“a little slice of heaven”
Review of Tableland Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trout River
Tableland Cottages
Reviewed July 10, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The cabins are in immaculate shape. Our host was absolutely wonderful. There is much to do in the area.....hiking, fishing, canoeing. The restaurant in town(Trout River) is quite well known. Had an unbelievable meal there overlooking the ocean. The cabins are well worth the cost!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YokelCletus

Reviewed July 2, 2008

I almost didn't want to write this review so I could keep these cottages a secret to myself LOL

My family still talks about these cottages a year after our trip.

The cottages are huge, new, and clean. There are two bedrooms each with a full--or maybe it was queen--size bed. There's a living room with a TV and a couch that can be unfolded into a bed. The bathroom is clean. There's also a kitchen section stocked with pots and pans and plates, etc. and also a toaster, refrigerator, and freezer. It's a great feature to have, but unless you've stocked up on groceries in Deer Lake or earlier, you can't really find groceries in the area to cook your own meal. It would be a good idea to stock up though (we didn't and regretted it) since there isn't much to eat in the Park area. Everything is very practical for a family. We stayed at the Sugar Hill Inn another night on the trip when we were in that area of the park, and while that room was also huge and beautiful, it wasn't as practically set up and had just one big enormous room.

My family has been on tens of thousands of road trips, and this was the BEST accommodations value we've ever found.

A few things you need to know before booking here: First, the location is in the southern Tablelands region of the National Park. It's quite a drive to get to the northern area of the Park, which has the most popular sights and trails including Western Brook Pond. The Tablelands are beautiful and much overlooked based on my conversations with other visitors to the Park, so the location is still desirable--I guarantee you've never seen a geological formation like the Tablelands. You'll just have to drive a bit to get to the "main attractions". I think this is why the prices are lower than in the other section. The second is that they don't allow pets at all, even though the setup of the cottage would be perfect for pets.

My dad took some pictures of the inside of the cottages (that's how impressed we were!) that I'll try to get. You can message me for them.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Tomatonose
Reviewed September 4, 2004

The side trip to Trout River took us to Tableland Resort Cottages for a one-night stay. We were so very pleased with our findings. These cottages are so clean, you could literally eat off the floor!! They are fully equipped and nicely decorated. Would love to have one as a summer cottage of my own! Excellent restaurant on site, and again, spotless clean. Just a super place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2004
#4 of 4 in Norris Point
Sugar Hill Inn
Sugar Hill Inn
#2 of 4 in Norris Point

Been to Tableland Cottages? Share your experiences!