“Something different in taste & view when near St. John's”
Review of Atlantica Restaurant - CLOSED

Atlantica Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 1
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We've eaten at Atlantica a number of time, plus a few organized events e.g. wine tastings. Living just a 5 minute drive from the ocean view side of the village we are very fortunate to have such a high class restaurant (reasonable prices) so close. Sure beats the drive into the City and a view of the Harbor. A meal here overlooking Conception Bay and Bell Island is a MUST experience if you want something seriously different from Downtown St. John's . . . as good as that is !

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My fiance and I try to stay a couple of nights at the Beach House just to relax and get enjoy some wonderful food at Atlantica. We knew there had been some changes and a new chef and were hopeful we would not be disappointed. We were not! We were greeted with the same graceful service and our meals on both nights were fabulous! If you get the opportunity don't pass up the partrigeberry panna cotta!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

About a half hour from downtown St Johns you are going to find a dinning experience at experience Atlantica in Portugal Cove.

I am about the whole experience and this is the whole experience done to a T. The dinning room is white table cloth and the servers are dressed for a formal evening. I was sorry I dressed so casual.

Never mind the mistake on my part the people looked the other way and treated us great.

I had the seared scallops for a starter and Oven Baked Halibut which was out of this world. Crispy top (I wonder how they did that) and soft white fish just done right.
For dessert I had Panna Cotta for the first time and I did not want the dish to end.

The service was just right, not hovering but there when you need it.

A great evening!

Bring your bucks as it is expensive but worth it.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The restaurant is well placed overlooking the Cove with breathtaking views The cuisine is interesting with flavourful dishes. Well presented and full of flavours. We had fresh greens for starters, followed by risotto with orange and fennel and ended with fresh made pasta with cod. All delicious! A definite must when in St-John's. If there is one thing I can say is that the service was slow (but very friendly), which was odd conidering that there were only 5 other customers in the restaurant during our early 6PM dinner.

1  Thank mundus-eo-ire-itum
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had a great meal last night (May 24) . The meal and presentation were excellent. The chicken and rabbit pâté was fabulous ! Should be on the menu!! Try the s'mores dessert, you will not be disspointed. No trouble changing our reservation to a different date. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable on the menu! Highly recommended.