“Good place to sleep; super place to eat!”
Review of Restland Motel

Restland Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clarenville
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This motel is on the older side, but had clean, quiet rooms. Super easy to find coming from the east. The restaurant had super food. We ate there for supper and then breakfast the next morning. The serving size was very large and the service was great! Complimentary breakfast. Fuel and stores very close.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karen K
There are newer reviews for Restland Motel

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I spotted this motel as I passed by on my way to a business meeting. It looked ok from the outside and the Newfie Grill restaurant appeared interesting. I decided to stay there after my meeting thinking that it would be a cheap room for the night. First mistake, it was not cheap at $123 + tax. I was asked if I wanted an air conditioned room, well of course I did! Did I want breakfast? also yes. Then I had to pay up front at which time I was handed a breakfast coupon and the TV remote (they must be expensive in this town). My room was quite a good size (this is the only "good" statement I will use here). It was "bare bones" with cheap looking furniture, cheap laminate on the floor and a bed that I found later to be too soft with very cheap bedding. It had all the look of a cheap roadside motel. I wanted a shower before dinner only to find that there were no towels in the room. I went to the front desk to complain and I had to follow the person to the laundry room where I was handed my towels with no apologies. The walls were so thin It seemed like the snorer in the next room was next to me.
I went to the attached Newfie Grill where I was served a bland, poorly presented cod dinner by a nonchalant waitress.
The next morning I noticed that the breakfast coupon only covered the cost of a basic 2 rashers of bacon and 1 fried egg, toast and coffee. After the tasteless offering the night before I chose to forego this and find somewhere more appealing along the road.

Room Tip: Pay a couple of dollars more and go to the Clarenville Inn, a real hotel with properly trained staff...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bazz11
Reviewed June 1, 2012

my husband and i stayed here on our way back to halifax. it looks quite quaint on the outside but not so much on the inside. the rooms are clean, tv is old, furniture and bedding could stand to be upgraded. The restaurant staff and food was quite good. Very pleasant dinner we had there and good prices. the front end staff was super friendly and that made our stay better. The price was a little steep for the quality of the room but over all we were just staying there for one night and moving on so not a big deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schnoobs
Reviewed May 17, 2012

For a group of eight trying to get on the highway before the storm, it was a great spot for us. We were on our way to Terra Nova and luckily Restland had a late check in and two available rooms! The beds were comfortable, although the sheets and comforter were a little dated. Luckily for us, a lot of our group were smokers and the blizzard outside was getting pretty fierce, so they had a smoking room, which isn't very common anymore.

Sure this place isn't the fanciest or nicest spot, but it'll put a roof over your head for a night and the service is great.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed here with my husband in July 2011 for one night. We had an efficiency unit although didn't need to use the stove, etc. However it was very handy to have it available and we did use the fridge. There's a little bar with a couch and chairs as well as a small restaurant on site - both were reasonably priced. Location is good - right on the main road in Clarenville and near a shopping mall. Reasonable rates for fairly comfortable surroundings and free high speed internet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed overnight while skiing at nearby White Hills. It was convenient to have an efficiency unit and do our own cooking. The unit was clean and comfortable. Only 2 complaints - beds were too soft, the mattress/pillows need an upgrade and the walls are a bit thin so you hear your neighbours walking and talking. They seem to be strict about noise after 11 pm though.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nlboreal
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We were booked for a 7 night stay at the Restland Motel, but we too only lasted one night. There was a horrible smell of stale cigarette smoke in the hallway which permeated through the room overnight. I knew we weren't going to stand 7 nights of that. If you're a smoker, perhaps it won't bother you as much.
The room, which was an efficiency, was small and in desperate need of an update, but was clean. The bed was small, but adequate. The bathroom was large, but needed some more light. Three weak bulbs over the sink and nothing in the shower.
When we made the reservation, we were told we would receive a free breakfast at the small restaurant in the motel and receive a free drink at the bar. The bar didn't look too appealing - just a few locals playing video slots, so we skipped that part. When I went to get breakfast at 8AM, I was told I needed a coupon. I went to the front desk for the coupon, and was told that "we didn't pay for that". I didn't quite understand the "free" part of that breakfast, but the gentleman at the desk told me the night clerk who checked us in had made a mistake, however, he did give me a coupon, and I did go back for the breakfast. The waitress was very friendly, and the food delicious.
I'm not a real fussy person, but I would never stay here again. I hate to say it, but it came across as a "No Tell Motel", if you know what I mean.
We stayed at the Clarenville Inn for the rest of our stay. The difference was like night and day. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dutch0901
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarenville
Clarenville Inn
Terra Nova Resort & Golf Community
Kilmory Resort
Kilmory Resort
#1 of 1 in Swift Current

Been to Restland Motel? Share your experiences!