenty of views to be had but if expect one from your room then ask for the top floor.

Inconsiderate guests could make this a noisy place. There is a lot of beautiful wood throughout. It was not an issue for us except while my wife was taking an afternoon nap. Our room was just under the reception area and a fellow with cowboy boots was a forceful strider. Night time sleeping was always quiet so we were happy.

Breakfast each morning was excellent. If you engaged the waitstaff in conversation they were a treat.

Dinner each night was excellent. Unique entrees and local desserts. Whales rising in the harbor made a special dinner performance.

Overall a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: Top floor, middle. Away from reception area or sunroom
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
atcanad, Manager at Neddies Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I can tell that you certainly did enjoy your visit with us and all we offer but I'm especially happy to know that you also had the opportunity to meet and talk with some of the residents here, a very important part of what makes this place so special. You certainly understood the dynamics of this building and was very apt in your comments...I think you should come and work with us! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our accommodations at Neddie's Harbour Inn were superb as were the dinners we enjoyed in the onsite restaurant. Our room had wood floors, 2 handcrafted armoires, a desk and desk chair and a Nordic style chair as well as a Queen bed, two night tables and reading table lamps. The clean lines, honey coloured furniture and windows which allowed for an abundance of natural light made this room very comfortable and pleasing. The ensuite bathroom was stocked with various toiletries as well as a hair dryer and was large enough that both my partner and I could get ourselves ready without tripping over each other in the process. Two robes in our room facilitated a visit to the hot tub downstairs (you book a private time in the hot tub at the front desk). There is an extremely large living room at the end of the inn that overlooks Bonne Bay with doors that lead out to a verandah. Binoculars line the window sills and shelves filled with books beckon you to sit down on one of the comfortable couches or easy chairs and lose yourself in the pages. My partner and I were travelling with another couple so we found this space most enjoyable for getting together to plan activities. Neddie's Harbour Inn has a fantastic chef. We decided to eat dinner the two nights we were there because the entrees were so beautifully and creatively prepared and delicious to eat. I had not indicated that I was wheat and lactose intolerant prior to my arrival and yet the wait staff and the chef went out of their way to accommodate my food needs. If you have special dietary needs, let them know at the time of booking and follow up closer to your trip as they are happy to accommodate you. The women at the front desk were so friendly and happy to make our stay an enjoyable one. I don't have any complaints but I did observe an odd decorative choice in the bathroom. Instead of choosing a toilet paper holder that fit with the decor, the bathroom was equipped with a stainless steel double roll holder that was more suited to industrial use such as in public bathrooms in shopping malls, airports and other places where masses of people meet. It's a minor point that didn't detract from our wonderful experience, but it was noticeable and seemed out of sync with the rest of the decor.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Neddies, Manager at Neddies Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to speak so in-dept about our Inn. I really enjoyed reading your comments and I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always good to get feedback from a guest perspective. It was interesting that you mentioned our "unusual" toilet paper holders...I couldn't agree with you more!! It has been a sore point with us since they were installed by our contractors back when we renovated and we have always wanted to change them. Happily, we have just discovered a way to do it without having to remove the ceramic tile they are attached to. Our maintenance man is actually in the process of changing them all. I'm always happy when our guests get a chance to try the Black Spruce as we are very proud of our restaurant and love to get feedback. Thank you again for your comments and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had two rooms. Both were immaculate and beautifully furnished. We had our meals here and were impressed by the quality and preparation. Neddies is just a short drive to a number of the attractions on the north side of Gros Morne. In addition, a walk along the shore right there will reward you with some beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Neddies, Manager at Neddies Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your review, it's so good to get positive feedback! I'm so glad you did get to try our restaurant, the Black Spruce. We feel it's a little like a best kept secret and our guests are pleasantly surprised when they dine there. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Lovely little place. It has a very homey feel, while still feeling rather luxurious. Everyone was super friendly and you look outside to a view that cannot be beat. We were part of a wedding group and had our breakfast included, which was a hot continental breakfast. The blueberry bread pudding was amazing. Just a wonderful experience.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dustin F
Neddies, Manager at Neddies Harbour Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. It's so rewarding to read that you felt Neddies Harbour Inn to be homey yet luxurious, exactly the combination we want! I'm truly happy that you enjoyed your stay and our yummy breakfasts as it was certainly our pleasure to have you all stay with us. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norris Point
#4 of 4 in Norris Point
Sugar Hill Inn
Sugar Hill Inn
#2 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to Neddies Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!