“Unexpected”
Review of Justin Thyme bean and bistro - CLOSED

Justin Thyme bean and bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Justin Thyme Bean and Bistro offers a great coffee and tea selection , a full lunch menu and it features a black board supper menu that changes every day we can and do accommodate all diaetry requests
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I read the trip advisor reviews on this place and wondered if it could really be that good. It certainly is. This place serves excellent food at very good prices. The menu is up on the board for the day. It is small, but is loaded with great choices. A no doubt choice if in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Myself and two girlfriends ate at this restaurant last week (mid July, 2014) and all had absolutely amazing meals! The first thing that caught my eye was the wine glasses -- big, red wine glasses -- proper wine glasses always makes me happy! The meals were fabulous and were more-than-reasonably priced. I would highly recommend that if you are interested in not having deep-fried food, with fabulous food, sauces, seafood, service and wine selection, to take the time to visit this restaurant -- even if it is a ways away from your accommodations; it is worth the drive......I promise you will not be disappointed. Only negative is that the building is not air conditioned, nor are there ceiling fans-- it was quite warm there the evening we visited however, don't allow this to be a deterrent.

I wish them every success!

Mary Lynn Granville
St. Philip's, NL

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had no reservation and walked into Java Jack's later in the evening . It was packed but thankfully, the server greater us and prepared a table for us. Our meal and drinks were amazing. If your in the Norris Point area, you must eat there.. The service, atmosphere and food is Amazing !

Reviewed July 20, 2014

While they were out of a lot of items on the menu when we visited as their food truck was due that afternoon, the food we ordered as delicious. Loved the atmosphere. Sauce on the mussels was exceptional and a great dipping sauce from bread also!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Called ahead and made a reservation...glad I did...very popular and busy spot. The mussels were amazing..the volume of people around us eating them too was a testament to this! There were a lot of choices from appetizers to deserts and I was surprised by the Mill Street beer offering. My seafood was plentiful and garlic mashed potatoes were excellent. My wife quite enjoyed her paprika chicken. To top it off there was a delicious cheese cake for dessert which was to my delight accompanied by free coffee from their well optioned coffee station. Cannot wait to go back...i think I'll have the duck!