“Great Food and great Service”

Mallards at the Wharf
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining with an upscale casual seafood focused menu. Specializing in the use of Local, sustainable and fresh products with an award winning chef.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have visited this restaurant several times and I've always been very happy with the food, service and scenery. The presentation is what you would expect from a high end restaurant and the quality of the filet that I had was incredible! My wife and I share the mussels everytime that we go there and it always seems to be a race, not to mention that the broth at the bottom could be a dish on its own. We will, without a doubt, be back many more times for this fine dinning quality in a family friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My family and I really enjoy this restaurant on the bay. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is family friendly. I recommend the crabcakes. My husband especially loves the clerk sandwich and wings for lunch. Enjoy the outside deck too; the view is relaxing and there is often live acoustic entertainment. Service is always prompt. A great place to go with friends and family!

1  Thank luvtojig
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful scenery in historical Onancock, Va.
We enjoyed 5 star food in a casual setting. ..
Crab cakes were out of this world.

Thanks Chef Johnny Mo for the musical entertainment as well...

Talented gourmet chef and rock star...amazing night..

#gottatrythisplace

1  Thank Sam M
Reviewed December 18, 2013

When we go to Virginia Beach we are always looking for good places to stop and get a bite. After seeing Mallards great reviews, we decided to give it a try and I'm glad we did! The staff is great and we got seated quickly. I had the grouper and crab soup and it was amazing! Being from Maryland we have certain standards for crab soup and they hit the nail on the head with this one! The fish was also cooked and seasoned perfectly. This place is also right on the water and in the summer there is outdoor seating. Can't wait to come back and sit outside next time. We will definitely make this a stop on our route from now on.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I along with my brother and sister in law were in Onancock last Thursday December 5th and we stopped in at Mallards on the wharf. The service was excellent and the crab cakes and pulled pork were delicious. We met Chef Johnny Mo and bought 2 of his cookbooks and his cd's. We look forward to coming back in 2014 for lunch and dinner.

Been to Mallards at the Wharf? Share your experiences!