“WOW”
Review of Western Brook Pond

Western Brook Pond
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Western Brook Pond is not to be missed. It is as everybody says and pictures do not do it justice. The price of the tour seems like a lot but it is worth every cent. Once you walk in about 45 mins. on a beautiful trail you will arrive at the reception center. They have washrooms, gifts, snacks and drinks. You can also by your tickets there as well. They only take cash and we phoned ahead to reserve our spot. The whole adventure went seemlessly.

2  Thank RayHill

Reviewed October 12, 2012

What we have in NL when it comes to the outdoors you can't find the words to express . It's no wonder we have so many tourists that come to NL, it's all natural beauty. We have so much to offer & enjoy.

1  Thank Jennifer O
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Words cannot express, and pictures cannot capture the awe and beauty of this place. You have to walk about 3 km to get to the boat, mostly flat, wet when we were there. Well worth the money, one of the highlights of our trip.

1  Thank Barbara d
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had heard about Gros Morne and Western Brook Pond for years. I was fortunate enough to witness, savour and delight in this awesome display of God's creation, in perfect sunshine, this summer,. What made this trip even more valuable for me is that I have a serious mobility problem, and, the only way to get to the lake to take the boat tour, (which you have to reserve well in advance,) is to walk a 3 1/2 kilometer hike to get to the lake. Some young vigourous people do it in 35 to 45 minutes. In my case, I was determined to get there, but, it took me well over an hour....Having just missed the 1 o'clock tour, the captain of the boat kindly suggested we wait for the 4 o'clock tour , after which he volunteered to have me get back to the parking lot with him in his ATV, instead of walking the 3 1/2 kilometer trail again!!!This whole experience was truly the highlight of my whole trip to Newfoundland, where I was touched by the beauty of the natural surroundings, but the beauty of generous human kindness as well.

2  Thank suttonlover
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Beautiful scenic views. Friendly staff.

A little tight on the path / boardwalk when passed by the utility vehicle. For those interested in enjoying this outing if confined to a wheel chair, it is not really as accessable as I thought it would be.

1  Thank Joan C