“Get past the outside appearance”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clarenville
Wave Hotel and Fitness Center
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clarenville
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The outside of the hotel looks completely suited to its location just off the main street in an industrial park. Don't let that fool you. The rooms are large and modern and clean. Quiet too. The staff was friendly and helpful. Wifi coverage was spotty and misconfigured so it was a challenge to use. Its an easy walk to the mall and a few restaurants. Don't go for the view though. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Erik S

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family stayed here for four nights during July. We had an excellent stay! The rooms were very clean and very modern. The beds were extremely comfy and the fridge was an awesome addition when you have kids. The breakfast had a great selection of cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, juices, milk, and so on. Of course, the 25 meter pool is what the kids liked the best! the hotel was very quiet at night as well. I would recommended this hotel to anyone and will be back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family and I decided to go to Clarenville for a couple of days and see the area. We decided to stay at The Wave hotel mainly because of the indoor pool, we all like to relax in the pool during and after a long day. The rooms were very clean and spacious, but what was very disappointing was the fact that the pool was a public swimming pool! When we registered, we were told that we couldn't swim yet because the swim team was practicing! Later that day we were told we could go swimming during a public swim for a certain time, but after that was a adult swim and our son was not allowed in the pool for that, but was allowed in the pool after 9 in the night for as long as he wanted! I was really disappointed in the fact that we could only swim when we were told and not when we wanted. Also, if you like to sleep in past 8 in the morning, ask for a room far away from the house keeping room! We were awakened at 8 sharp as our room was near the house keeping room, radio volumn was blasting and the vacuum was going! Who needs an alarm! Overall, a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Chris726
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Wave for two nights and had a very nice experience.
The rooms are a wonderful size and were very clean and comfortable,Breakfast items were available during the day with milk and snacks.
Our stay was quiet,we slept fine in the king size very comfortable bed."Very Comfortably"
I would highly recommend this hotel and will be back in the future!
We had a staycation this summer, and we very much enjoyed Clarenville and the surrounding areas of our beautiful Island Newfoundland.
The hotel staff were also very helpful and pleasant to deal with!
We have travelled in the past and this by all means was a very nice place to stay.
If you like fitness there is a pool and huge Gym.
The hotel is located in an industrial area of Clarenville but still very quiet when we stayed!
With a little work to the back, a small green space area maybe just outside, it will really make a nice outdoor experience for guests.
All in good time!

Room Tip: There is parking in the rear and door to the corridor where rooms are located.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nasoni
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in July 2013. Booked the room with the king size bed and the double jacuzzi. Room was just as the pictures promised - new bedding, cozy looking couch, all good - great I thought - this will be better than the older and frankly tired hotels you might run into in the area. Just one problem - the room, nearly the whole building - is on a tilt - and it's a biggie. Imagine staying on the ramp leading into your plane and you get the idea. Anyhow my wife and I spent the night looking up foundation cracks and poor backfilling online. I feel bad for the owners who are trying to make it happen with this place but I smell a lawsuit in here somewhere. First few rooms near the check in seem to be on the level but after that the Wave truly becomes the wave! I won't be back - sorry - not when you add in the premium price - I can get almost as nice a room elsewhere for a wee bit less and i can visit the pool and gym here without staying on the slope behind them!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Rolling0
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Its a Hotel+Gym+Pool+Prostitute Centre.
Went for camping to Terra Nova, we decided to stay there for a night.
It was the worst night in my life. People at front desk seemed friendly, at the beginning.
Once we started to walk towards our rooms, it started to stink of alcohol all over the place.
As soon as night started to fall, you could hear prostitutes asking people in the other rooms whether they would need service. Unfortunately, our next room guest decided to try that. We could hear them, during the whole period, my wife had put hands on our kinds ear.
I went to the front desk, there was no one. I soon realized there is only one person running this place. Once I found her, she said she can't do anything about it. The worst part is that, she never even said sorry. We spent the night in the car.
To who ever going to Clarenville, choose another hotel not this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Dave B
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very nicely decorated, extremely clean. The staff are wonderful and so was the pool.
It was just finished being built in February so it's in no way run down. One of the nicest hotels I've stayed at in this price range.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wwwonderlandd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarenville
Clarenville Inn
Restland Motel
Restland Motel
#4 of 4 in Clarenville
Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community

Been to Wave Hotel and Fitness Center? Share your experiences!