“Food was delicious and service was great”

Stellar Kitchen at Clarenville Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Clarenville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the pan fried cod and it was so moist and tender. The rolls were tasty and the Baileys crème brûlée was so yummy. The service was great and because there was a table ahead of us with 20 people the chef offered us a complementary drink or dessert.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We didn't plan to eat here but we were staying in the hotel and the rain was sheeting down. Six hours in the car had already been too much rain driving. My husband decided to ask if they could make a Manhattan -- the waitress said she'd check and not too long later she came back with what turned out to be an excellent one. It turned out that she actually looked it up on Google and then made it at the bar! Most servers would have just said "we don't make them" or something similar. After 10 days in Newfoundland and seafood almost every night my husband opted for a hot turkey sandwich --- which was made from real roast turkey. He also tried the seafood chowder which he pronounced the best of the trip. My pan-fried cod was perfect. Overall, it was a comfortable, very enjoyable dining experience. Nice views are a plus. I had breakfast there in the morning, and that too was well prepared.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

As a rule, we stay away from having dinners in hotel restaurants, whether at home base in Toronto, Ontario, or when we travel throughout North America......too many overpriced and awful experiences. Well, the Stellar Bistro and Lounge at The Clarenville Inn, proved our theory to be wrong, this time. Dinner in the Stellar Bistro was pleasantly exceptional !....our waitress : Angela was extremely attentive and friendly, and made several great suggestions of menu items. We had our 30th anniversary dinner in the Stellar Bistro, and we both agreed that the bruschetta & mussel appetizers; the main course pasta dishes and the house desert and coffees tasted like we would have hoped for, for this special celebration of our marriage.

3  Thank Ron R
Reviewed March 9, 2013

the Staff and the atmosphere is very professional. The added items to the menu will certianly help with the pickiest of eaters. The Steaks are always cooked to your request. Dont forget to start with the chicken wings. good dry or with sauce

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Starved on the way through Clarenville, my mother and I stopped for lunch at this restaurant. The appearance is very run-of-the-mill with standard polyester linens and so on, but the view of the town was nice if one looked past the swimming pool full of brown leaves in the foreground. Our waitress was somewhat inattentive and the scope of the menu was narrow. I chose the roasted beet salad, my mother has a soup. While the soup was acceptable, if unimaginative, the salad was apalling. Three thin, limp slices of boiled beet were draped pathetically atop a bed of romaine lettuce with a bland apple cider vinegarette. At the end of lunch I was still starving but unwilling to spend any more money- the salad, if I recall, was between twelve and fourteen dollars, though I may be wrong. Half that would have been too much. This was a gravely disappointing experience, one which I will not repeat.

StellarBistro, Manager at Stellar Kitchen at Clarenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your time in writting a review on your experience with us, we feel all comments are very important and strive to better our service and product on a daily basis, we have since resolved all issues you've mentioned.